The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2008 16 Angler, $24,500 (Anacortes, WA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher-Robyn

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Christopher K.
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject: 2008 16 Angler, $24,500 (Anacortes, WA) Reply with quote

I am the original owner of the Christopher K. The boat is in like-new condition and has always been garaged or stored under a full Sunbrella King cover. Powered by a 50 HP Yamaha 4-stroke EFI engine. The engine has approximately 142 hours on it and has always been fresh water flushed immediately after each use. The boat is equipped with bow rail, two (2) electric wipers, new battery, Xantrex Link-Lite monitor, marine carpeted cabin & cockpit, Dri-Dek in cuddy and battery/fuel tank area, Three (3) part roll-up cruise curtain, Garmin 640 GPS, etc. 2008 Pacific galvanized trailer with swing tongue has never been in the water. Boat is always sling-launched. $24,500.
For additional info or photos, send private message to Christopher-Robyn.
Paul K

P1010669.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.53 KB
 Viewed:  402 Time(s)

P1010669.JPG

P1010693.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.76 KB
 Viewed:  522 Time(s)

P1010693.JPG

P1010694.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.5 KB
 Viewed:  572 Time(s)

P1010694.JPG

P1010697.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.01 KB
 Viewed:  517 Time(s)

P1010697.JPG

jemmka6@gmail.com

City/Region: downey
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Boat Reply with quote

Not to be disrespectful but NADA values this boat at 17,300 what gives with your price? Willing to give a little more, but lets not go crazy. Love the boat it looks nice.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: Tropical Tip of Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Boat Reply with quote

jemmka6@gmail.com wrote:
Not to be disrespectful but NADA values this boat at 17,300 what gives with your price? Willing to give a little more, but lets not go crazy. Love the boat it looks nice.

NADA is WILDLY WRONG on small run production boats like the C-Dory; they base it on straight-line depreciation, which isn't the case on the value of any C-Dory. If you can find a C-Dory actually for sale at the (wildly wrong) NADA price, you should snap it up immediately, because the owner had no idea what the boat was actually worth and looked it up on NADA.

No disrespect meant - you are new here. Look through the archives; do a search on NADA on this forum and you will see what I mean.
Dan McNally

City/Region: Bothell
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Shannon- Colleen
Photos: Shannon-Colleen
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James is spot on in his statements. Nada values do not reflect the proper resale values of well kept c-dories, it is a place to start but do not hold your breath on getting one for that price.
jemmka6@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: c-dory Reply with quote

All I'm saying is that something is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, This boat has been listed for months, and I know from being on this earth a long time that if something sits that long it is overpriced.
Christopher-Robyn

City/Region: Anacortes
Vessel Name: Christopher K.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Anacortes 16 Angler For Sale Reply with quote

Not to be disrespectful, take the time to actually look at this boat, compare it with any other for sale, including a brand new factory boat and then tell me it is overpriced!
Paul K
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to learn about the C-Dory 16's, look up the article in "Small Craft Advisor" No 111, May June 2018. It is a great read, informative and supportive of the current pricing. It does note that most of the 16's on the market now are worth more than they were when purchased new, and that may be well over 10 years prior.

C-Dory brand is worth the investment, In $$$, safety on the water, sturdy build and sanity or serenity on the water.

Sorry, but as mentioned, NADA is way off base in these boats. They are not bayliners.

As another frequent poster often says, Grandpa always said, "You get what you pay for, and you pay for what you get." Good luck in your boat hunting.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

jemmka6@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been with this website for years, just haven't joined in on any conversations. The reason why it looks like I just joined the web-site is I couldn't remember my password and had to partially redo it. The most I have ever seen a 16 c-dory angler was recently at the bottom of {the for sale page} for 18,500 or so. The gentleman named Norm said he came close to his asking price. This boat was near new and had more gear on it like a Yamaha 6 hp kicker. I am an all cash and ready buyer but not at that inflated price.
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the boat is overpriced - compared to other 16 Anglers that have been listed. My 2008 was purchased when only four years old, with similar hours for $15K - but in slightly lesser condition. Good deal for sure, but not unheard of. Look through the Marketplace Reference for many other examples. Clearly, price is the reason this boat is still on the market when many others have sold.

That's not a critique or a knock on the owner - just reality. Somebody may be willing to pay such a premium for a relatively pristine vessel, and if so - both parties can walk away happy with the deal. My personal opinion: Not many purchasers of used 16 Anglers care enough about having a "perfect" boat. They are price conscious to begin with if they are looking at the 16, and it's incredibly hard to justify the $8-12K premium for this boat when one simply wants a fishing vessel and/or small day cruiser.

Basically, the seller's market consists of the relatively few folks who are considering buying a 16 Angler new. For them, it may be a great deal...but there just aren't many people in that market.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, DaNag,(Will), is right, and yes it might be a bit high, but here is my thinking. A (only) 10 year old, pristine C-Dory that has been trailer stored inside, is going to be worth more than the one that got planted beside the shop with no cover and no care. Just putting it inside under cover keeps it from rain, moss and mildew, and UV degradation over that same time. I don't remember where but at one point when I started owning boats to care about I learned that every year of inside storage for a boat makes it 1/3 to 1/4 the age of an equivalent boat stored outside. That makes this 10 year old boat about 22-3 years old in boat years. Wink

Bill is right in the facts about people looking for a 16 are not looking to invest half their life savings, and from my experience, no very many fishermen store their boat inside, or many even covered. For them it is the equivalent of a work truck.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments, just that there is a lot of room between NADA and what most of us have paid or are willing to pay or sell our boats for.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you love the boat, have cash, make the owner an offer. It's a pristine boat and it's been listed for quite a while. Maybe you can come to an agreement on a price. "Just be nice" Who knows?

"...we're all in the same boat..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: