HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SPOOKY C-DORY PHOTO.....NOW...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: SPOOKY C-DORY PHOTO.....NOW... Reply with quote

Shocked Well, cruising the photo albums of our current 19 Angler owners having just purchased my 3rd C-Dory, a vintage flat bottom 1985 18'Angler...and was cruising pics to see what the nearest boat built today, the 19'Angler owners had done to gain insight and information.

Follow this... Hit the "Our C-Dorys" link, sort by model, scroll down to the 1st 19Angler listed, which are folks I met at the 2004 Blakely Gathering... Ruth and Joe on "R-Matey".... now go to their photos, page 3, picture #2.

Here is the spooky part. Date: 19Jul03...which is about the date of when Les and I made the deal on Dusty's then C-Salt.... Now, look at the picture real close....and there is Dusty pulling in C-Salt next to R-Matey slip.

I bought C-Salt, now FreeByrd. The 1st west coast gathering I made other than the SBS/Factory gathering was the 2004 Blakely Gathering where I met Joe and Ruth. On our way back at the end of the 04 gathering, Roger on SENSIE called Dusty and we met each other on the docks accross from EQ at this gathering.....

And....with this being my 3rd C-Dory.... have been accused of having a little "Dusty in my blood"...due to my love for these boats.

Truly looking forward to refurbishing the 85 Angler.

Joe & Ruth....hope to see yall again at the SBS gathering...and would love a print copy of that pic.

Dusty: Truly hope you can make it down....and I know it would be a blast to sit about with you and one of your old shipmates from days gone buy.

Roger, Lizbeth, Pat-n-Patty-n-Oscar....thanks for making that gathering possible for me.

See Yall who can make it in Jan at the SBS & Gatherings.

Byrdman.... picking the name for the CD-18A.... and leaning towards
C-Byrd... thoughts from the Brats??
El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tale -- and we sure like the name, C-Byrd. Congrats on the new boat --
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on another C Dory Mr. Byrdman!

I'm hoping to make the SBS -- so many friends I'd love to chat with. Our C-Brat group is something special, but you know that. Of course old Dusterman just listens - never any BS Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes.

Dusty
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, right Dusty. Most of our "sea stories" start out, "This is no sh__!!" But it probably is...

Byrdman, great name C-Byrd! You're welcome to sit with Dusty and I anytime, gotta work on getting him down there.... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I'm going to try to work it that I go pick him up on Friday, have him spend a night or two down with us for all the festivities and then take him home again.

My admiral gave me my liberty card for the whole weekend, we used to call it a "96", at least back when we had liberty cards. Don't have them any more of course, that would be too restrictive.... Used to loose them regularly for my bad boys, they just never seemed to be able to get off the ship to get in trouble.... Of course, the "snipes" were always in trouble....
Smile
Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: SPOOKY C-DORY PHOTO.....NOW... Reply with quote

[quote="Byrdman"]Shocked

Follow this... Hit the "Our C-Dorys" link, sort by model, scroll down to the 1st 19Angler listed, which are folks I met at the 2004 Blakely Gathering... Ruth and Joe on "R-Matey".... now go to their photos, page 3, picture #2.

Here is the spooky part. Date: 19Jul03...which is about the date of when Les and I made the deal on Dusty's then C-Salt.... Now, look at the picture real close....and there is Dusty pulling in C-Salt next to R-Matey slip.

Joe & Ruth....hope to see yall again at the SBS gathering...and would love a print copy of that pic.

Byrdman, I remember that first trip to Blakely (2003) like it was yesterday. What a beautiful day. Looking forward to seeing you at the SBS and will bring you a copy of that photo.

Ruth
R-Matey
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Ruth. See ya there.

Byrdman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: