The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/05 - 03/07 - Hontoon Island, Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joyce and I want to thank everyone who helped make the 6th annual Hontoon Island Gathering the best ever. And I mean EVERYONE! The only minor complaint I had was that all the volunteer jobs were taken. Isn’t that fantastic. The park staff is always informing me how great our group is, no mess, no fuss and no problems.

Our group, through the Clow auction, 50 50 drawings (which both winners donated their winnings back to the park) and all money donated for meals after expenses came to $1,215.00. We are working with the park manager to find a suitable project to fund. The project will be a memorial to our departed friend Hank Clow. More on this later.

I also want to thank David Marchand and Dr. Bob for the exceptional presentations. The visitor center was filled to capacity with interested C-Brats.

The boat gadget contest was a big hit again with a tie between Rosanne Smith and Bill Smith. One entered a flower vase and one had the new HD thermacell base. I’ll let you guess who entered what.

While we are on our way to Jacksonville, we are already planning for next year. If you haven’t been on the St John’s River yet, put it on your list of things to do.

God bless all our C-Dory family.

Tom and Joyce

PS .....Pat and Kathy, we are calling you our House Boat honeys! I promise to share the cookies Wink Wink

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful time! Congrats to all!

Here is a photo album if anyone wishes to share some pictures. I apologize for not getting it set up sooner.

rcnight

City/Region: Crystal River
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Hontoon Gathering Reply with quote

Hey C-Brats: just wanted to say thanks for being so open to soon-to-be newbies. What a great group. Everyone was so helpful and informative. Special thanks to those that welcomed us on their boats and shared their stories. Looking forward to cruising with you in the near future. Casey & Teresa McKnight
Larry K

City/Region: Port Huron, MI
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Odyssey
Photos: The Odyssey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thank you to Tom & Joyce for another great gathering. Wendy an I have been to all sex gathering and they just keep getting better every year. Sorry we can’t be with all going to Jackson. When we were In Jacksonville we ate at a place called Clark’s fish camp on Julington Creek. This probably the most interesting restraint we ever ate at. Hope you all can stop there. We went by our C-Dory
Larry K C-Brat #150
The Odyssey
little wing

City/Region: Oakland
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Toots
Photos: Toots
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what I've been missing?
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just waiting for the photos.........?

Joe. Laughing Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Wild times down in Florida!

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try uploading some photos when we get to free wireless. Larry, all "sex" gathering? I missed that one. Tom, you holding some secret stuff after hours? Mr. Green Ok, this is definitely a family affair. (Sorry about making fun of your typo Larry!) And I think maybe that restaurant you mentioned is the one Tom is leading us to tomorrow. Oh, Pat and Kathy, just wanted to let you know, Tom did share the cookies tonight. There was just enough for each of us, a dozen even. Mr. Green (Ok, there might have been more than that in the bag he passed around...)
Gulfcoastjohn

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: CAT 'O MINE
Photos: CAT 'O MINE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: everglades Reply with quote

Greetings from the edge of the Everglades!

Sunny and 87 degrees here today ( and most of the last 5 days), so we are not anchoring out in the 10,000 islands and Everglades as planned.
Calusa Island Marina is very nice with air conditioned restrooms, showers and laundry, ramp that can float a TomCat at any tide other than dead low, and any-size trailer storage for $10/day, transient rate @ $2/ft.

C-Otter shows us way more wildlife every year on their St John’s adventures.
We rented a 2-person canoe today at Seminole-Collier State Park to venture down the remote part of the Blackwater river. We saw a single Ibus, a small gator, and heard some Osprey kids but never saw their nest. Lots of mullet jumping.

Overall, very disappointing compared to what I remembered about wildlife in the Everglades as a kid.

On the other hand, 85 degree weather is available to you in no more than a 6 day drive at a leisurely 500 miles per day…so what are you waiting for?

John

Red Knot

City/Region: SOBX
State or Province: NC
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: everglades Reply with quote

Gulfcoastjohn wrote:
Greetings from the edge of the Everglades!

Sunny and 87 degrees here today ( and most of the last 5 days), so we are not anchoring out in the 10,000 islands and Everglades as planned.
Calusa Island Marina is very nice with air conditioned restrooms, showers and laundry, ramp that can float a TomCat at any tide other than dead low, and any-size trailer storage for $10/day, transient rate @ $2/ft.

C-Otter shows us way more wildlife every year on their St John’s adventures.
We rented a 2-person canoe today at Seminole-Collier State Park to venture down the remote part of the Blackwater river. We saw a single Ibus, a small gator, and heard some Osprey kids but never saw their nest. Lots of mullet jumping.

Overall, very disappointing compared to what I remembered about wildlife in the Everglades as a kid.

On the other hand, 85 degree weather is available to you in no more than a 6 day drive at a leisurely 500 miles per day…so what are you waiting for?

John

Its been a long time since I have been down that way. But there was tons of wildlife back in the 80s for sure. I cannot recall the channel down that way where you go thru some pretty protected waters and there was platform campsites available. Are you familiar with that area? I am having an brain freeze right now.
Gulfcoastjohn

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: CAT 'O MINE
Photos: CAT 'O MINE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info on the 99 mile long Wilderness Waterway and 'chickee' camping platforms is here:

https://www.nps.gov/ever/upload/Wilderness_Trip_Planner_2009.pdf

Mainly an under 18 ft vessel adventure (plan on pulling your canoe through The Nightmare at lower tides or avoid it). The larger rivers are deep enough for larger boats east to where depths stop being charted.
Cheeers!
John
colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that want the dates on their calendar for next years St. John's Gathering, March 3-5th, 2020, is what Tom shared with us. We had a great cruise up to Jacksonville. Mystery Girl and Midnight Flyer went a little bit farther to dip their outboards in the Atlantic. Today, the Midnight Flyer and Tully B cruised a long day trip back to Hontoon Island, while C-Otter, Lil Joe, Thataway, Calm-C and Mystery Girl started their way back much more slowly, stopping at Doctors Lake. Sadly, this great excursion and social event for us, will come to an end this weekend, as we load up Midnight Flyer and head back home to the cold Midwest! I've got a lot of photos to sort through, and still have not been able to access free wireless. I'll work on uploading photos to the thread's album when I have some time to do it, and not on limited data. Tyboo Mike, has anyone discovered a way to gang upload photos yet? Colby
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great sounding gathering. Colby Thanks for passing the next years dates already. I just put them into my phone. Maybe,,, I hope so.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thataway, Mystery Girl and C-Otter are still out exploring the St. John’s River. Anchored behind the Seven Sisters Islands last night and off to Dunn’s Creek and Crescent Lake today. Plan on going to Bull Creek campground on the Dead Lake. So much to experience cruising this area. Plan on allowing extra time to explore before or after the gathering.

I’m looking forward to a good fish dinner tonight.....Tom 🐟
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to start uploading photos to this thread's photo album. Getting late, and on Flying J wireless, so I probably won't get many done. But should be home Tuesday evening, then during the rest of the week, I'll upload a bunch. Enjoy. This is a great gathering. BTW, the official gathering is only 3 days. It's the unofficial cruising before and long after that makes it what it is! Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: