The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Making offer on C-Dory 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ehuber

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 am    Post subject: Making offer on C-Dory 22 Reply with quote

Hi all, just want to get some advice on a C-Dory 22 Cruiser my wife and I are hoping to buy. I am in the Air Force stationed in Alaska and my wife is a teacher so we don’t have a ton of $$$. We are trying to maximize our time while we are in AK since this is a once in a lifetime place to live and we want to make the most of it. We have owned a bass boat at our previous base but don’t have any experience with ocean boats. We have no doubt that the 22’ cruiser will fit our needs for camping/fishing with 2 adults and 2 toddlers but in your opinion how well would this work with inlaws in town? 4 adults and 2 toddlers, no overnight trips but just a day of cruising and fishing? We would be launching out of Whittier mainly. We have some pretty awesome kids so I think they would be content on a boat for a day or two looking at all the sights and helping dad fish.

Our biggest concern is resale of the boat. It looks like a beautiful, well maintained boat but I am worried that the price might be too high. The sellers listed it at $46k which seems high to me despite all the electronics and low hours. We offered $38k but that did not go over well with them and we were added to their “list of offers.” In your opinion is this boat worth the $46K they are asking? My main concern is that I will have to sell it 3-4 years when I have to move for my job and I don’t want to take a huge loss or have it sit for many months.

Here is the Craigslist link to the boat we are looking at:
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/d/22-ft-dory/6553009544.html

The price for everything is obviously a little higher up here but what do you guys think? Thanks
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate thread.

See this this thread;
http://www.c-brats.com/viewtopic.php?t=26343&highlight=

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

RobLL

City/Region: Bremerton
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 22 is really comfortable for 1 or 2 adults. 3 - a little crowded, 4 definitely. Add toddlers - maybe for a short day trip.
fishingjoe13

City/Region: Loveland
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 1992
Vessel Name: Fish Frey
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This boat would be perfect for when the in-laws are in town. As soon as they arrive, say “Hi” real quick, then go jump in your C-Dory and go fishing for a couple of days while they are hanging out at your house!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: