Jon - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone used this fuel for their Wallas and what results did you get? http://www.msiwix.com/Klean-Heat.htm
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sea Wolf, I was reading up on this thread and back in January I read your post about a platinum "Cat" catalytic propane heater. That's the same heater we had in our boat when we bought her. It worked pretty good, but I didn't like the 5 gallon bottle of propane in the cabin. It does work with a thermostat and is vented outside. This thing has been sitting in our garage for almost two years now. If anyone would like to have it, let me know and we'll figure out a way to deliver it. I'll give it a week and if I don't hear anything, she'll be hitting the dumpster.
Jon
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warm and toasty CLou wrote:
This thing has been sitting in our garage for almost two years now. If anyone would like to have it, let me know and we'll figure out a way to deliver it. I'll give it a week and if I don't hear anything, she'll be hitting the dumpster.

Better hang onto it, Jon. Them Wallas jobs work less than half the time. I wish you would have said something before you went out and bought one, but it's too late now.

Just kidding!

Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I'm hoping I got the new and improved model. Maybe after all the little "quirks" with these stoves, they incorporated a better design. Wishful thinking on my part.

Hey Mike, I didn't Know it at the time of installation, but Cynthia now has a hair blow dryer on the starboard side of the boat.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cynthia now has a hair blow dryer on the starboard side of the boat.

However, if you tie up port side to the dock, it won't do much good to try drying her hair.

Them Wallas stoves got a bum rap, I think. That one in the TyBoo25 sat for at least a year, and fired right up with old diesel after I cleaned the fuel suction filter. It was seven years old, so I sent it in for a tuneup and a fan upgrade, and she works great. I'm sticking with the K1 kerosene, and not trying no fancy fuel. That's how Dusty does it!

You'll like that stove a whole bunch more than you think. Now all we gotta do is talk B~C into getting one.

So - it's a new AQC, a new radar, and a new Wallas. What's next? Microwave? TV? DVD?
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still have the "ol clunker" radar. Maybe this summer I'll install that bow hatch I was yaking about. Cynthia is really against it, she hates any bit of light when trying to sleep and is burned out on making covers. I showed her Tim's post about the safety feature involved with hatches. A couple more posts like that and I think she'll give in.

I bought 4 gallons of Klean Heat (made by Klean Strip) at Home Depot. I'll give that a try and see how it works.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon- Did you get my private email regarding the Platinum Cat? I'll be glad to reimburse you for the shipping and handling, plus, say $25 for your trouble. I'm a compulseive tinkerer and love to experiment and to just figure out how things work. I'll put it to god practical use in a houseboat in the process. Let me know what you're thinking. Thanks! Joe.
Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
B~C

City/Region: Bend
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: Blue~C
Photos: Blue~C
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

durn scientist will probably convert that thing over to some small nuke plant or somethin, end up melting us all down Smile
Jon - CLou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, I never did get your private mail or e-mail. Dang, I wished I had another propane cat heater for you because I gave this one away this afternoon. Would you be interested in a 100 lb dog? Just kidding, Cynthia would have my hide if I parted with that big stinker.
Jon
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Hide? Much more, much more!!!!

Duster

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon- Too bad about the Plat. Cat, but oh well, thanks anyway. No, no 100 lb dog, I already have a 155 lb. Great Dane female (Shadow) who is my official First Mate (as long as my wife isn't along, then I'm the First Mate, Shadow is in the DogHouse (v-berth). and guess who the Captain is???

Dusty- I was hoping you'd come down with Les and the EQ Gang for the Lake Shasta Cruise in October. I guess I'll just have to come up north to one of the C-Brat get togethers to meet you in person. Would be a good time to bring up and dispose of some unwanted government surplus that the good people in Nevada don't seem to want stored inside that big mountain just outside Las Vegas. Placed in just the right position there near Deception Pass, it ought to help the local salmonoids quickly evolve into some great red-hot lunkers for to to catch on your new boat. Joe.
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe -

The trip with the kids to Shasta would be great fun, and I certainly would like to meet you in person. My really LONG trips are from here to the CDory plant in Monroe with Les - as long as he drives. Of course I drive to Port Angeles to visit Jon and Cynthia, but get a break on the ferry, so it's not a bad trip - well worth it too, because they understand my pain and ply me with smoked salmon and beer!!! Tough.

Not sure your ordinance would do much good up here. No smart salmon is going to come anywhere near the Deception Pass Bridge. In fact salmon swim miles and miles just to avoid the area. I spend hours under the bridge drowning herring, and I know.

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: