The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/06 - 09/09 - Mississippi River 2018 Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some final preparation for our trip down to Alton. Regarding the Friday excursion up to Grafton, where will we be docking specifically? I did see there is a nice marina, Grafton Harbor, and more or less figured out approximately where it is located on my charts. Or are we docking somewhere else? Also, I notice that there is a Floating Winery at Grafton Harbor. Thanks. Also, still planning on arriving/launching Wednesday late afternoon. My wife and I will be staying for a few days after the gathering, most likely cruising out somewhere for Sunday night, then planning to return back to Alton Monday evening and loading out on Tuesday morning. Colby
k-p pelican

City/Region: Putnam
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Colby, we will be traveling to the Grafton Marina on Friday. The marina is located at the confluence of the Mississippi River (mile 219.1) and the Illinois River (mile 0) There are a bunch of wineries in Grafton. One at the marina and we will be having lunch at another winery. You will be given a detailed map of Grafton (and other tourist info. for the area) when you arrive at the gathering. We got you covered.

dgeorges, anytime you get there is just fine with us. Come early and stay late. All you need to do is show up. If by chance you get to Alton and can't find anyone, call Pat Frey at (815) 303-2154 and we will come and get you. The docks are behind locked gates so you need a key to enter.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Alton.

Ken & Pat (Pelican)
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Miss Gathering Reply with quote

Greetings from Alton Marina, Illinois on the Big Muddy!
We splashed Monday, making us the first to this Gathering. A first for us. Easy tow compared to Key West or I-95 in the Chesapeake/DC corridor, cheap diesel (under $3), no 95 years olds driving 10MPH on the interstate with a bottle of ether on the dashboard (careful, this may be us some day). Great marina. Take the guided tour to the top of Mel Price Lock, an engineering marvel. The towboat captain simulator is a hoot, you WILL crash in all 3 scenarios but damage only your ego. Fast Eddy's last night is a piece of Americana we'll never forget. We hiked the bridge because Eileen wanted to see Missouri.
Safe travels, and don't forget to put the pin in hitch receiver (only did that once, for a 120 mile tow).
John

dgeorges

City/Region: Highlands Ranch
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: FRESH FISH
Photos: FRESH FISH
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the logistics message (above). I'm comin armed and dangerous with a bunch of questions about the CD22's as I'm in the market for one. Sorry in advance for all my pestering and multiple questions.

Cheers. Rolling Eyes

CD 22 Cruiser "FRESH FISH: 2018 to present.
CD 16 Angler "OPA": 2013 to 2019.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting ready to head out in a few minutes. Be there later this afternoon. Got 360 miles of highway I believe. John, not to bruise your ego, but I got that big tow thru the bridge and the locks twice without damaging anything. lol! Mr. Green Colby
Joni Lynn

City/Region: Guttenberg
State or Province: IA
Vessel Name: Joni Lynn
Photos: Joni Lynn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy OPA,
You might be interested to know there is a very clean '98 CD22 for sale at Northwest Outlet in Superior, WI. Ask for Dave Miller. 715 392-9838.

Yep, C Brats, we finally made the hard decision to sell the Joni Lynn after 19 years of fun boating and great fellowship with the C Dory family. But, we have fun plans for the future, and it was time to let go of the boat. I'm sure we'll stay in touch. We hope you all have a fun time at the gathering !
Paul & Joni
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul & Joni, sorry to hear you are selling your boat. Enjoyed seeing you guys at the gatherings. In any case, good luck with your future endeavors!

DaNag or Tyboo, can we get a photo album for this thread? Thanks. Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great C-Brat gathering in the books. The Alton Marina is a great gathering place, and we have some very gracious hosts in Ken & Pat off the Pelican. While some have already pulled out to head over to join the group going down the Cumberland and Tennessee Rivers, a few others will probably be pulling out soon for home. I'll be joining Tully-B and C-Otter and maybe some others heading up the Illinois River a ways today. Outlier (SNT) are enjoying their new to them 22. (They had Bouhause 16' earlier). Opa's Demitris got a ride on Midnight Flyer and Intuition, and is now really ready to buy himself a bigger boat! Bill, (Mystery Girl) friends were pretty impressed with this whole C-Brat gathering thing. In all, I think we had 15 boats. I'm still waiting to hear back from the local Ford dealership about my F150. It broke down on the way back from Fast Eddy's Thursday night. Engine light and some other nonsense. Hoping it's just a sensor! Was hoping it could go in the shop Friday, but they didn't get to it, so having faith it'll get in tomorrow and it'll be a quick fix! I've got a few pictures of the gathering to upload. (As soon as I get Tyboo or DaNag to open up a photo album here! Wink ) Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyboo Mike set us up with a photo album for this thread. I just uploaded the photos I took. Look here:

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Mississippi-River-2018&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
Pedromo

City/Region: Oxnard
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: C-Casa
Photos: C-Casa
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eileen and I are planning to launch C-Casa at Wehwap Wednesday the 19th, and make our way to Oak Canyon Friday or Saturday.
Is there anything specifically we should bring for the Potluck?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: