The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1989 16' Angler, 17K OBO, Seattle/Stanwood
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: 1989 16' Angler, 17K OBO, Seattle/Stanwood Reply with quote

My little jewel Bambina has served me faithfully for 28 years, but the time has come to locate a suitable new home for her.

She has a 2015 Honda 50 with 172 hours. Installed by Les at EQ after my 1997 Honda 50 was stolen. Reliably 9.3 MPG.
Seastar Hydraulic steering installed by EQ in '07.

Original EZ Loader trailer with new tires in 2015. Very little time spent in salt water, as it was routinely lake or sling-launched.

Curtains port and starboard, 2005 Garmin 188C chartplotter, ICOM M-324 (EQ), swim step installed by the factory in 1998. Original seats replaced by sunbrella-covered, deeper ones in '05. Slant back canvas for storage, with complete sunbrella coverage from stem to back transom. Also, camperback sunbrella cockpit cover with five zip-out, roll-up windows. Zero leaks, and a delightful addition for one who prefers cruising and sightseeing over fishing.

Lines, fenders, cockpit rug, and new anchor with chain and rode never used. Two 6.6 gallon remote tanks, dependable battery. A simple, very reliable boat lacking years of drilling and additions. EQ also replaced the hatch in '15, as it leaked a bit. Bambina has always been stored indoors. Her interior is in mint condition, her gel coat exterior pretty fine, too, though like her owner, shows some age. A few minor scratches here and there. See her on page three of our Photos Page under Bambina, and I'll post more showing her with camper back canvas deployed.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Brock, I thought you decided to keep Bambina for a tender Wink

This has got to be the cleanest 16 on the water, bar none. Never had shoes worn on board, and so perfectly well trained. What a sweet 16.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks, Harvey. The reason I didn't wear shoes on board--kooky, huh?--was because my wife always insisted on it. They're always right, right?

I'll never forget the photo you took on your above post. I'd just left the Sequim gas dock after a delightful run from Friday Harbor across the Strait of Juan de Fuca in 2007. That day I pulled into Blake Island for the night--a memorable 118 mile cruise.
Rainbow
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than new. Worth every penny. (Brock, you forgot to list the whistle)

"...we're all in the same boat..."
hardee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
Yeah, thanks, Harvey. The reason I didn't wear shoes on board--kooky, huh?--was because my wife always insisted on it. They're always right, right?

I'll never forget the photo you took on your above post. I'd just left the Sequim gas dock after a delightful run from Friday Harbor across the Strait of Juan de Fuca in 2007. That day I pulled into Blake Island for the night--a memorable 118 mile cruise.
Rainbow

And that lady asked my why you would do something like that? "cross Juan de Fuca" Well, because you could.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whistle. Marty, how could I forget the whistle? Also, all canvas done by King in Seattle.

Hey, Harvey, I remember that comment, and she must not have been a boater. Let alone, a C-Dory girl. You know as well as any of us how exquisite the Strait is on a beautiful, serene morning. That day was flat calm with visibility in every direction, with wisps of fog. From Mt. Baker to the Olympics, Victoria to the west entrance. Cruising that broad expanse, with hundreds of seabirds preening and fishing on the surface, freighters bearing down 15 miles away, few to no boats and a feeling of aloneness like few other cruises.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could own any 16 Angler made, it would be this one. Pick your reason...quality of build (Tolands), condition (anyone who has seen Bambina knows she's drool worthy and unmolested with holes/additions) or, to be frank - karma. That brand spankin' newish FI Honda 50 is just the icing on the cake.

There's simply no C-Dory out there with more good ju ju. Bambina and Brock have graced us with their presence, both online and at countless PNW gatherings since the start of the C-Brats. This boat has history here, and I seriously hope whoever ends up with her appreciates that. Look no further than the upper left corner of every C-Brat page...that wondrous logo was inspired by my friend and his dandy vessel.

I seriously gave consideration to selling mine and buying Brock's. Were my plate not incredibly full, I'd do it without a second thought.

I've chat with Brock on and off for a while about Bambina, and have mentioned her to several friends who have thought of C-Dory ownership. Unfortunately, none of them are in a position to buy right now...something I've made clear to them all is quite unfortunate.

This is "The One", folks. There will be others that come along, but none of them will be Bambina.

Wood Zeppelin

C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Creature
Photos: Childhood Dream
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current boats:

1997 22' Angler - "C-Creature"
1988 16' Angler - "E-fishn-C" (Project boat)
1997 16' Cruiser - "Wet-a-Net"

Also:
14.5' Drift Boat - "Wood Zeppelin"

Last edited by Wood Zeppelin on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:51 am; edited 6 times in total
Wood Zeppelin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Inspiration Reply with quote

Da Nag wrote:
...quality of build (Tolands),.

What is meant by "Tolands"?

This boat has been an inspiration for me. I posted a picture of it on my wall before I got my own Cdory!
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Inspiration Reply with quote

Wood Zeppelin wrote:

The first/original owners and manufacturers of C-Dory boats.

There's a commonly held opinion that they, along with the current manufacturers (NMI) set the gold standard for C-Dory construction. Fit/finish is arguably a cut above the years where other owners increased production numbers rapidly. Even the untrained eye can spot how a little more attention to detail was and is evident during these two eras.

I'm not of the opinion there were any "bad" C-Dory years, but everything else being equal - I'd give the nod to Toland and NMI built C-Dorys were I in the market for one.
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this goes back to the beginning of the C-Brats. Brock with the Bambina were the instigators of the very first organized gathering at Langley. I remember Brock posting a question if there were any other 16's out there that would like to get together. I promptly asked if it was limited to 16's. Brock said no. any C-dory was invited. if I can find it I have some pics of that gathering that I may be able to post. there is probably a photo album in gatherings .
1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Wood Zeppelin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Inspiration Reply with quote

Da Nag wrote:
Wood Zeppelin wrote:

... I'm not of the opinion there were any "bad" C-Dory years, but everything else being equal - I'd give the nod to Toland and NMI built C-Dorys were I in the market for one.

Gotcha, thanks! What years are the timeframe of these two eras?
Catman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, Bill and Roger. Looking back, I have to laugh. When I asked local C-Folks if they wanted to rendezvous in March 2001, I didn't have the mental bandwidth to think beyond 16-footers. Talk about limited thinking!
Anyway, that gig at Langley was the first of many more, and began lots of long lasting friendships.

Wood Zep, the Tolands sold the company they started in 2000, I believe. The Reynolds family subsequently bought it, and increased production fairly substantially.
Catman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, December 9th, is Roger's (Sensei) birthday! And I'm told it's one of those particularly noteworthy numbers that we're more likely to remember years later.

Roger and Elizabeth, as always, it was very nice to see you both today. Happy birthday, friend, and I wish you and your family a joyous holiday season.
Cake
hardee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, Happy Birthday. Brock, Hope to see you at the SBS and a bunch of other Brats there too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: