View previous topic :: View next topic  
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Dowds and Heron Reply with quote

Yosef wrote:
I guess this is my official "joining" of y'all C-Brats.

I'm Joe Dowd and my wife is Diane.

Hi Joe and Diane. Welcome to C-Brats. So glad that you are a part of the family here. I am glad that Jody was able to tell you that your hull is number 355 as far as sequence of boats built at that time.

To answer another question you had, we have a Norcold 12 volt refrigerator in our C-Dory that is a 2017 model with our new boat build. It has been a good unit and we are pleased with its use thus far.

Congratulations on the purchase of your 22 Cruiser. Colleen (my wife) and I will be heading up the annual 2024 C-Brats Friday Harbor gathering again this year. If there is any chance you could attend, that would be great. PM if you have any question about the gathering and we would be happy to help you on that. Gary

Primrose44

City/Region: Nairobi
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be part of the team. Many thanks for the warm welcome!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe and Diane, Welcome aboard. I owned a 1993 C Dory 22. However there were changes each year or occasionally each boat. Mine also had the ice box, good as a dry storage compartment. You may have to get the dimensions of the cabinet and then go to Norcold or other ref. manufactures web site. It will be a small refrigerator. Many of us choose to use one of the chest type units which can be a refrigerator or a freezer.

Curt, also welcome aboard (and a Woof to Daisy from Gigi, the miniature poodle.) We always include our dogs in our boating adventures. We are located a few miles up Perdido Bay (which is between Florida and Alabama and have a dock and place for both skippers and boat dogs if you do the loop. We had a loopers C dory on our boat lift for the last 2 months, while the crew traveled to see family.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Erdem

City/Region: San Carlos
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Octopus
Photos: Octopus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Introducing myself Reply with quote

Hello C-Brats,

My Name is Erdem Bircan. I am a long-time lurker. I decided to finally introduce myself since I am hoping to join the 20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza in April.

I decided to buy a 22 Cruiser after scouring C-Brats website for the wealth of information it has. This was very valuable to me as I had no boating experience other than kayak fishing/diving. I bought a 2003 22 Cruiser whose previous owner was gracious enough to show me how to run and dock the boat. Following a not-so-short span of silly rookie mistakes and close calls, I now consider myself semi-competent on my boat. My gratitude to C-Brats site contributors for my education here.

I still shy away from launching the boat in forecasts over two-digit wind speed. As most of you know, wind comes up after 12:00pm in San Francisco Bay, especially in the summers. Considering the amount of work involved in launching, retrieving and washing the boat and trailer only for a few hours on the water, my enthusiasm has diminished over the years. As a result, my days on the water are limited.

I am hoping to revive my enthusiasm for boating by joining and hopefully actively participating in C-Brats community.

Erdem
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erdem, Welcome aboard! The Delta trip is one of the crown jewels of the C Dory gatherings. Any trip by Jim and Kat is fantastic, but this one is very special.

You have a great boating area--and a real choice of places to go. Is it possible to get a slip on at least a part time basis--perhpas in the Delta, vs down closer to the main San Francisco Bay? There are some very good ramps in the Delta. One of the times I did the the Delta trip, I launched my C Dory 25, solo, with a 30' RV--so that stacks the odds against me--at Brannan Island State Recreation Area. It is on the opposite side of the river from Rio Vista and the Marina where most of the gathering's boats are launched. I was able to park my rig near a campground host and it was perfectly safe. (This was a few years ago--so regulations might have changed.). After launching, I went up River to the marina and rented a slip for the night before the beginning of the cruise. Enjoy. Perfect area for the C Dory!
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, thanks for checking in. It's great to add you to the many hundreds of other C-Dory enthusiasts on this site. I enjoyed looking at the photos of your boat. I think the wood touches add a rare degree of old-style warmth and charm.
BTW, my water tank is 20 gallons on my 2017 23'. I'm going to make a point of looking for you and your wife next year at Friday Harbor!

BigSwede Steve, good to have you on board as well. Keep us posted regarding your Great Lake escapes.
And hello to Erdem, too!
Erdem

City/Region: San Carlos
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Octopus
Photos: Octopus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been wanting to explore the Delta area for some time. Joining the 20th Annual Delta and Bay Extravaganza will allow me to get my feet wet, pun intended, in this endeavor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: