Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second the doctor, for the reasons he outlined.

Hey, Harvey, you got me on that speed comment. But what's a fella to do when he has all that power just begging to be undomesticated? But yet another feature I like about C-Dory's is the hull allows us to travel pretty darn straight at 7 knots for as long as we like. I like that speed a lot.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Making my own Reply with quote

gpage3 wrote:
So now for the important stuff.
Where should I place the boats name, on the white sides below the windows or on the maroon stripe towards the rear? ? How large of letters should I use? Decisions, decisions! CoolSmile

Since you asked, here is what I learned. I put my vinyl lettering on the cabin sides, below the window and just behind the leading edge of the window, and made them nice and large and with an easy to read font. I believe the lettering is 8". That makes it easy to read from pretty far off, BUT, I have to be careful when walking the gunnel/deck going forward to be careful I don't scuff the lettering. Doing it again, I might consider placing the name just forward of the nav lights on the cabin trunk or (some might call it the dog house curve). I would say it depends on how long a came you want to use, as the longer it is the harder it would be to read as it goes around the curve to face forward.

You can see my album of the process here:

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
I'll second the doctor, for the reasons he outlined.

Hey, Harvey, you got me on that speed comment. But what's a fella to do when he has all that power just begging to be undomesticated? But yet another feature I like about C-Dory's is the hull allows us to travel pretty darn straight at 7 knots for as long as we like. I like that speed a lot.

Alright Brock, Enjoy, you earned that ride Hot And truely, after all those years as a sailor, I never did figure the logic on pulling on "sheets" to adjust the main Embarassed

But I do love that quiet, slow cruise too.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: