The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Does anyone know anything about this boat manufacturer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MilesandMiles

State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 1992
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: MilesandMiles
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know anything about this boat manufacturer? Reply with quote

I recently picked up this boat out on the Olympic Peninsula for a pretty good price. Welded Aluminum boats in an affordable (to me anyway) price ranger are rare. This is called an "Ocean Sport" it has a 19 foot hull and originally sold new in 1993. There is another company called "Ocean Sport" that builds really nice fiberglass boats (Roamer) but I'm pretty sure my new boat has nothing to do with that company.

Doing research, I've found some old for sale postings in Canada (mostly Vancouver Island) for other models of Ocean Sport (so as least I know mine wasn't a once off). Further research has brought me to believe an aluminum boat manufacturer on Vancouver island called "Wolf Boats" originally built mine. I've looked closely at some of the styling, weld techniques and other little details on these boats and they're almost identical.

So far I'm happy I bought it. I've been looking for a fishing boat with hardtop I can leave outside all winter and not feel guilty. My beloved c-dory took up my entire garage for 6 months a year!

If anyone knows anything about these I'd like to hear it. My gut tells me this was one of those small operations in the PNW that couldn't compete with Hewescraft and the like, so folded in the 90s. They sure made a tough little boat though.

Thanks,
Brenton
DrewbirdII

City/Region: fanny bay
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Drewbird II
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he is still building aluminum boats at 2541 Coleman Rd Courtney Vancouver Island. Jim
Saxe Point

City/Region: Sooke
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some very highly regarded welded aluminum boat manufacturers in BC. Two on the Island are Silver Streak (in Sooke, where I live)(http://www.silverstreakboats.com) and Lifetimer in Duncan (http://www.lifetimerboats.com). Extremely well built and unbelievably durable, but also very expensive. Even used, these boats command a premium.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful boat!! Would love to see more pics. Lots of welded alum. here in Ontario.

Enjoy!

Rob

bridma

City/Region: Comox
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm. Corner of Coleman Rd and Old Island Highway in the Comox Valley, Vancouver Island. Wolf boats. Has been in operation for the 25 years I have lived here.

Martin.
MilesandMiles

State or Province: MN
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: MilesandMiles
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent them an email on their website but haven't gotten a reply yet. I would like to know more about this boat. It's very well made with all sorts of little details I've never seen on a boat before. I wonder when they changed their name from Ocean Sport to Wolf Boats?

Thanks to everyone who shared some info here--appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: