The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Sea star steering control kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan McNally

City/Region: Bothell
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Shannon- Colleen
Photos: Shannon-Colleen
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Sea star steering control kit Reply with quote

With the help of a couple of videos on you tube for confidence I replaced the seals. It was straightforward with no puller needed, and no more leaks. It only took about an hour from start to finish. The biggest pain was bleeding the lines of air.
Now I will install the new chart plotter and do some much needed boating.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the seals on my SeaStar this year. No big deal. The new ends have even more holes for the supplied wrench than the old ones which makes it easier to put them on. There is a good video on YouTube about bleeding the cylinder which involves running the return up to an open reservoir at the helm. Other than having to run a return hose up to the helm this is the best way to do it.

Once it is rigged up just block the cylinder like for normal bleeding, open the valve and then just turn the helm until no more bubbles come back to the reservoir. Repeat for the other direction. Since it is a loop you can just keep turning until you get all the fluid through once. Way easier than having to open and close the bleed valve as you move the helm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Motor Control Systems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: