The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Can't work on the boat this morning because of newborn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Can't work on the boat this morning because of newborn Reply with quote

If it hadn't squeaked, I wouldn't have seen it. A doe came running out of the woods, so I knew that something was up. I looked around it the wild strawberries and found this little guy. And I mean little. Its hair is still matted. I'm now sitting in the house hoping that mom will come back and get him out from along side the trailer.

Mark

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Snider

City/Region: Charleston
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kestrel Dawn
Photos: Kestrel Dawn
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Happened to us Reply with quote

We were at families lake house in TN this time last year when one of the teenage girls came back from a golf cart ride holding a fawn about that size. Found it sitting beside the road. We took it back and the mom came back. Apparently it's common for them to leave their babies while they go out and do whatever is is deer do, lol. She'll be back. Heck of an excuse to no two any work, ha
nordicstallion

City/Region: Crescent City
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Model: 19 Angler
Vessel Name: Rylee Rose
Photos: Rylee Rose
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing cuter in the world than a baby, no matter the species!!! I’m in love!! No better reason to postpone work on the boat or a fishing trip. Babies...what more can I say!!!
gstraub

City/Region: Callao
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 1998
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: EnDoryFun
Photos: EnDoryFun
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too cute! We have ospreys that nest on one of our pilings at our dock. We actually put the platform up there so they would stop trying to build a nest on our sailboat. It is frustrating at times because I try to limit my trips down to the dock when they have eggs or real young chicks. They have two chicks this year (well, they had three but one didn't make it) and the minor inconvenience is worth it just to watch how the family works.
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fawn was gone by lunchtime, but this guy showed up on the patio this morning. That's my shadow with the camera. There is a stray cat in the area, so I should probably chase it so that it learns to run from everything.

Mark

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Marco Flamingo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on the path to the garage this year. That's an alder leaf behind it to give some perspective. http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album2994&id=May_31_fawn&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Some day I'm going to remember how to post pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: