The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1993 22' Cruiser, trailer bunk placement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frogman

City/Region: Forks
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: 1993 22' Cruiser, trailer bunk placement Reply with quote

Hi, I just bought a new loadrite trailer for a 1993 22' cruiser without a trailer. I'm trying to determine where the bunks should be situated. It only has one bunk on each side. Picking the boat up tomorrow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 22' Cruiser, trailer bunk placement Reply with quote

frogman wrote:
Hi, I just bought a new loadrite trailer for a 1993 22' cruiser without a trailer. I'm trying to determine where the bunks should be situated. It only has one bunk on each side. Picking the boat up tomorrow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

My trailer has 4 bunks. Two wide set at the back for the aft part of the boat and two close together at the front for the bow. The back of the boat is wide and flat. The front is narrow with a decent angle. IMO, it would be difficult to have the boat sit on only two bunks because of the hull shape.
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tandem trailer has six bunks - four 123" bunks in the rear (two close together on each side, with a wide space between the pairs) and two 60" bunks close together under the midsection. I had the trailer custom built for my '99 22' Cruiser by Charleston Trailer in Charleston, SC. They used a design which they had previously worked up specifically for this boat.

Although I could have had aluminum bunks, they recommended treated pine (covered with something similar to carpet) because they felt it would conform to the shape of the hull better that stiffer aluminum bunks. They used sort sort of isolation between the bunks and the aluminum trailer because they said the chemicals in the treated pine would otherwise react with the aluminum.

frogman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: trailer bunk placement Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, I will add more support before going on any long trips. Going trailer parts shopping.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 22 trailer came with only two bunks, and it seemed to work fine. Because I tow so much, I did add two more bunks closer to the center. Colby
frogman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: trailer bunk placement Reply with quote

Good to know colbysmith. Thank you.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, I don't think I have seen a C-Dory trailer with only 2 bunks. That would seem scary to me. Here is a pix of mine after I replaced and re covered my bunks. This is on my first (single axle, Pacific) and I have since changed to a tandem Pacific. On that one I have lowered the bunks 3 inches and it rides better, launches easier, and is easier to get on and off the boat when it is on the trailer.

BTW, both of these trailers had 4 bunks, the 2 shorter ones outer and aft and the long ones center. All four line up to end right under the transom.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Harvey. The Ez-Loader bunk trailers only came with two bunks.
A Fishin C

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two bunks on my trailer is perfect. I think they are 12 feet. The boat transom should sit one inch over hang off the back of the bunks. See my picks. Trailer needs to be minimum 25 feet long. Adjust bunks so boat level on trailer. Adjust winch post for bat situation. Adjust winch so that the boat eye and strap are under the winch post roller. And you need the side bunk guides the longer and higher the better.
frogman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: trailer bunk placement Reply with quote

Copy all, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: