Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer, guys, but work does that sometimes. As much as I never want to end a trip, haul out, head home and prepare for work, I'm grateful I have a job I like and makes this experience possible.

I'd like to encourage anyone reading this thread and considering Sucia this weekend to motor on up. What's cool about these gatherings is the fellowship. We find we have a lot to share, and fast friendships are formed.
Cocktail
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this on? whos going? roll call time.
MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still hoping to be there. Coming down with something but as long as it's not significantly worse by this afternoon I'll head out this evening. I may be quarantined to the boat though! Looking at the posts above sounds like a few others still planning to go...Brock, Harvey, Missynme...
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhaaaa! Yipee skippy. My first real post from on the boat. OK, well, not exactly on the boat now, it is down on the water at Dock 2, Fossil Bay, on Sucia. I'm up in the group house on shore, watching the sun come up over the bay. There are 2 other boats here, Ospray (Andy), and MikeR - is over on Dock 1. Any body coming in, try for Dock 2, the farther one into the bay.

The water has been great, the winds are running a steady 5-7 out of the north. That comes in over the gap and keeps the mosquitoes away.

Brock, thanks for the good weather wishes on the Strait of Juan. It worked, and the full moon was a plus.

Hope we see a few more of you. If I see you approaching the dock I will turn on the handheld, VHF 16.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alll Right!!!!!!!!!!!.. Super weekend, Great bunch of guys on the dock and even some rock n roll too. A couple of absolutely spectacular Sucia sunsets, some great hiking, lot's of photo ops, and plenty of visiting, both with previous friends and making new, C-Dory and otherwise.

We had 4 CD 22 Cruisers, a Venture 23, and a TC 24 on the dock. One new, first timer to CBGT, Roger on Missy, and another serendipitous landing was Bill from Olympia on Stimpy, the TC24.

I made it home Sunday, fueling at Friday Harbor and saw (on the AIS) a vessel coming into FH via Cattle Pass so contacted them on VHF for a report on Juan de Fuca. After learning it was flat water and calm winds I scooted. I have rarely seen the Strait of Juan as flat silvery and quiet. I hope everyone had as nice a return trip as that.

Hope MikeR is feeling better and Broch, I messed up -- didn't lookup your boat name and would up talking to the National Geographic Cruise ship, Seabird. Andy, thanks for the update and hope your return is good today too. Sure wish I knew if Janine, the gal on the sailboat made it off and home OK. Talk about guts and gumption. Hope that makes up for lack of experience and know-how for the rest of her trip.

Sorry Bret Peter and Tom and all the rest of you didn't make it. We could have filled up the whole dock, but sure glad that 55ft Bayliner was out in front of us Saturday. B-Boats that size make nice breakwaters.

Thanks Bret for posting the notion, and thanks to all who made the effort. Ahh let's see, $81 dollars for gas for a week on the boat and all those great memories. Gotta be worth that.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MkeR did this photo. It is from his album.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got home late afternoon today after a surprisingly calm cruise from Sucia to Friday Harbor to Twin Bridges yesterday. We had a quaint gathering of five boats on a sometimes rainy, other times windy weekend. Very nice to see and spend some time with Andy, Roger, Harvey and Mike at one of my favorite places.

This was one time I appreciated an oversized hulk consuming the end of the dock. It acted as a breakwater Saturday and Saturday night, as wind from the northeast churned up Fossil Bay. Friday night, by contrast, was calm and clear, affording superior moon and stargazing.

I buzzed into Friday Harbor for fuel Sunday at about 12:15 p.m. and saw Osprey on the outer dock. Andy might have been uptown. And Harvey, I thought of you when I headed south through Cattle Pass and heard wind was calm at Smith Island. I figured by then you'd made it safely across the Strait, likely on some pretty cooperative water. At any rate, very nice to see all of you, and thanks for the fun and fellowship. Incidentally, I hit 312 engine hours on this outing.
Cat
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock, great to hear you had a good trip out as well. I hope everyone made it out yesterday or today (Monday) as Tues looks to be getting bumpy again. I tried to call you but got the National Geographic boat SeaBird instead. I didn't try on 68, Sorry Wink

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back an email from Capn Charlie. I had ordered his new CD "So many Islands" before I left and he emailed to let me know it was in the mail. Here is part of his note:

"Let me know how you like So Many Islands. The most popular cut on that CD turned out to be “Big Bad Bayliner.” Who’d have thunk it?"

I sent him the story of our Bayliner wind break on Dock 2 at Fossil Bay.

see Capn Charlie's music here.:

http://www.capncharlie.com/music.html

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
C-Dory Year: 2016
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite fighting a cold, and not being good company, I had fun this weekend at Sucia. It was great to see Harvey, Andy, Roger, Brock, meet some new folks on the 24 TC and other boats, and do some hiking on the island. Water was flat calm cruising both directions, we timed it perfectly as Saturday was blown out with nobody coming or going, even the "yachts" seeking shelter in Fossil and Shallow bays. Return trip Sunday was like crossing a duck pond. Already looking forward to the next one! And I finally uploaded the rest of my photos in the album over on the left <--
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe and I left Cap Sante Saturday heading to Sucia in Joe’s brand new 25. The wind was out of the NE at about 20-25. We made it as far as Pea Pods but it was just to rough. Sorry we missed all of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: