View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snider

City/Region: Charleston
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kestrel Dawn
Photos: Kestrel Dawn
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Very Nice!! Reply with quote

Love it!! No need to explain, you should see how many sailboats we've owned, lol.
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
I have found that using either insulation pads or a material like "hypervvent" keeps any mold from growing under the V berth cushions. Also seems to decrease the condensation. We take the foam pads up the side walls of the hull. We will have them at least below the shelf in the 25--and probably all of the way to the ceiling. We did that with the 22 and our first 25. It seemed to help in AK--at least if there is condensation on the sides of the hull, it does not run onto the sleeping system.
I also put "Dri Dek" on the bottom of all lockers to keep any items off the hull. Again, these areas are totally clean, except for what falls down under the Dri Dek.

I am trying a cheaper brand in the 25--we will see how it works out. West Marine is $6.29 plus tax, for each 12 x 12 square. The other is less than $3 each. My guess is that the "other" will be much harder plastic--but the reviews say they can but cut with scissors, so cannot be too hard? I'll review them when they arrive, tomorrow...

I'm going to try the insulation pads. The only time I've really had a problem with condensation was in SW Florida in December and I was shocked how much condensation there was. Soaked the sheets that were touching the hull.

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
bridma

City/Region: Comox
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: Nomad
Photos: Nomad
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My v-berth is now all 'RV type' carpet, top, bottom, and sides, huge improvement. I then made a lattice out of cedar strips to go underneath the mattress for more air flow. No more condensation.

Martin.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Update on progress Reply with quote

Finally got the graphics and electronics finished up. (photos of interior will follow as it is finished)--but we added a RayMarine Quantom (CHIRP) Radar, a second MFD (7", the boat came with a 9")--enough room side by side in front of the helm. A Standard Horizon 2200, with Hailer, fog signal, and AIS receiver, with a Marcom 6dB gain antenna finished out the VHF line.

We have installed the vinyl loop spaghetti floor mat below: 4' x 13' gave us just enough mat to do the main isle, entrance step, mats under each seating area and the head. Deckadence is ordered for the cockpit, but the distributer is out of the color we wanted, so that is not yet done. We are putting a few finishing touches on the storage, such as Dri Deck in each compartment, LED lighting inside cabinets, etc. I bought a red LED fixture at Worst Marine for $6 on sale last weekend. I found the exactly same fixture on Amazon for $3.40 each---"Garden lights"--not "marine lights"...!!

When ordering the graphics, I neglected to ask the vendor how "long" the "THATAWAY" was in the font I selected....it is huge--but we got it in place.

Getting hot during the days--with temps inside the boat at noon reaching over 100*--time to turn on the air conditioning--or launch and go boating! We are doing the work early in the mornings and late in the afternoons.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, Dr. Bob! Thumbs Up
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Thataway Reply with quote

Dr Bob can't wait to see the new Thataway .I guess I have to wait untul Sept up in the Cumberland river trip Have a great Summer Jim
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH WOW, I love the Graphic. You did great! It is readable from more than 50 feet away, like a boat name should be. (I hate to see names so small, an fonts so unreadable you have to be on top of them to read the name.) Always kind of figured, whats the purpose. Laughing

Nice to be getting caught back up on the site. Won't last long, Race to Alaska starts next week so will be on the water for that. AND there is a new race, the Seventy48 which is a person powered race (no sails) that runs for 2 days just prior to the R2AK start. Will be doing safety boat for that one too.

Enjoy your new 25 and all that you can do in/with it.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big job done: I pulled all of the cockpit access plates (two, 6" on floor, two 6" on the "step" and two 4" above the step. All had evidence of water leaking under the plate, and above the caulking. Also several missing "O" rings. I will replace with new plates, and use silicone grease on the "O" rings. There was less core rot and water intrusion that I had imagined. The aft (over bilge pumps, had a small area which went back to the end in the center aft, the starboard step, had a small area which went to the bottom end of the step, and a little on the sides. Over drilled all of screw holes, and connected to routed out area. All routed out at least 3/8", coated dry balsa core with 2 coats of "neat" epoxy, and then filled to the edge with thickened epoxy. Total time about 4 hours. Helped that I have a powerful flexible shaft which has both 1/4" and 1/8" collets, and can use Dremel tool or router bits in the flexible shaft. Smoother up the balsa with a sanding "flapper" wheel, to avoid any rough balsa edges.

Getting down to very few projects--and looking forward to using the boat and having a few nights aboard before the Mississippi River/ Cumberland/ Mississippi River trips!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: