The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Hello

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rcasada

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: MO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Just found this forum and excited to find a group that may be able to assist me. My wife and I have been looking at several C-Dory 25 models. We are thinking of purchasing a pocket trawler for the loop, Bahamas, and general fun. I am looking for opinions on smaller rigs like this for two adults to travel. I understand that this is subjective from individual to individual so I guess what I am looking for are people with experience using these boats for this purpose and what they have found as pros and cons. We would like to think we could use it as a live aboard for several weeks at a time, with pit stops along the way.
We love the idea of the boat being transportable for all the obvious reasons; we are curious if those that have traveled in a pocket trawler/cruiser found it was as fun as I think it sounds.
Thanks for all your help in advance , Rick.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rcasada, Hi and Welcome to C-BRATS. OK, so I don't have a 25, and I don't have a wife, so maybe I'm not qualified, or maybe, Since I have spent nearly 3 consecutive months on my boat (a 22 Cruiser), and spend most of my boat time on overnight cruising, 3-4 nights minimum, and have had my 22 for 13 years, I might be qualified to recommend the brand, and the cruising lifestyle.

There are several couples active here on the site who have 25's, and have done some long cruising (like the Great Loop), and I'm sure you will hear from them.

The C-Dorys are quite economical, stable, and the best part is they are trailerable. Do Alaska in the summer, Lake Powell in the fall, Florida in the winter, Trailer to the PNW for the Friday harbor CBGT (C-Brat Get Together) in May and then ..... Repeat.

Right no on the list there are several 25's available at various prices and in different areas of the country. It is not unusual for a bot to be purchased away from the new owners Zip Code or even in the same state.

Best to you in your new Venture (26) or whichever you chose.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Rcasada

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: MO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. I really like
The idea of being trailerable. Marina fees for a
Small cat in Florida add up to 5k a year. That’s a lot of fuel, maint, and groceries. The 25 seems to be a reasonable size for my wife and I. Traveling to purchase is not an issue due to the trailering aspect. Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

If you are serious, go look at the last boat on E bay mentioned: click here. It's in New Jersey and I would suggest acting today or tomorrow.

I didn't interpret the Springfield MO and thought you were closer--so you are a bit further than I thought...but still worth flying up to see ASAP, if not already sold.

It is that good a buy. I am sending my phone # via a PM and E-mail so you can talk to someone who has owned two of the 25's (3 if you want to include my son's cruises-ship 25) and spent a number of month's aboard. Also read Daydream's loop blog--

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
JMacLeod

City/Region: Stuart
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C-Shalom
Photos: JMacLeod
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello Reply with quote

Welcome Rick!

The wife and I had the same goals, loop, Bahamas, and general fun when we started looking too.
We looked at several different cuddy cabins and small cruisers before deciding on the C-Dory Tomcat.

I had a '69 VW camper van back in my 20's, and the cabin of the 25 and 255 Tomcat brings back a lot of fond and familiar memories.
Luckily the wife is completely enamored with the "Tiny House" shows and likes camping too so this venture should land squarely in the middle of both of our definitions of Fun. Very Happy

We're still just starting to outfit the boat and learning to be boaters, but maybe we'll be ready to join you by the time you find your new boat and head to the Bahamas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: