View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: August 21st shrimp. Reply with quote

So WDFW is opening hood canal for two days of shrimping and upping the limit to 100 each. So where would be a good place to stay on the boat over there? I have never boated that area and dont know were to stay if I decided to go over there.

Hood Canal shrimp fishery to open for two more days

OLYMPIA – Recreational shrimp fishers will get two consecutive days to harvest spot shrimp on Hood Canal, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) announced today.

Hood Canal (Marine Area 12) will open to recreational shrimp fishing from noon to 4 p.m. on Aug. 21 and 22. In addition, the daily catch limit will be increased to 100 shrimp per person from the typical 80 shrimp per person for these two days in Hood Canal.

Earlier this summer, the Hood Canal area was open for seven days for recreational harvest but roughly 19,000 pounds of quota remain, said Don Rothaus, WDFW shellfish biologist.

“This is a great opportunity for shrimp harvesters to enjoy some time on the water,” Rothaus said. “We don’t typically get many late-season openings in Hood Canal like this.”

Rothaus noted that the northern and southern areas of Hood Canal have yielded the best catches this season. The central section of the canal hasn’t been as productive as in previous seasons.

The only Puget Sound waters currently open to spot shrimp harvest are Marine Areas 4 east of the Bonilla-Tatoosh line and Marine Area 5 (western Strait of Juan de Fuca).

More information on the seasons and rules for spot shrimp and non-spot shrimp is available online at https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/shellfish/shrimp/.

C-Dawg

City/Region: Spanaway
Photos: C-Dawg
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasant Harbor is a nice marina with a WDFW launch right next to it.

If you want a place to sit on the hook overnight, look at Dabob Bay. There's a spit on the west side that has some good anchorage behind it, I think. There is some good shrimping in that area, as well.

C-Dawg sold November 2018
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that reply. I will look up that area. its part of the sound I have never boated before. Anyone else going?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: