The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2004 C-Dory 22 Commuter Model $32,500 Houston, Texas

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsimmons248

City/Region: Houston
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: jsimmons248 (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: 2004 C-Dory 22 Commuter Model $32,500 Houston, Texas Reply with quote

The Commuter Model has forward seating for the skipper and one passenger with bench seats along the sides behind each. Sunbrella covering on all cushions. Bench seating on each side has huge storage capacity underneath with a heavy duty hatch on the top openings.
History: I believe the boat was used for offshore fishing off the California coast by the original owner. It has been in freshwater for the 5 years I have owned it and perhaps two years before that.
Power: Twin Suzuki DF 40 HP engines. (Port engine 900 hours/Starboard engine 980 hours) with Permatrim hydrofoil stabilizers on each. The Permatrims make an amazing difference in the handling of the boat. Also, the twin motors add excellent directional control when docking in windy conditions.

Engine maintenance: I have no maintenance records from prior ownership of the boat but from judging the condition of the engines after I purchased it they were well taken care of. (The boat came with spare impellers, oil filters, etc.) In my 5 year ownership annual maintenance consisted of spark plug replacement (highly recommended by Suzuki mechanic}, engine oil/filter change, lower unit oil change and lubrication where indicated. In addition I have replaced the water pumps, fuel filters and water/fuel separator filters as needed. The engines start and run well and I have not had any major issues during my ownership.

Equipment:
Furuno Radar (I have not used the radar but it worked when I recently turned it on)
VHF Radio and Whip Antenna (for offshore use) I have not used but assume will work.
Garmin GSMAP 741 xs 7” Touchscreen Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter w/ transducer/Side scan and Downview sonar. (It is amazing what sonar adds to your boating experience as you check out what the bottom configuration looks like as you cruise along!)
Wash down hose and pump (new motor)
Live bait well
Side outriggers/Two rod holders on stern rail /9 rod holders on top of cabin for storage.
Boat cover.
Swim ladder.
Anchor / rode.

Trailer: Tandem axle galvanized trailer from SB Trailers mfg. in California. It has disc surge brakes and guides to help with docking.

General Comments: As the boat is a 2004 I have gone through it to replace ‘small stuff’ that was aged or needed changing out such a the horn, running lights, sump pump, wash down pump motor, washdown hose, etc..
The boat was originally set up for fishing but my wife and I really enjoy cruising around the Lake in it. We found that using collapsible chairs on the back deck worked well for us and (although we didn’t do this) the addition of a bimini or canvas cover for the back deck would really add value for cruising/camping.

We love the C-Dory and are regretfully giving it up for a pontoon boat which will better suit the needs of the family at this time.
Photos are in my album.
Reddog

City/Region: Friday Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1985
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Do you have any additional pictures of your boat?
Thanks in advance!

"No, I don't fish. Yet...."
jsimmons248

City/Region: Houston
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: jsimmons248 (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Boat Sold August 2018 Reply with quote

Boat Sold August 2018
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: