1. Pounder
2. Dinner Belle II
3. Slack Time
4. SEA3PO
5. C-Hawk
6. Blue Eagle
7. Dora-Jean
8. No Limits.

We have room for just two more vessels. If you want to go sign up now.

Conrad, look for us as we go under through the Carquinez Straight on Thursday morning (May 2). Congratulations on your graduation from the Maritime Academy.

Thank you! It's my second time being processed by the old sailor factory. As they don't offer a phd program I can finally say I'm through with CMA.
Hopefully I'll be able to rendezvous with you all in sausalito.

07' Tomcat 255 "Kanaloa"
87' Boston Whaler Guardian 17 (BlackFlag, 03-14)
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up. I’m going to name my boat Momma B after of course Momma Byrd. I plan have a proper naming ceremony soon here in the Cumberland River. O date set yet but if any y’all want to fly to Nashville for a fly/drive/boat in gathering let me know. Planing on hitting the FL gathering too.
Byrdman.

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
kmcclish

City/Region: Santa Maria
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Marcia Jane
Photos: Marcia Jane
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, this Delta Extravaganza will be cruising without the MARCIA JANE! The boat is ready, Marcia is ready and I thought my newly remodeled knees would be ready as well. However, a Staph infection decided to erupt in the right knee, requiring emergency surgery last week. We think everything is OK now, and we just started the 6 week infusion process this week.

We encourage anyone who has not participated in this event to give it a try. You won’t be sorry! There is still one spot available and this cruise is the adventure of a lifetime. You will meet the nicest boaters on the west coast!
Jim and Kath are the greatest hosts alive and John and Robbin’s hospitality is beyond belief.

We’ll miss the skippers of SEA3PO, c-Hawk, Slack Time, Blue Eagle and Dora Jean and had looked forward to meeting new skippers as well. Hope to see you all at at Two Harbors unless we decide to sell the beloved MARCIA JANE.
Calm seas to all.

Kent McClish
MARCIA JANE
Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have nine vessels signed up as follows:

1. Pounder
2. Dinner Belle II
3. Slack Time
4. SEA3PO
5. C-Hawk
6. Blue Eagle
7. Dora-Jean
8. No Limits
9. TBD (Birdman).

Conrad on Kanaloa will be joining us in Sausalito only (where we have the dockage space).

Therefore we still have room for one more vessel. Please sign up if you want to go.

Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kent and Marcia.

Sorry you cannot go. We will miss you.

Hope you have a speedy knee recovery. Don't sell your boat until you recover and see how you feel!

Jim & Kath
Lil Rascal

City/Region: Thousand Oaks
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Lil' rascal
Photos: Lil' rascal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
Put me down as number 10. I haven’t seen you guys in awhile, been to busy raising kids. I have always wanted to do this cruise, and it will be nice to catch up with some of the old gang!

Scott Dritz
“Lil Rascal”
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be driving down from Mt. Vernon WA area to this gathering so may lean on some of you closer to time for a what to avoid and what to do correctly on this trip. Last towing up and down the west coast was 2003 when I bought Dusty's TC244 and towed her back to AL. Looking forward to returning to CA for some time.
Byrdman
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herein is the itinerary for our 17th Annual, Delta/Bay Extravaganza, 2019 C-Dory event. Our schedule will be different than it has been for the last several years. And the schedule has been changed slightly since the announcement (we are now not staying in Sausalito). There is a request for attendees to send a $80 check for marina reservations, and a request to volunteer for a pot luck food dish. All this is described below.

1. Wednesday, May 1st , Delta Marina, Rio Vista
Harbormaster Bill (707) 374-2315

• Launch fee of $10.00 to be paid individually, on check-in
• Vehicle and trailer parked in the gated lot at the end of the marina
• Parking, $5 per day, Wednesday to Sunday ($25) paid on check-in
• Pay total $35 ($10+$25) in cash to this Marina on check-in.

If you want to come a day early on Tuesday, April 30th, the overnight on-the-dock charge is 85 cents per foot, per night, for a vessel.

Wednesday, May 1st, leave Rio Vista (Delta Marina) at 12:00 Noon, and arrive at Wheeler Island Duck Club, midafternoon. On Wednesday, Kath and I plan to launch our own vessel about 10:00 AM, at Rio Vista. We then will all leave Rio Vista, as a C-Dory Group, at Noon, and head down river to Wheeler Island.

2. Wednesday and Thursday, May 1st and 2nd, Wheeler Island Private Duck Club
Jim’s cell phone (916) 799-0286

• Boats rafted double, boat-to-boat, at Club dock, 25 foot boats in first
• Bring enough boat fenders to raft up
• No shore power or water hookups
• Restrooms and showers in the clubhouse
• No marina fees!

John and Robbin are hosting a BBQ dinner for everyone on Wednesday night. Kath and I are hosting a bacon and egg breakfast for everyone on Thursday morning.

This year we are staying two nights at the Duck Club (Wednesday and Thursday nights). John has arranged a guided fishing trip for anyone who is interested on Thursday, May 2nd.

John has hired Jeff of “Go Fishing Adventures” to be our fishing guide for Thursday. Those that met him last year will tell you that Jeff is a real “go getter” and has lots of fish pictures to show for it.

Please bring your fishing gear and fishing licenses if you want to go guided fishing for stripped bass and maybe sturgeon on Thursday. We will take the big boats out on Thursday for fishing with the group and the fishing guide.

On Thursday night we will have a pot luck dinner. For the dinner we will have a fish fry and will supplement it with volunteer food contributions. For Thursday night we will supplement fish with predinner snacks (chips and cheese/crackers), hamburgers, potato salad, green salad, and desert. Everyone is to bring their own liquid refreshments.

Kath and I will bring the hamburger for Thursday night. We need food volunteers for each of the following five items for Thursday night:

1. Predinner snacks (chips and cheese/crackers)
2. Buns for the hamburgers; ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise; onions
3. Potato salad
4. Green salad and dressing
5. Desert.

We also need food volunteers for a continental breakfast on Friday morning, May 3rd.

1. Croissants or bakery items
2. Coffee and orange Juice.

There are seven (5+2) opportunities above for each of the attendees to pick one of the seven pot luck food items. The head count is 20 persons, including the club caretakers.

3. Friday, May 3rd and Saturday, May 4th, San Francisco South Beach Harbor
Harbor Master Linda Green (415) 495-4911

• Cost of $35 per night regardless of boat size (Prepaid)
• Non-refundable deposit, paid in advance, $10 per vessel (Prepaid)
• Rest rooms and showers
• Shore power and water hookups available (power adapter with a deposit)
• Everyone on “A” dock with assigned slip numbers (given later in trip).

Friday, May 3rd, leave Duck Club approximately 9:30 AM (on an early incoming tide if possible) and head to SF South Beach Harbor. We will try to leave the Duck Club in the morning after breakfast, in time to safely cross San Pablo Bay. We may stop in Sausalito on the way over to SF to fill our gas tanks before we arrive at the City of San Francisco (South Beach Harbor).

On Friday and Saturday nights, we will have dinner at one of the casual nearby San Francisco neighborhood restaurants for those that are interested in attending. John and Laurie, maybe you could please arrange to use your reciprocal yacht club privileges to allow us to have dinner on one of the nights (Friday or Saturday) at the South Beach Yacht Club?

4. Sunday, May 5th

Leave San Francisco at dawn’s early light, and return to Rio Vista to arrive before Noon. On Sunday, we will head non-stop back to Rio Vista. We should pull into the docks at Rio Vista, approximately 11:00 AM, Sunday morning. Per tradition, anyone willing, is invited to have breakfast at the Strippers Restaurant in Rio Vista, curtesy of Jim and Kath, after we get our boats retrieved and put on their trailers. This is usually by about 1:00 PM, Sunday.

xxxxxx

The above itinerary seems like a rigid schedule. In fact, anything can happen along the way to throw it off. Several years we were not able to meet our plan as scheduled, due to weather conditions.

In the Central/West Delta main channels one wants to avoid together the incoming wind, and the outgoing tides, as they can be nasty enough, in combination, to even put a mighty C-Dory out-of- commission. Once you are West of Pittsburgh, the water channels become wider and bigger, and the wind is usually going to be coming at you from the West, and if the tide is going out, hang on for a rough passage!

For some years, we have lucked out with relatively calm weather, and we have been able to safely finish off the entire trip itinerary, as we originally planned it. However, in a few past years we have had to modify our schedule substantially, and stop at interim locations, or even stay over at a given location an extra day or so, to “ride out” the passing weather.

For full disclosure, for the new attendees, this Extravaganza covers approximately 200 NM in five (5) days, and there is always unpredictability in weather and water conditions. The more experienced, competent, and relaxed Skippers have generally enjoyed this trip the most.

As always, each boat Captain is solely responsible for his/her own boat’s, and passenger’s, ultimate safety and well-being. Each Skipper is not to rely on the judgment (or lack thereof) of the Pack Commodore. It greatly helps the Group to show up with your vessel and engine(s) in good operating condition and with full tanks of fuel when you leave Rio Vista.

The C-Dory Group will communicate during this trip on VHF Channel 69. We will also monitor Channel 16.

There is no need for anyone to bring food for either Wednesday night, or Thursday morning. Please feel free though to host your own dock happy hour at any of our destinations. Everyone is on their own for breakfasts and lunches throughout the trip. Some folks bring their own food with them, and others just go out to eat, as there are plenty of good restaurants to eat breakfast and lunch nearby. Also, some have dinners on their own boats, and others go out to dinner as a group.

xxxxxx

This is our 17th time for this C-Dory cruise, and we have always enjoyed ourselves, and the other attendees, or we would not keep doing it. We again look forward to the trip this year. We never know when this will be the last year, we can do this due to inevitable health reasons.

This year, like year’s past, we need to collect some marina reservation fees in advance. The advance marina reservation fees, per vessel, this year are $80 for San Francisco ($35 x 2) + $10).

You will pay your own launch fees and parking costs at Rio Vista when you check-in there. The San Francisco marina must be paid in advance. There are no fees for our stay at Wheeler Island!

Please send a check for $80.00 to confirm your trip reservation. This fee will be non-refundable, even if you do not show up, for whatever reason, as San Francisco will not refund it. Along with your check, please provide (1) the full first and last names for yourself and crew; (2) your vessel name; and (3) your vessel CF number. This information is used for marina reservations.

Please send your check, payable to Jim Gibson, along with the above requested information, to Jim Gibson, at 15 Noah Court, Sacramento, California, 95831. Please send your check by March 31, 2019 (about a month from now). If we do not receive your check by then we will assume that you are not going.

Please indicate on this site if you will be fishing with the guide on Thursday, as we need a head count for Jeff.

Finally, please indicate on this site which of the seven food items you are going to volunteer for.

There is room for one more boat to go on this trip. Please sign up here if you are interested in attending. We look forward to new folks going on this trip.

Thank you for attending this event. As always, we look forward to seeing everyone May 1st. This is one month later than last year so hopefully we will get some better weather this year.

If there are any questions, please call me. Kath and I are looking forward to another fun C-Dory gathering.

Sincerely,
Jim & Kath
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad on Kanaloa will be joining us at Rio Vista and going to the Duck Club for Wednesday night. He is leaving Thursday afternoon for graduation at the Maritime Academe on Friday. We now have our maximum of ten boats for the Duck Club.

Please see my above post reqauesting a head count for Guided fishing, and for Food volunteer assignments. Also note the request for SF marina fees.

Thank you.
cmetzenberg

City/Region: Santa Barbara
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Kanaloa
Photos: Kanaloa
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're very excited to meet you all. Please let me know what I can bring to help out thursday or wednesday night.
mailbox101

City/Region: Pacifica
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Blue Eagle
Photos: Blue-Eagle
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please put Blue Eagle down for dessert, as well as two spots on the guided fishing.

As I’ve never been fishing in that area, suggestions from the experienced fishermen of our group as to what equipment would be appropriate, in terms of line-strength, hooks, bait or luirs, etc., would be appreciated.

David
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the trip and meeting with old and new friends.
C-Hawk will bring the coffee and orange juice.
Add 1 for fishing.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All.

We have four boats signed up for guided fishing on Thursday:

1. Pounder
2. Dinner Belle II
3. C-Hawk
4. Blue Eagle.

Does Slack Time, SEA3PO, Dora-Jean, No Limits, Birdman, or Kanaloa plan to go guided fishing on Thursday? We need a head count for the guide.

We have four boats signed up for food volunteers as follows:

1. Dinner Belle II dinner on Wednesday night
2. Pounder breakfast on Thursday morning and hamburger for Thursday
night
3. Blue Eagle desert for Thursday night
4. C-Hawk coffee and orange juice for Friday morning.

We still need food volunteers for the following:

1. Pre-dinner snacks, Thursday night
2. Buns, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and onions for Thursday night
3. Potato salad for Thursday night
4. Green salad and dressing for Thursday night
5. Croissants or bakery items for Friday morning.

Can Slack Time, SEA3PO, Dora-Jean, No Limits, and Birdman consider signing up for one of the above five food items?

Also, do not forget to send in your $80 for marina fees. These fees must be paid in advance by myself to San Francisco South Beach Harbor. If I do not receive these fees I will assume you are not going on the trip. I have already received some of these checks in the mail.

Thank you for your attention to these housekeeping items.
SEA3PO

City/Region: Chester
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: SEA3PO
Photos: SEA3PO
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 am    Post subject: No fishing fer me Reply with quote

Sorry been kinda busy this week...another trip to the hospital this week...Sue had a heart attack 6 weeks ago and was doing well until.. Monday morning when she woke me with pains in her cest...turned out to be a large gallstone so she is in the hospital.....they can't do surgery as her heart stint requires blood thinners and surgery is too dangerous... she is in terrible pain ....

I don't like to eat fish so I don't think I want to go fishing...

Joel
SEA3PO
C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts and prayers for Sue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: