View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: barnacles not good Reply with quote

Coming home from hontoon we had a Great time . I noticed I had some crud and barnacles on the bottom .So before putting back in the water . I put the boat up on blocks pulled the trailer and sanded her down and applied 2 coats of an ablative black from Sherwin williams paints (Only took 2 days ).My friend turned me on to this source . Now I will see how it holds up . I usually do bottome job every year but this last year its been about 18 months because of Hurricane irma to much work around the House .

The good side was i gained 6 mph and now up to 21 mph at 4000rpm and at 3500rpm 15-16 mph and WOT is 5600rpm at 34 mph . and a lot better fuel mileage over 4 mpg Jim

00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim. Yup, barnacles not good, for sure. Amazing how fast those crummy critters and the associated green fuzz can sneak up on you. How long were you on the water that trip and what size were they. I know on my North end Vancouver Island trip I had those succors in 48 days. Good you got the cure now. Wink

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: barnacles Reply with quote

No Harvey it was from keeping the boat in Naples bay for almost 18 months I usually pull out boat for maintenance once a year .oil change lower unit and paint up bottom . But last year was crazy with hurricane Irma. We had so much work cutting up trees and fixing after Irma that the boat was a later priority . But all is Good now . I love that new Merc. 115CT Around the marina it has so much torque for docking and handling .
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, even with bottom paint, guess 18 months was just stretching it a bit Laughing

Harvey
SleepyC Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: