rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had two new user join in the past couple of days. Please send a C-brat welcome to:

Jim Salkeld: Jim is a machinist/tech from the San Francisco area and he owns a grey-white 16' angler named SHANANIGEN. He's already added his boat to the Brat Map so it looks like he might be hanging out here for awhile. Welcome Jim - be sure to tell us about your travel and fishing adventures in the boat!

Our other newest member is Seacat. Seacat is from Felton, DE, works for the govt and likes to fish. He doesn't list a C-Dory so maybe he's thinking about it. If you're interest, SeaCat, check out the for sale section of the Brats. It's a good place to pick up a used CD and there are several nice boats listed right now. Welcome SeaCat!

For the new joiners, feel free to post your questions to the site. Very rarely does a question about a C-Dory or boating related manner go unanswered and usually you will get many responses to your posts. The site now has 1310 members and 599 of them have posted at least once. Here you will find not only answers to your questions but opportunities to attend C-brat gatherings, to set foot on various C-Dories, to learn what others are doing on there boats or have done to their boats and to (perhaps) make new friends. Welcome.

Roger on the SeaDNA

rogerbum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our newest member is "fuller" from Olympia WA. Fuller has made one post re: a red 16' Angler he has for sale. We hope that's so he can trade up to a larger C-Dory! Welcome "fuller". Check out the help section if you wish. You can get your own photo album to post pictures of the boat and your adventures in it OR you can post to the "For Sale Photo Album". A few good photos really help to sell the boat.

Welcome again,
Roger on the SeaDNA
Hoop

City/Region: Friday Harbor, WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Spaniel
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Just saying "Hello" Reply with quote

Hi Folks!

I'm just stopping by to say hello to what seems like an absolutely terrific group of people. No, I don't own a C-Dory, but I sure enjoy looking at them and considering them for my next possible boat. I summer in Friday Harbor, WA, and know that the C-Dory would fit right in there.

I sure like this forum, by the way. Great content and insight on customizing the C-Dory.

rogerbum

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Just saying "Hello" Reply with quote

Hoop6102 wrote:
Hi Folks!

I'm just stopping by to say hello to what seems like an absolutely terrific group of people. No, I don't own a C-Dory, but I sure enjoy looking at them and considering them for my next possible boat. I summer in Friday Harbor, WA, and know that the C-Dory would fit right in there.

I sure like this forum, by the way. Great content and insight on customizing the C-Dory.

Welcome Jim,

You'll undoubtably see many CD when you're up in Friday Harbor. When you're on your way up, let us know. I'm sure myself or someone else would be willing to take you for a ride. You might also want to stop and visit the factory on your way.

Best,
Roger on the SeaDNA
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Welcome! Great group of folks, these C-Brats. Friday is one of our nesting places and you are welcome to come join the group. If you see "C-Salt" just come in for a cup of the best coffee in WA! And if "Danag" is there he makes the best Latte. And if the beer guys are there - wheeeee.

Dusty

CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope nobody minds that I'm the one to welcome Scot, member ID (and President of) C-Dory Factory to this pub. We're all happy to see you and have you join us. We look forward to your participation!

Welcome!!!
The Fran Sea

City/Region: St Petersburg FL
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: The Fran Sea
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: New Members Reply with quote

I just finished scanning the member list on the C-Brat and CDog sites in newest member date joined order. I sent personal Emails of welcome to each member located here in Florida that joined in last 3 months, BUT................ I was surprised at how many members join but fail to provide even the basic information such as City & State, AND ZIP,(for the map)! Isn't it possible to make some of those fields a "Required" field? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by The Fran Sea on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few moments ago, I read in the "Merry Christmas" thread a comment from "lightkeeper" who has been a member since 8/14/05, but has not posted until today.
First, welcome to the C-Brats Brent and Sylvia! Secondly, your occupation as a lightkeeper at the Ivory Island Light Station peeks my interest. Where is Ivory Island? I would imagine that you have an interesting story or two to share with the group. If I'm correct, would you share them with us?

C-Brat #16
Mike

City/Region: mount juliet
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 1990
Vessel Name: GYPSY
Photos: GYPSY
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: new owner!!! Reply with quote

mike here, brother of "byrdman" not nearly as full of it mind you, but nonetheless (if that is a word) i just bought us a c-dory. brenda and i just bought "Pelican", a 22' cruiser of the 1990 vintage outfitted with a yamaha 90 h.p. 4 stroke. you saw it in the C-Dory for sale section in Paducha, Ky. Very Happy. we go pick her up 2, jan. 06 from tom and marge. hope i put this on the right part of the site! i am a lot better boater than computer jockey Smile . c ya'll on the Cumberland!
mike

DaveS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Aboard Mike! Congratulations on your new C-Dory. (Since you are Bydrman's Bro, may this C-Dory be your first of many....LOL).
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there Mike
It is good to finaly get you in here...lol.... I was wonderin how long it would take before you saw the light. Idea
only trouble with this is that we now have to contend with two Byrds.......lol....... Mr. Green

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
lightkeeper

City/Region: Estevsan Pt. Light Station
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave.
I have been lurking in the back ground reading all this C-Dory info. Just love it. One day I' ll have a 16' angler or cruiser tied up behind Ivory.
Ivory is located in B.C. on the inside passage to Alaska.
We mark Milbank Sound and Seaforth Channel.
Check out http://fogwhistle.ca/bclights/index.php

Sylvia and I plus the dogs Tess and Chilco have been on Ivory for three years now and love this station the best.
We have been posted to a number of lights over the past dozen years.
Nootka, Estevan, , Boat Bluff, McInnes, Scarlett, Addenbroke, Quatsino and have done relief work at a bunch of other ones. There are 27 staffed Light houses left in B.C.

If any of you are cruising up this way please give us a call on the VHF channel 82A, and come up for a visit.
Boat Bluff lighthouse has set up a WiFi so boat passing by can check their email.
Cheers
All the Best in 2006.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightkeeper-

Wow! That's some beautiful lighthouse and setting!

Welcome aboard and we hope to hear a lot from you as time rolls on.

I'm sure some C-Brats traveling up the passage will check in with you from time to time.

Tyboo Mike can set up an album for you if you like and you can post some photos of your lighthouse, family, dogs, and the island if you like.

Hope to hear more from you soon! Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brother Mike!!.... Glad to know you, B, Tom & Marge are hooking up in a few days. Enjoyed our time together at Christmas, weighing the 18Angler, and just seeing the family. Truly look forward to our "Byrd-Boats" photo once I return from Seattle. Get us some nice sunny weather and see yall soon.

"Younger Byrdman".... Mr. Green
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, did ya'll see who just joined the C-Brats today?.....OK yesterday, since it is now 0020 Hours.

A big Welcome to Susan E. (starcraftom's wife)!

BTW. Susan, good to see you and Tom this weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: