View previous topic :: View next topic  
knot flying

City/Region: Charlestown
State or Province: RI
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: R-27 Tug
Vessel Name: ILLUSIONS
Photos: Knot Flying
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Looking for 3 weeks of temporary storage Reply with quote

Hi,

Two of us are doing a trip in June on the Redo and the Trent Severn, ending in Severn. We are looking for a spot at the end of the strip in Severn to store the rigs and then retrieve the boats to haul home. Storage would be for about 3 weeks while we cruise down from Ottawa. Not looking for it to be free, just a safe spot at or near a marina with a ramp near by.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great trip! June will be a good time as well, warm and not as busy as after July 1. If you did the trip backwards you could end with fireworks in Ottawa on July 1 - just a thought.

I have relatives in Severn Township with a farm but they would be quite a distance from a marina or ramp.

There are lots of marina's close to the lock at Severn. Most at the top. When we arrived at the top of the lock the blue line was full so we tied up to wait. Somebody told us unless we were heading out into Georgian Bay there was no point in locking down. There is limited space to tie up at the bottom of the lock. We decided to stay the night at the top of the lock.

If you need any help with phone #'s for the marina's or anything just ask! I have an album of the Trent with comments on each pic if you want to check it out. The Rideau is on my bucket list!

Regards, Rob

journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did the trip in '07 and had the same problem as you: where to store the truck/trailer. We launched in Orillia, Lake Simcoe and stored the rig in the parking lot across the street. Free and nothing went wrong.

We went south to Peterburg and then north to Midland, where we got a ride back to the rig. Here's the story of the trip Trent Severn Canal and Georgian Bay. Here's to Bill and Joyce Sims, a couple we meet in Peterborough, who live in Midland. I'm also sure there's bus service between Port Severn and Orilla.

Boris
Moxieabs

City/Region: Cape Neddick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Widget
Photos: Widget
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knot Flying
Check in with KingfisherII, I sent him an email. Did the TS & Georgian Bay last summer with a launch & storage in Port Severn at the Driftwood Cove Marine Resort.

Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We left our truck and trailer at Bush's Marina in Port Severn while we cruised last Aug. and Sept. Nice people, good secure parking and low price. If you do go there tell them HI, from the boaters from Utah. Call and talk to them.

http://bushsmarina.com/

Brent and Dixie,
1984 22' Classic sold 2003
2003 24' TomCat sold 2005
2006 TC255 Discovery Sold 2020
2006 CD 22' Angler Sold 2014
https://share.delorme.com/FBrentBetenson
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Deem(Will C) also left his rig at Bush's Marina when they did the Trent a couple of years ago in their Ranger Tug. I havn't stayed there myself but we ate in the restaurant and filled up with gas there before heading back east and they treated us good.

I have also heard good reports of the Driftwood Marina but not sure about their parking situation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: