Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Wallas problem. Reply with quote

My Wallas is a year and a half old with no problems, that is until I ran out of fuel. zI wanted to use it up and didn't realize I was down to the bottom. When I refilled, the pump apparently will not pull the fuel up the line. The guy at Scan Marine told me to cycle it a few times, but that didn't change anything.

Next he says to take the line off the pump to see if the fuel comes through (should be quite a stinky mess if it does), and if that doesn't work, to further disassemble up to the injector and run a file through it to clean it.

All this seems like a huge amount of crap to wade through to get the stove to work.

Any of you folks out there with the practical experience have any advice (other than don't run out of fuel!)? Doing what he is advising will mean having to lift the unit out of the cabinet, which is complicated. Really no room to work underneath.

Dave
terraplane

City/Region: chesapeake bay
C-Dory Model: R-25 Tug
Vessel Name: BANJO
Photos: Sally's Sister
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: klean heat Reply with quote

I'm just through my first winter with my 22. I used the Wallas constantly, since i keep the boat in a slip, and use it a lot...often i just drive down to the boat, kick on the Wallas, and hang out there..The Wallas has been trouble free, and i like the Klean Heat. For me , after reading all the threads..i keep the fuel topped off, burn it at high when starting and when cooling down. I've had no maintenance problems, though if i do, i'd be lost as to what to do. But, so far, so good.

tom/terraplane
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Wallas problem. Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
drjohn71a

City/Region: Wichita
State or Province: KS
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Tom-a-Hawk
Photos: Tom-a-Hawk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was quite a long thread on the old C-DOG archive site about fixing and cleaning these units. They even had good pics of the breakdown to clean and problems putting it back together.

I think someone even said that it is good to use the less refined fuels now and then to provide lubrication to some of the parts. They said using Keen Heat all the time might not lube some parts, if I am remembering correctly.
John

Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Wallas pump Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try that.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: