City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethanol Gas Sad Twisted Evil Moon

I am in the camp of "Yea I do use it" but I hate to, and most of the time I get non ethanol but it is getting harder to get. I do ALWAYS use Stabil and Startron when getting close to putting the boat away, and will add fresh gas much sooner after it sits if I am going to be on the boat for several tank fills. IF I am on a several tank fill trip I do not add either the Stabil or Startron , but I do add Yamaha Ring Free, especially if I am running long hours each day.

When I first got my boat it had only 80 hours on it, (over 1400 now), and I had to have the carbs cleaned and rebuilt because it sat for an unknown amount of time 3 - 8 months and it didn't run worth a hoot.

The rebuild was done on warrantee, and it was all six carbs (3 in each OB). The gunk in the carbs was like hardened grease almost like shale.

Photos from my album here:
http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=SleepyC&id=IMGP6734&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

The mechanic said to use the Stabil and Startron. I have ever since, and had NO, exactly no problems.

The price of the non ethanol fuel when I can, and the Stabil and Startron are worth the peace of mind that is will start all the time, every time and run like a top.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are those who have carburetors and hate ethanol and those who have fuel injection and aren't bothered by ethanol.

Fortunately the Honda 150 is EFI and I appreciate that. The smaller 10 horse motors, which are both (past tense) Honda and (present) Tohatsu are carbureted. I solve that problem by draining the carb after every trip. It's worked well. Do it for the bikes too.

Boris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: