Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeWa

City/Region: Snohomish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I never would have thought of going to a meetup without a boat - we'll see if we can head up to Friday Harbor in May to meet some folks. We appreciate the warm welcome!
upanchor

City/Region: Down east
State or Province: ME
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: New to website - Excited about C-boats Reply with quote

Hello all,

We've been walking by a 19 Angler parked in a yard here in Florida all winter and finally caught up with the owner, to ask if she is for sale.

Turns out she is ! The owner gave us a good history lesson on C-Dory as well as telling us about this site. We really like the style of the boat and think it will be perfect for the waters of Down East Maine.

Hoping to learn some more from you all as we consider this fine vessel.

Sincerely,

upanchor
Bass Harbor ME
Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up Anchor... Welcome to the Brats! Have probably driven past your Down East place. We have a home in Roque Bluffs, right outside of Machias. We'll be up there for a couple of months starting near the end of April. Maybe our paths will cross and we can talk C Dorys!

Charlie

CHARLIE and PENNY CBRAT #100
Captain's Cat II 2005 22 Cruiser
Thataway (2006 TC255 - Sold Aug 2013)
Captain's Cat (2006 TC255 - Sold January 2012)
Captain's Kitten (1995 CD 16 Angler- Sold June 2010)
Captain's Choice (1994 CD 22 Cruiser- Sold Jun 2007)
Potomac River/Chesapeake Bay
K4KBA
Lipidman

City/Region: Campbell Creek
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Thisaway
Photos: Bobby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Upanchor-
I have a 19' Angler and love the boat. She is just right for the two of us, easy to launch, trailer and retrieve. I used to live on Turkey Cove, near Port Clyde, ME and I think she would do fine on the coast. We hope to get her up there soon.
Roger
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm Ken and I just bought the 25 C-Dory Antibody and look forward to many many years and adventures with my new to me boat.

I thank you all for this site and the helpful info available here and I hope to contribute.

Ken
stclairgal

City/Region: St Clair Shores
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Dragonfly
Photos: Dragonfly
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Proud new owners of Dragonfly Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
We bought a 2007 25 Cruiser named Dragonfly 10 days ago on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Had a lovely adventure bringing the boat home to Norfolk, stopping in St Michaels, Solomons, Lookout Point Marina, and Deltaville on the way. As former SeaRay boaters on Lake St Clair near Detroit, Michigan, this was all new territory.
We are more than pleased with our C-Dory, Handles so well and is so fuel efficient!
We look forward to meeting other C-Brats in the area.
At the moment, we are keeping the boat at Top Rack boatel in Chesapeake, VA.
Any tips for cruising this area would be greatly appreciated (wish someone had warned us about all those crab pots!)
Joyce and Wolfgang

bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Proud new owners of Dragonfly Reply with quote

stclairgal wrote:
Hi everyone!
We bought a 2007 25 Cruiser named Dragonfly 10 days ago
Joyce and Wolfgang

Welcome to the Brats Joyce and Wolfgang. Jump straight in with postings and don't forget photo's.

"............ and it's name was Dragonfly". (Fawlty Towers early 70's).

Martin.
cocohatchee

City/Region: Naples
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Stow Away
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Newbe Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I’m new to this website. I have never owned a boat or ever planned to. During our last vacation in Florida my wife and I bought a small vacation/retirement place on the Cocohatchee River. We are surrounded my mangroves, pelicans and dolphins and only 5 min. from the Gulf. One of our neighbors took us out on his 19’ BW and it was a real treat. Our cooperative offers dock space on the river for only $20.00 a month. How can I go wrong? Guess what? I now have to have a boat. After much research, I came to the conclusion that a C-Dory 16’ Cruiser would be a good choice for what I would like to do on the water. Bought a used 2004 and will pick it up at the end of this month. Once I do I’m sure I will have many questions and you guys and you can set me straight. See you around.
cocohatchee

Captains Cat

City/Region: Cod Creek>Potomac River>Chesapeake Bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Captain's Choice II
Photos: Captain's Cat
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Brats, you'll find great resources here as we'll as friendly folks. Have owned a 16, a great boat!

Charlie
BOXERTC

City/Region: JENSEN BEACH
C-Dory Year: 2003
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY ALL OUT THERE IN DORY LAND

I'M LOOKING FOR A 22'DORY .I LIVE IN FLORIDA.
ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO SELL ????
THOMAS C

handmeawrench

City/Region: Camas
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all c-brats! I'm VERY new here, but have enjoyed the topics and especially photos.

My father just purchased a 1987 22' Angler, with the intention of taking his grandson boating and fishing. I'm currently helping refresh the old girl, and have LOTS of projects underway to get it in the water this fall.

I'll do my best to document the project from start to finish. This includes new power, new electronics, a thorough gelcoat buff and wax, new anchor and windlass, refinishing of all wood (grab handles, table, etc.), and general outfitting to make it a nice place to cruise or fish.

Thanks again for the great info and the informative forum.

potomac_brat

City/Region: Virginia
C-Dory Year: 2014
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: New guy Reply with quote

We saw our first C-Dory at the Richmond VA Speed Way Boat show in 2007.

We really liked the space the TomCat gives you and the living and fishing layout.

We entered an auction in March of 2007 at our local credit union and won a 280 Searay we are currently enjoying. The forward berth is too small for me and we are thinking our next boat will be a Tomcat.

We have been checking in here now and then great group.
alippman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Spirit
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Accidentally Bought a Boat.... New C-Dory 27 owner.... Reply with quote

Hi All,

Somehow in the process of shopping for a boat, we accidentally managed to buy one. Now we are the proud new owners of the 1985 27 C-Dory formerly known as "Sea Cowboy" and then "Tikibah" - and soon to be known as "Sea Spirit".

The boat is currently at the Marina in Edmonds, WA although we are contemplating a move up to Anacortes... But the silver salmon are pretty darn tasty so we may delay for a little bit...

Our previous boating experience was on an old columbia sailboat more than a decade or so ago - docking a boat without a keel is sure different!

One question I've got - does anyone use a heater in these boats? My 6 year old seems to fall asleep almost instantly in the V-Berth if we go out for a short trip after her school - and I'd like to make sure she is comfortable. I could just do a bin of blankets - but I imagine the boat / cushions will start to get a bit damp now that the summer is really really over..... We've got outboards and a propane tank for the stove - I was thinking about putting in something like a dickinson newport - but honestly can't figure out where I would install it. But I am thinking running a heater like that once in a while might keep things drier?

Thanks everyone!

Best
Alan and Kimberley
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard.

Congratulations--you have a great boat there!

There are lots of opinions about heaters. I am of the group who is against the "Mr. Heater" type of propane heater (Although I have used propane for cooking in larger boats for many years---In this case, the propane is shut off with a valve at the tank, 2 sniffers (one in the bilge and one behind or under the stove), plus several CO detectors.

There are several diesel heaters, and that Is where I would be looking--such as Espar forced air heating. The best is hydronic heating--where hot water is circulated thru the boat, with small radiators and computer fans to push out the heat. That is a bit much for a C Dory.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
alippman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Spirit
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob - Thanks for the reply!

Not sure about Diesel - we've got gas powered outboards and the small propane tank is nestled in the same open bay that the big outboard is in (not sure what you call that area). If we did diesel, I imagine I would need to add in a diesel tank somewhere?

ABout the propone - Since the propane only powers the stove it is turned off at the tank almost all the time (unless we make a pot of coffee or some such...). I don't think we have any detectors onboard - is there much need for such when the tank is completely open to the elements?

The Dickenson propane heater is a closed type of unit with a sleeved vent to pull in combustion gas from the outside and vent out as well... But is is a bit bigger and would need to be mounted to the hull - and I think it needs a two foot chimney as well.... I would imagine I would install a T somewhere close to the tank and then just run a new hose to the heater. Does that make sense?

Best
Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: