Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way cool! How about your lat/lon coordinates so we can input a waypoint? An as yet undetermined number of C-Dorys will be doing the Inside Passage from Washington State to Ketchikan starting June 10, and we would love to stop by for a visit!

lightkeeper wrote:

If any of you are cruising up this way please give us a call on the VHF channel 82A, and come up for a visit.
Boat Bluff lighthouse has set up a WiFi so boat passing by can check their email.
Cheers
All the Best in 2006.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Newbie lusting after C-Dory Reply with quote

Hi.

I'm Colobear, (Barry Daniel) recently moved to Whidbey Island, Washington from the mountains of Colorado and have been a member for about a year. I've just lurked since we don't have a C-Dory-yet and I didn't feel really comfortable chiming in when I'm just pressing my nose against the C-Dory window. We learned about C-Dorys at last year's Seattle Boat show and after talking with Nancy Rink at this year's show we (wife Patti and me.) made up our minds to hold out for a C-Dory rather than settle for something less. We go out into the San Juans on a friends Skagit Orca and can hardly wait till we can do it on our own 22 cruiser. We've never been on the water in a C-Dory and are trying to figure out how we can do that. Patti learned to sail here on Puget Sound and I grew up sailing rented boats in S. Calif where I once (as an immortal teenager) took a 12' 8" Aristocraft with my waterskis, girfriend, and a spare 5 gallons of gas 26 miles offshore to Catalina. Shocked We're not total neophytes but we're certainly not experienced. I've gone through the Washington and CG beginning boating courses and Patti will soon.

I'm an old retired fogie, U.S. Army, College Professor, Fed. Govt. Patti is a former journalist now a realtor with Windermere in Oak Harbor. I like to try my hand at woodworking and we both enjoy hacking away on the golf course. I work part-time at the local Home Depot selling plumbing..not because I know anything about plumbing but because I made the mistake of telling their HR guy I once installed a toilet Smile

I have been really pleasantly impressed with C-Brats. The site, camaraderie, and warmth have been a huge factor in our selection of a C-Dory as our boat. I'll continue to lurk but wanted to check in. And...a question. I see that a gathering is planned in Poulsbo in March. Would it be out of line for a non-C-Dory owner to visit? We don't want to intrude, be pushy or be a tolerated fifth wheel but we sure would like to see some C-dorys on the water and get to meet a few of the folks whose posts I've been reading.

Thanks.

Barry Daniel (Colobear)
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry: Visiting the gatherings is a great way to see our boats. Particuarly if you are "fishing" between the sizes and types. Even with the C-Dory boats, there are differences in the berths and cockpit areas between the cruisers and the anglers. All great boats.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry & Patti
I'm not sure Ann & I will be at Palsbo, but if we are , we would be glad to give you a test ride. If we don't make it, I'm sure there will be lots of folks more then happy to get you out on the water.
Well Brats, am I right or what?
Terry

Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,

Welcome -- and you will like Whidbey Island. Guaranteed. Been here for a lifetime - which means two or three life times for most!

You want to ride in a 22 give me a pm and your phone number. We can work something out I'm sure. I'm Les's (EQ Les) dad, and have had several 22s. Have an older one now, but I'm sure we can get you a ride on a later one if you would like. I can assure you that the 22 CD is much cheaper to operate than my Skagit Orca!!!!

Best wishes, and welcome!

Dusty

Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry,

Welcome. If this trend continues we will have enough Whidbey members to form a flotilla!!

If you ever come South of the border (Freeland) and want to see a 2006 CD22 give me a PM with your phone number and I'll get in contact.

Would offer a ride but, being plagued with still having to work, I cannot plan very far in advance. We just grab the moments when the weather and tide are right.

We are thinking to turn up in Poulsbo but will probably not know until the day before. If we do we would launch in Oak Harbor an come down Saratoga since the ramp in Freeland is not tide friendly and covered in sand. So if any of the group are going down that way maybe we could join forces.

Merv & Kathy
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also PM me and I'd be happy to take you out for a ride. I'm moored in Edmonds until Feb 1 and will probably be out for a brief cruise this Sun AM. Let me know if you want a ride (Roger on the SeaDNA).
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks to all who answered me with welcomes and offers to give us a ride. That seems to be what this group is all about. Sure is nice. I will be glad to answer just as soon as I figure out what "PM me" means. Does it mean PM as in a time? Does it mean PM as in post a message. Or is it some list term that betrays my utter ignorance.

Thanks again to all.

Barry Daniel
Sawdust

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm is "private message" -- just hit the "pm" button below your post and start talking. Love to take you for a 22 ride!

Dusty
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Barry,
PM means Post a Message. I live on Guemes Isl. and the offer is certainly extended from me also. I have a 25. Had a 22. I'll be one of the boats doing the Ketchikan run in June. Give me a PM (now that you know what that is) I love an excuse to get the boat wet.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawdust wrote:
-- just hit the "pm" button below your post and start talking.

Way to go Dusty. You got everybody talking to themselves! I've been doing it for years now, and it is easy to carry on a conversation but I don't get much out of them.

What I know Dusty meant to say was by pressing the PM button below someone else's post you can send a Private Message to that person.

gljjr

City/Region: Fall City
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Migratory Dory
Photos: gljjr
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh Shucks Mike! Now you done and let the secret out Smile

Barry, Welcome! And if I ever get my 27' on the water you would be more than welcome to come for a ride!

Also, there is no problem with this crowd not showing off their pride and joy! Make sure to attend any gathering you can. Everyone will greet you with smiles and a handshake. Then almost insist on taking you for a ride and have you come aboard to see all their little modifications. I know. I was in your shoes last year and they did just that to me Smile

I've had the pleasure of going fishing with a few on this board and look forward to repaying the generosity in style when I get on the water with my boat. Now if I could just stop working 70 hour weeks I might just get a chance to work on the boat!

Sawdust

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mike,

You are SOOOO right. Old Dusty is really screwed up. PM, lessee, PM, hmmmm. No wonder I don't get replies. Laughing

Dusty
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but at least its a conversation with a good listener!

Sawdust wrote:
And Mike,

You are SOOOO right. Old Dusty is really screwed up. PM, lessee, PM, hmmmm. No wonder I don't get replies. Laughing

Dusty
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colobear Barry from Whidbey Island, hi! Thanks for coming on.

Hey, I'm one guy who wants to know more about your 26 mile trip to Catalina in your 12'8" Aristocraft with five extra gallons of gas and your young, trusting girlfriend. I love that song, by the way.
Cat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: