The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Port Harvey Marine Resort is Open 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Port Harvey Marine Resort is Open 2019 Reply with quote

Port Harvey Marine Resort is Open 2019

I just returned from a really great week with the Port Harvey Yacht Club at Thetis Island Marina. The gathering was for a memorial for George Cambridge, co-owner of the Port Harvey Marine Resort on East Cracroft Island in the Broughtons. His wife, Gail was there and we all shared a really great time; tears, laughs, good music and good food.

Gail announced that Port Harvey Marine Resort docks would be open for business again this season, July and August. Here is here Facebook announcement:

Quote:
“I have found someone to run the dock in July and August. There will be moorage only! NO internet, power or water and The Red Shoe is closed You can call him (Dave) on 66A. It will be first come, first serve as reservations cannot be taken. Payment will be by cash or email transfer. 90 cents a foot including GST”

SO, anyone in the area, (between Campbell River and Telegraph Cove) or transiting Johnstone Strait, this is a great place to get off the Strait, and take a break. Easy access and good protection. Not all the services that are usually available, but it has to stay open this year, to enable it to continue and grow. This is a recovery year. It would be great to provide support and see some beautiful country.

Also, the previous hassles that have been going on with an across the bay neighbor appear to have ceased. That is good news too.

Link to the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/portharveymarine/

Link to the Port Harvey Blog
http://portharvey.blogspot.com/

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone heading for the Broughtons, Campbell River or northerly side of Desolation, Port Harvey is a great location to get off Johnston Strait, and it is still close, to lots of great stuff. Frequent Orca sighting, good anchorages, the ride through Chatham Pass and Lagoon Cove for fuel and Ice cream.

The important part is that Port Harvey Marine Resort will be open this summer, and this summer will determine IF for the future.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my way up to Thetis Island a couple weeks ago I had a chance to talk with a Camino 31, "Opus V". I thought I recognized them from Port Harvey. They knew George Cambridge, and had him mentioned in their log. Had good thing s to say about him and Port Harvey.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: