The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CDory 19 Interior Options - Opinions Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonJr

City/Region: Olympia
State or Province: WA
Photos: Beagle
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: CDory 19 Interior Options - Opinions Wanted Reply with quote

I purchased a CD 19 about 6 months ago with the intent of sprucing it up. I’ve been contemplating the interior/seating options and would like your opinion if you are so inclined.

The boat came with pedestal seats. I am thinking of replacing these with seats on boxes I would build myself. I replaced Beagle’s interior so I think I could make it look OK. I would build them about the size of the fiberglass seat boxes of the 2000’s CD 19’s. I like the jump seats that Tinker Toy has added. The new seats would cost $250 each from Bentley’s.

On the other hand maybe I should just replace the seats but leave the pedestals. This option leave more cabin room and would be better for fishing I think.

I understand the new CD 19’s come with back-to-back seats. That would be an option. Instant seating for four. Convert to lounge mode for a little relaxing. I don know, they just seem a little Bayliner-ish.

Well, what would you do if you had the choice.

The boat is a 1992 in great shape. I don’t know when they started making the 19, but I believe this was the first one built in January of that year. Could it be the first 19?

Thanks for reading this post

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about putting some flooring down Ron? I did that on my old 19 and it definitely spruced it up. You seem like a DIY'er so it wouldn't be as expensive as what I paid! Mine was done with Plasdeck but I used Lonseal on my 25. There are lots of options.

I also added a holding tank w/pump and a sink. That was a great addition. I was looking in my album for pics of that and I didn't take any! I can't believe it. That was such a cool setup.

Here's a before and after pic of the floor.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Aurelia

City/Region: Gig Harbor
State or Province: WA
Photos: Aurelia
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours is configured more for cruising than fishing and being a 2003 model, we have the seat boxes and enjoy the storage of that configuration. With the bulkhead in place, we have mounts for two folding seats against the back wall in the cockpit but we never use them. Consider the use of a couple of coolers or mounted boxes to provide cockpit seating/step, and storage. The flooring in ours is a dense fatigue mat foam covered with dense carpeting, but again we keep it sealed up and dry for cruising. Good seats at the helm and co-pilot stations cannot be overrated if you plan to spend serious time in them. We used the standard seats for a short time and did not understand how poor they were until with replaced them with more supportive units. Seat rotation and forward back slide adjustment also helps with interior flexibility.

The set of steps we have mounted on one side of the cockpit for entry/exit have also been really helpful.

Album here:

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album2026&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Greg

Ari - 19 Cruiser sold 2023
currently exploring with "Lia", 17 ft Bullfrog Supersport Pilothouse
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The boat is a 1992 in great shape. I don’t know when they started making the 19, but I believe this was the first one built in January of that year. Could it be the first 19?

There were 19's made in the 80's but didn't have the DOR prefix. If you check your HIN, it will probably read DOR19001A292 if it is #1 of that series; or something like that. (the digit after the 00, will be the boat # in that series) There is a 1993 19 listed with hull #5 which was started in Jan 93.

You would never go wrong making modifications similar to what Greg did with ARI. He has made a very comfortable cruising boat of the 19.

I am not a big fan of the back to back seats--although I had them in runabouts back in the 60's thru the 80's--they take a lot of space, and normally are not the best seat, nor the best lounge.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: