View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedromo

City/Region: Oxnard
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1989
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Casa
Photos: C-Casa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Launching and berthing near Astoria Reply with quote

Hello guys, I have searched but haven't found any clear information on a location to launch and keep the truck and trailer for a couple of days in Astoria. I’m assuming the East end marina is the preferred place to dock, while afloat????. We like colorful restaurants...

Am I better off launching near Portland and crusing down river for a couple of days. If so, where would you suggest we launch and store the rig?

I look forward to your replies
Pedro
C-Casa
22 ft Cruiser
AstoriaDave

City/Region: Astoria
State or Province: OR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro, I believe the East End lot is day use only. Check here: Office: 503-741-3300 (Toll free in Oregon: 800-860-4093) That number should also have info on availability and rates for the area near the West End Marina. No ramp at the West End. A long walk along the Riverwalk, or a taxi ride.

Contact info re: East End Basin: https://www.portofastoria.com/East_Basin_Marina.aspx

Special rules/rates may apply during the Buoy 10 season.

Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola Pedro,

Up river in the little town of Cathlamet, WA is a nice little marina. Not too far from Astoria. The CBrats used to have get togethers (CBGTs) there in the past.

Steve

Wandering Sagebrush

City/Region: Northeast Oregon
Vessel Name: Constant Craving
Photos: Constant Craving
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops... dup
AstoriaDave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Sagebrush wrote:
Hola Pedro, Up river in the little town of Cathlamet, WA is a nice little marina. Not too far from Astoria. The CBrats used to have get togethers (CBGTs) there in the past.
Second that. Straightforward run to Astoria. Very friendly folks at the marina, probably less crowded than the scene in Astoria.

Restaurants in Astoria we favor: Bridgewater Bistro for the food and the view of the river, bridge etc. A bit spendy. Urban Cafe for informal atmosphere, right downtown, lesser cost than the BWB. Labor Temple for ample breakfasts, moderate cost in a serious tavern/pub atmosphere. Any of the brewpubs would be a good choice, with flagship Fort George the tops for great beer, good pub food downstairs, superb pizza out of the wood fired pizza oven. Street 14 for a more chic atmosphere. Scorcher for vegetarian fare, killer bread , other baked goods. Best and least expensive coffee at 3 Cups, under the big bridge on Marine Drive. Cross the causeway on 101 to El Catrin in the first minimall for best Mexican food in the county. Chorizo burrito a must.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, There used to be a good fish and chips place, a trailer (if I remember correctly) near a parking lot, I think not far from the Coast Guard Museum. Am I anywhere close, is it still there --- where?

Pedro, Welcome. I would second the Cathlamet sugestion, and it is a nice ride down to Astoria from there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

AstoriaDave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardee, the F and C place you are thinking of is the Bowpicker, so named because the owners converted an old gill net boat into a fish frying wonder. A block south of the Columbia River Maritime Museum, 17th and Marine Drive. Very popular, with a line half a block long, sometimes more.

There is one in a purpose-built trailer, open just 6 months, out at Miles Crossing on old 101. Enola's Ship Out, also very good F and C, a play on the shuttered Ship Inn, Second and Marine Drive, on the waterfront. Similar menu, same beer battered fish. Enola worked at the Ship Inn, many years.
Pedromo

City/Region: Oxnard
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: C-Casa
Photos: C-Casa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You guys for the great advise. I will go to Cathlamet and explore the sights and sounds from there. If things go according to plan, we should be i the area August 23 or 24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: