The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Lake of the Woods ON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
canuck

City/Region: Winnipeg
State or Province: MB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Lake of the Woods ON Reply with quote

Hi,

We are looking at the Cdory lineup to see if it wold be a suitable boat for us. Is there anyone in the Kenora ON area who owns one that we could see in action? WE have a remote property to commute to - but are a bit concerned about the performance of these boats in chop - which is typical in our area. Thanks in advance!
C-Green

City/Region: Houghton
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Green
Photos: C-Green
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearest one I know of is Moose in International Falls. He's on Rainy Lake. I can message him on this site with your info if you are interested. I boat Lake Superior which has some chop; if you have trim tabs and a Perma trim or equivalent you will do fine but even with them when the chop is above 3 feet you slow down to 7 - 9 knots or it's not even close to fun.

Jay
canuck

City/Region: Winnipeg
State or Province: MB
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great if you could put me in contact with him.

Perhaps i should define what i mean by chop. Lake of the Woods is some larger water with lots of interspersed islands. During a windy day its rare to get more than 2.5 - 3 foot waves - more common is between say 1-3 feet/ we currently have a Lund alaskan v bottom with which we commute - but looking for something with more weather protection and better on fuel. Most of th time i can cruise with it comfortably around 30-30 mph - but when it gets rougher (1-3 feet) i slow down to say 20 mph. Would love to experience first rather than buy - but not many around here to get the hands on i would like. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: