Pandy Girl

City/Region: Westfield, NC
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Pandy Girl
Photos: Pandy Girl
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following You Jim & Sandy Jessup (Pandy Girl)
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, where are you guys?

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
B&B Burks

City/Region: Green Valley
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again friends, another up date from C-Pearl and team Bob & Betsy. We did go to Panama City and stayed at St Andrews Marina. Great stop and very helpful marina personnel. We stayed 2 days and enjoyed being off the boat and walking around in the revitalized historic district. Then we were off to Apalachicola, and remembered from a former visit good food at the Taproom, which didn’t disappoint. Too short a stay there because of possible weather windows from Carrabelle to Steinhatchee. We should have stayed longer, we like this little town.

Carrabelle is ok but we were looking for our first long gulf crossing. The marinas in Carrabelle are not floating docks and there are only certain times we can both get off the boat, tide charts become very important.
We went to a local festival and everyone was enjoying the time. Kim at c-Quarters Marina was very helpful and knew lots about weather. Our last night there a large boat came to the marina dock and I helped land her. There was a delivery skipper in charge of the boat and surprise, surprise the first mate on the boat was our own Mike Byrd. He recognized both C-Pearl and us. We only spent a little time together for he was busy with the boat and we left at o dark 30 the next a.m. Small world and good catch up.

Next was Steinhatchee after an approximately 85 mile gulf crossing. Just over 5 hours. Uneventful. The marina, Sea Hag , is basically a fisherman spot, but it worked for us. This is an adventure you know, so any port is good in need. You get what I mean.

Still wanting more experience of what they call The Foregotten Coast, we ventured up the Suwannee River a little ways. The name was the calling and a very small laid back place it is. Definitely old Florida, but we only had a brief stay. On the out, in the main channel the boat stopped. We have been there before and we were going very slow, so we backed her off, found the other channel and beat a hasty retreat. Gratefully no harm done. Then on to Tarpon Springs, another 80 plus open water trip, also uneventful. Pat Anderson’s blog describes Tarpon Springs very well.

We are now in Clearwater and probably our next stop will be Sarasota. Will be starting the crossing of the Okeechobee Waterway soon. Really looking forward to that part of this journey. But have friends in Naples we hope to touch base with first.
Life is good with us and we are enjoying what each day brings. Hope it is good for you all too.
ken35216

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are getting to my favorite cruising ground. After this I'm not much help.

St Pete Municipal marina is really cool as you are in downtown St Pete. Walking distance to tons of restaurants and always something going on. However, not floating docks and can be hard to get on and off the boat for some.

Marina Jacks is my favorite in Sarasota. Floating docks and a blast to walk the docks and see all the BIG BOY YACHTS. Take an Uber/Taxi over to St Armands Circle. Wife will love it and fantastic restaurants. Also, 2 nice restaurants right at the marina. Publix not far... there are 2 of them and one is not so close (don't ask me how I know this after walking 4-5 miles! lol)

Boca Grande Marina on Gasprailla Island is really nice and you can rent a golf cart and explore.

If you like to anchor Cayo Costa is fun but a little south is....

My favorite marina in all the world. South Sea Resort (used to be Plantation until the PC crowd took over) on Captiva Island. It's first class and beautiful. No floating docks but the tide is not too bad. Wonderful restaurant right at the marina. You will see manatee every time you visit. Dolphin running up and down the quay wall. Its a paradise. Also take the trolley into town to a small grocery and nice restaurants. The Mucky Duck in town is were everyone goes to watch the sunset and have a cocktail.

At the bottom of Sanibel Island is Sanibel Marina. Cool marina and great restaurant at the marina. You can rent a car for cheap within 1/2 mile for a day or so. Outlet mall right across the bridge on the mainland. Drive over and see the Edison and Ford museum. Very cool!
ken35216

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One place I want to try and if it's as cool as I think it will be it will be really cool! It's only accessible by smaller boats which means a C-Dory will be perfect. Very out of the way and not known about but in the middle of eveything.

Shipwreck Motel In St Myers beach and right in the middle of everything.

Damn. Just called. No water and no power. Damn.
Snider

City/Region: Charleston
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Kestrel Dawn
Photos: Kestrel Dawn
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: C-Pearl Sighting Reply with quote

Hey Bob,

I think we passed you guys yesterday just North of Charleston. My friend has a boat and two slips at Ashley marina, he sent a pic of your boat the day before. Sorry I didn't know you were in town. I thought it may be you guys when we saw you, should have hailed on the vhf but the kids were being a little difficult, lol. Anyway beautiful boat, let us know if you need anything while you're in the area.

B&B Burks

City/Region: Green Valley
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: C-Pearl
Photos: C-Pearl
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon, thanks for the post, yours was one of the few C-Dorys we have seen on the water and I should have radio you. A missed opportunity. We are now in Little Water and heading for Southport today on the northern trek. We should cross our wake in the next 2 weeks and our adventure on the water will be over, then a long pull to Arizona. Sorry we did not make contact.
Bob
Snider

City/Region: Charleston
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: Kestrel Dawn
Photos: Kestrel Dawn
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Long Bay Reply with quote

I use to sail out of Little River in the Long Bay Sailing Association, good people up there. I realized after we crossed paths that we probably won’t see many C-Dory’s in our neck of the woods. Hope you have good weather and a pleasant finish to your journey. Next time we cross paths we’ll have a chat and take a few photos .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: