Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fla Beachbum

City/Region: Flagler Beach
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Photos: Fla Beachbum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: 16 ft Cruiser wanted SE US Reply with quote

WOW so hard to find. Looking for a 16 foot cdory cruiser. Willing to travel for the right one. Please if you know of one for sale PLEASE send me an email. Thanks in advance Joe and Christa
Fla Beachbum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have convinced the boss that it no longer has to be a Cruiser. Angler would work fine for our needs as well. Please don't hesitate to email me with any info Thanks Joe
Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you’ll like the angler a bit more. More cockpit space, and better balance w/weight further fwd.
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions vary, but keep looking for the cruiser. Smoother ride with more weight forward and seats further back. Better balance means not as much slamming at speed. Additional benefits are sleeping possibilities (even for a nap) and, a table for eating.

Mark
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fla Beachbum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your input. I haven't been able to find anything, now I might start looking at 19 footers. I need help here there has to be a 16 footer for sale somewhere other then Canada. I like Canada but thats just to far. Tks Joe
Fla Beachbum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTT still LOOKING Sad
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? You think that you are going to find the perfect C Dory in 4 days? I've been looking for the perfect boat for decades. "Perfect" changes about every two years, which makes the task even more difficult. Within that two year window, I'm lucky to find 2 or 3 possible candidates.

Finding the right boat is only slightly less difficult than finding the right wife, unless you are also willing to change them every few years. And changing wives every few years is the only thing that is more expensive than boat ownership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JMacLeod

City/Region: Stuart
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C-Shalom
Photos: JMacLeod
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco Flamingo wrote:
What? You think that you are going to find the perfect C Dory in 4 days? I've been looking for the perfect boat for decades. "Perfect" changes about every two years, which makes the task even more difficult. Within that two year window, I'm lucky to find 2 or 3 possible candidates.

Finding the right boat is only slightly less difficult than finding the right wife, unless you are also willing to change them every few years. And changing wives every few years is the only thing that is more expensive than boat ownership.

You're killin' me. LOL Laughing

We spent a few months (and more than a few thousand on surveys) looking at every used model in the northern hemisphere before finally giving up and taking the 2018 boat off the local dealer's hands.

I know if I kept on the hunt for a year or two, the "perfect" C-Dory would eventually come on the market at less than half the price I paid, but I'm certainly not getting any younger, and at this point in my own story, time spent making family memories outweighs the bank account savings.
Everyone else's story is unique to them, and I hope the OP gets a happy ending to their C-Dory story.
I've seen more than one nice 14, 16, and 19 come and go in the last few months.
Have patience and keep the faith.
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe and Christa, don't be discouraged in your search for the right C-Dory. It will probably take quite some time for you to find the right boat for your boating needs. The more boats you look at and the more research you do will only help to make the right decision on your purchase and the accessories on it which you choose. Take your time. Time will be your friend on this major purchase.
BuildItOnce

City/Region: Poulsbo
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Puzzle Piece
Photos: Puzzle Piece
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fla Beachbum wrote:
I have convinced the boss that it no longer has to be a Cruiser. Angler would work fine for our needs as well. Please don't hesitate to email me with any info Thanks Joe

Here's one in Southern Oregon:

https://portland.craigslist.org/nco/boa/d/new-price-16-dory-angler/6693705603.html
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportcraft Marina in Portland OR has a 2009 cruiser, fully equipped and in great shape. I have bought two 16 footers from them and know they are professional and easy to deal with.

"...we're all in the same boat..."
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe. I was at Sportcraft Marina in Portland Oregon today and looked at a real nice 2006 C-Dory 19 Angler. It has new Honda 50 twins on it and is in excellent condition. Last year Tim set things up for us to see it at the owners house because he was thinking of selling it at that time. Now Tim has it up for sale inside the Showroom Floor at Sportcraft. I walked through the boat again and looked over the hull and I can say it is definately in excellent condition and should sell soon. We did not buy in back in 2017 because we were leaning towards the 23. They have a 2009 C-Dory Cruiser that is in equally great shape but you loose 12 inches in deck space and 12 inches in beam but there is nothing wrong with the 16's because they are a great boat too. Even though the asking price for the 19 is 15K more than the 16 it would be money well spent. I have also found that the 19 Anglers are hard to come by and if one ever does go up on the market it sells almost immediately.
Hope this helps Joe in your search for a good C-Dory. Sportcraft Marina is a great place to buy a C-Dory and have it serviced. We bought our new 23 Venture from Tim and I cannot say enough good about Tim and Sportcraft Marina.
Gary and Colleen
Fla Beachbum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW thanks for all your input. I'm slowly narrowing our choices down, alot easier with your help. I will purchase a C-Dory 16 from the west coast. When you think its all done and sit back, OH NO its time to find a transporter I can see the light thru the wave. We are getting close to the fun part enjoying our new boat. This search did not start when I joined C-Brats its been a year since we saw this boat close to home. These 16 foot boats are rear in Fla and I think that is what made this fun. It's all about the fine.. Thanks Joe and Christa Please keep the info coming there's always going to be one more C-Dory to LOOK at.....
mike shotwell
Dealer

City/Region: crystal river
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: 16' Cruiser in Florida Reply with quote

Hello ,
Three Rivers Marine in Crystal River Fl. has a new 2018 16' Cruiser available.

Fla Beachbum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found one but still looking for RIGHT one. What do you have ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: