The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

The Nashville Skyline Cumberland & Tennessee Rivers Crui
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not been on in a while. This is awesome. Might want to add Celina TN to your map as where the bridge goes over the Cumberland and the Obe comes into the Cumberland is the beginning of navigable waters of the Cumberland. Once to depart Nashville and headed upstream they old hickory lock n dam....the real Cumberland begins. Hurry all you want but beyond here is a very peaceful upriver run with anchorages by the dozens.
Sorry I can’t commit as these are my home waters.

C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 sold again.. May 2020
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hu #14 - Bought her again - May16
Aloysius, Sold to Brother Mike Mar16
Aloysius, Hull # 440 RF-246
C-Byrd, CD18A, Hull #14 Sold May09
TC24, Hull #51, Sold Feb06
CD16A, Sold Dec03
Never Deny Yourself The Pleasure of Helping Others.
Mike

City/Region: mount juliet
State or Province: TN
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: GYPSY
Photos: GYPSY
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Nashville Skyline... Reply with quote

Hello Jim,
Mike Byrd here. Brother Patrick aka “Byrdman”, alerted me to your anticipated river cruise! I live on Old Hickory Lake, Cumberland River mm233.5 RBA. Wife B and myself enjoy cruising our Cumberland & Tennessee Rivers. Cordell Hull is one of our favorite places to do some slow, quiet, beautiful cruising. Y’all get in our area give us a call,text, email or just holler REAL loud!
My dock hs room to dock two boats, one on either side an farting room for more. Limited to one 30a, 110v shore power. 10-15 minutes to ANYTHING you might need. Go barefoot a lot but, yep, we’ve got a car😂!
Majbyrd@tds.net
615-218-9428
PS: be nice to see y’all and Dr. Bob!

Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikie.

Thanks for the shout out. We will be going right by your place on our second day of cruising down the Cumberland River.

We will be sure to give our own Shout out as we go by. You look to be right between our Shady Cove Marina and Shelby Street Bridge Transient Dock destinations.

jennykatz

City/Region: naples
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: gathering Reply with quote

what time will you meet on Sept 10th and what marina or park? We will be coming up from Naples it should take us 2 day drive ( Cant leave until Sep 8th )depending if coming myself or not . Jim W .
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be leaving at 8:00 am on September 10. That will be a big day for us as we have a substantial distance to go that day and a lock to transit. We will be launching the night before.
jennykatz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Gathering Reply with quote

Maybe meet up on hickory lake on 11th we will have to see how the drive goes JimW
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill on Mystery Girl, who just finished this trip in the opposite direction that we will take, was kind enough to upload some Anchorage information as well as his chartplotter track. I have updated the Points of Interest Map with his track and will work to include other data that he has put together

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HzwpSMu1cQdjdkNQGDDFPCTh0eI&usp=sharing

Thanks again Bill and congratulations on the completion of your Tennessee and Cumberland River adventure. We hope to follow in your footsteps.

Far C'r - 2001 Cdory 22
Bluechablis - 1992 NorSea 27
Quarter Note - 1972 Cris Craft Sloop
Palantir - 1971 31 Mariner Ketch (Far Seer in Elvish)
Aphrodite - 42 Ft Schooner Jay Benford Design
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Change the name of our boat on the Roster to "Thataway".

Thanks,

Bob

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Dr. Bob.

Will do Thataway!

Jim on M/V Pounder.
jennykatz

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: gathering Reply with quote

where will we be on sept11?
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On September 11 we will be at Shady Cove Marina heading to Shelby Street Bridge Transient Dock (Nashville) for Wednesday and Thursday (September 12 and 13).

I will send out a complete trip itinerary in a few days, including truck parking information and marina accommodations.

Jim & Kath
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All Nashville Skyline Cumberland and Tennessee River C-Dory Cruise Participants.

We have finished our planning for the trip. A few highlights:

• 300 NM down the Cumberland River with 3 Locks to transit
• 440 NM up the Tennessee River with 5 Locks to transit
• Trip leaves from Grandville (Wildwood) Marina (Tennessee) at 8:00 AM on Monday, September 10th
• Trip ends at City of Chattanooga Transient docks and Tennessee River Park Boat Ramp on Wednesday, September 26th
• The trip definitely ends at Chattanooga, and not Knoxville, as the trip is already 740 NM long and 17 days in total on the water
• We average approximately 50 NM per day over the 15 moving days on the water
• We have budgeted two days at Nashville to see the sights and 2 days at Chattanooga to pull our rigs out of the water
• The trip itiniary lists a Marina every night as a destination with gas and food. There also are many anchorage and wildlife areas along the way that we can discuss during the trip. Some may want to anchor out more and are welcome to do so
• Unfortunately we cannot park our trucks and trailers long-term at our Grandville Marina launch spot. I could not find any other public place nearby to safely park. I did find a local fishing guide who lives down the road from Grandville Marina where we can safely park our rigs with him for our 17-day water trip
• It is approximately 123 road miles from Chattanooga back to Grandville to get our rigs. We can all rent a car in Chattanooga to do this and it should be a relatively easy retrieval.

Action Steps:

If you are planning on going on this trip please indicate if you want to use the parking that I found. Also, indicate what day you will be bringing your rig to the farm. I need to get back to the fishing guide and let him know how many rigs we will be parking on his farm.

Floyd and I are planning on bringing our truck and trailer to his farm on Sunday, September 9th sometime. We will give him $50 up front, and $50 on retrieval, Wednesday, September 26, 2018. The total cost is $100, or $5.86 per day for each truck and trailer.

Because I do not know how to add a spread sheet PDF attachment to this site, if you would like a detailed trip itiniary for each day and place, please provide me your email, either on this site or through a message and I will email the plan to you as an attachment.

The three-page spread sheet includes marina destinations by day, with daily trip miles and the river mile marker miles. Also, marina facilities are listed along with telephone numbers. The Grandville address for the fishing guide parking is provided.

This is a long trip for us West Coast people. We have budgeted 6 full days driving each way. The road portion of the trip for us is approximately 5,000 miles in total, with one on-the-road oil change. This is a serious trip for us and we are looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard.

Jim & Kath
Bluechablis

City/Region: Redondo Beach
C-Dory Year: 2001
Vessel Name: Far C'r
Photos: Far C'r
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put Jim's Itinerary on my shared drive that anyone can access here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U2UCSz7SLnDqWQfIqWRWo-mepTeaNCVJ

Looking to scratch another off the "Bucket List"
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a serious trip! What else would I expect from Jim and Kath?

We have made more than 50 trips back and forth between the two coasts--most to S. Calif, but a number to the PNW thru the last 60 years. We generally do an oil change just before we leave, and then one when we return. If there is any question then an option might be to be running synthetic oil (a whole other subject) in the trucks.

The trip is fun, and goes by fast. Weather, and the occasional highway delay are the unknown factors. Six days should be plenty of time. We had over 4 hours total delay due to accidents and heavy traffic on our recent 1600 mile trip to North Carolina and back a week ago.

We are in for the parking at the local fishing guide. We will leave the Mississippi River gathering early on the 9th, and should launch on the late afternoon of the 9th. We should have the rig ready to park before dark on the 9th.

We will probably meet up with Marie's cousin in Nashville, where they live. (Actually a number of family members there). The cousin spent 6 months sailing with us on Locura (our 62' ketch) going from Acapulco to Florida with us when he was 20 years old--35 years ago! He will be very interested in our group.

We will probably go on up the Tennessee from Chattanooga to Knoxville, where Marie has another cousin. Most likely we will have them take us to the Guide's farm--and we will make arrangements for the extended parking there.

Thanks to Bluechablis for putting all of this information on his web site.

A huge Shout Out to Jim and Kath for planning and arranging such a fantastic trip.

Thanks! We are looking forward to the adventure. But Marie is bringing her fishing rod!
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,
I will be leaving the Alton Marina early that Sunday AM before the cruise, and it'll be a full days drive to get over to Granville. I'm on my way to Seattle now, and will be back home the end of June or first of July. I need to look at the itinerary a bit more and see if it might be more advantageous for me to meet you guys on the water a day later. It would likely be late evening to join you Sunday night, and I'm not an early launcher! lol! I won't be able to give you an answer on parking until sometime earlier in July. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: