Aluminum diesel dory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kushtaka

City/Region: Cordova
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Kushtaka
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Aluminum diesel dory Reply with quote

I have nothing to do with this boat, but was just browsing around and thought there might be someone on here who would have their ears pinned back with this one:

http://alaskaboatbrokers.com/listings_detail.php?id=309
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminum diesel dory Reply with quote

Kushtaka wrote:
thought there might be someone on here who would have their ears pinned back with this one:

Kushtaka, pretty much any boat with that bow rail and a forward raked windshield will pin mine back! Mr. Green

She is a beauty, clean and well equipped with a lot of desirable features.

Pics do raise some questions. Don't know why a sliding door and one into the head beside it? Seems like the trailer is a work in progress. A triple axle trailer seems a bit of overkill for a 5,000pd. boat.

Love how the dealer included pics of the hull bottom instead of showing how many cup holders it has like some dealers. Razz

Anyway Christmas is still a long way away!

Regards, Rob

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link went to a B-Boat Trophy. didn't do a think for me. NOW a Shiny aluminum with forward rake windows, Yup, gets a second look every time. Sorry I missed your posted picture. But this one will do for now:

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Robert H. Wilkinson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, try this link - http://alaskaboatbrokers.com/listings_detail.php?id=308

Its a 2010 - 23' Norvelle aluminum dory. The brokers id# is 308. The original link posted worked for me a few days ago but for some reason the id# changed from 309 to 308.

Nice boat!
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Aluminum Trawler Reply with quote

This boat looks like the same model Stanley Aluminum Boatworks builds up in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, That one worked. Tough looking boat. Big lights, and sturdy looking vessel with the windshield on right, but not the one for me.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Robert H. Wilkinson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Aluminum Trawler Reply with quote

Barry Rietz wrote:
This boat looks like the same model Stanley Aluminum Boatworks builds up in Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada.

Barry, I live not far from Parry Sound. They are a popular well respected boat around here. Not really mass produced like some. They do a lot of custom builds for commercial and government use. Also see a lot in cottage country with the open bow and drop down ramp. Marina's use them to shuttle building supplies to cottages.

The marina I deal with - Bridge Yachts in Port Dover is a dealer. One of my favorites was the 25' Coastal that they sold a few years ago. I put a few pictures of it in my album here - http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2837&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
This is probably the closest one in looks to the diesel dory with its forward raked windshield. More deadrise at the transom though as you can see in the last pic.

They also build a 25' Cruiser with sliding side doors like on the Rosborough 246. I've never seen this one though.

Another pic in my album "Santa's summer sleigh" was custom built by them as well.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Rob
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of deadrise equals 300 hp, vs the average 150 hp for the C Dory25. But I'll bet that boat rides well in the chop!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Aluminum Dory Reply with quote

Looks like this is their current offering. No "raked windshield" but it looks a lot like some of the C-Dory's.

https://stanleyboats.ca/cruiser/
Robert H. Wilkinson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, I just checked out their website and I don't see the 25' Coastal listed anywhere. I think on their website 4 years ago when I saw this boat it was listed under "other" boats or something - not one of their more common models. I'm sure if you plunked down the money they could still make you one though!

I see on the updated website they are showing the Chantry Island tour boat. I included a few of my pics in the album link http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2837&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php it is a beauty as well. I have done the tour twice but in their old boat. Would love to do it again in this boat. The island in Lake Huron is a bird sanctuary and the tour boat is the only boat allowed to land there. The tour to the lighthouse is only offered during non sensitive birding times and must be booked ahead as it is always sold out.

Stanley has come a long way from very utilitarian, work and cottage boats to painted beauty's like the Coastal and their new Lighthouse models.

Regards,

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: