HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Photo Activity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Photo Activity Reply with quote

Under the banner of recent photo activity I sometimes click on something to see. For example today I saw "Lizzie" so I thought I would see what Marty was up to. His latest photo has 136 views so I don't think that was posted today. He has many other photo's with comments so it could be a new comment added to any one of these. Is there any way to figure out the "new activity" in a large album? Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Rob

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, any changes in a album like additional photos, moving photos or comments will bring that members photo album up to be viewed on the home page, under recent photo activity. When going to the link, it doesn’t take one to the change, just to the album or albums. When you link to the albums under recent activity, there’s a link at the album site reached to see comments. Each comment is dated. I noticed a comment showing up in in the photo activity made in my album on Jan 4, 2019 by NORO LIM linked only to my album sets, so yes, I had to search through the comments to find & answer his comment.

Jay

NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo Activity Reply with quote

Robert H. Wilkinson wrote:
. . . Is there any way to figure out the "new activity" in a large album? Am I missing something here?

Regards,

Rob

I don't know of any quick, or automated, way to find the most recent changes in albums. Occasionally, I may notice some small alteration I want to make in a caption, or I may have a new photo I want to add in the middle of a series, and these changes put the whole album on the "Recent C-Dory Photo Activity" list with no indication of where or what the change is. I try to maintain some semblance (in my disordered mind, at least) of organization in my albums. Just adding new photos to the end of an album where they would be easier to identify, doesn't always suit me. As noted, looking for smaller numbers of views may help you find the new stuff.

The lack of specific notice of a change applies to one's own viewing of one's own album, as well. I see that Jay found the comment I recently left in his album. It was actually made in response to one he left in my album. I too check the comments portion of my albums fairly regularly. Commenters, of course, can always PM or email an album owner in lieu of or in addition to posting a comment.

On the upside, its one more reason to spend more time looking at your own and others' photo albums. I'm getting old enough the pictures all seem new every time I look, anyway.

chromer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Photos: Checkpoint II
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the comment that drove the change to Lizzie album

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Lizzie&id=Photo_0051&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Checkpoint II (SOLD 10/2020)
Alure Bertram 28
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Jay, Bill & Dwight. I didn't think of going to "comments" and checking dates.

Regards,

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: