View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpage3

City/Region: Pendleton SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Eressëa
Photos: Eressëa
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Said I was ready! Reply with quote

I getting a 5 AM start for Crystal River Florida tomorrow morning. I will most likely come home with my decision!
If you pressed me right now I's say the Venture 23' will be my choice. The available boats are C 25 C 2 and C Venture 23.
Wish me luck!!

journey on

City/Region: Valley Centre
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: journey on
Photos: Journey On
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is before 5 am, East Coast Time. So if you're considering a 25 in the mix, ask your significant other how she likes the separate head in the 25. Just wondering when the last time you used a porti-pottie, hidden under the V-berth. I'm not really fond of those memories and neither is Judy.

Granting that the 25 is a bigger boat to tow and launch, though it certainly doesn't need a diesel.

Boris
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a ride on each of the boats while you are there. Have a great trip.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A venture 23 might be a good compromise too. I am 6'4" and 250lbs. The 22 was a bit "tight" for me but the 23 is just fine. its no yacht but it works well for us. It does not have an enclosed head but its never been a problem for us.
"And it is an interesting biological fact that all of us have, in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and, therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch it, we are going back from whence we came. " -JFK
gpage3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: New Purchase Reply with quote

I made the trip to Chrystal River, Fla. and back home to Charlotte...time down 8.5 hours, time back 9 hours towing my new Venture 23!.
I had a very good experience the three days.
The drive down was easy, starting out at 5:30 AM. The drive back was a little more eventful.
The boat traveled on the dual axle trailer like butter. However when I went over the multiple bridges on I 95 the experience was more like crunchy peanut butter. The poor quality of the road would set up a vibration behind the truck and at 70 MPH the 3000 lb. boat would start to move the truck around!

My experience at Three Rivers Marine was outstanding. Geof Goodell sold me the boat and was a very fair and helpful person to deal with. In fact each and every person there from Mike the owner to the multiple crew in the garage did an excellent job.

As for the boat ...WOW. I am so pleased with my choice. If you have not yet had a chance to see the Venture line try and check it out. We took it for a test ride and with the 150 Honda the boat made it all so pleasant.

Ill come back and give more information, but if my wife has to cal lme one more time to dinner, there will be NO dinner for me!
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the New Boat. When it was noted that a 23 had been sold, I wondered if it was yours! It should fly with the 150!

70 mph might be a little fast for the trailer--check and see what speed the tires are rated for? Also I would be surprised if the 23 only is 3,000 # on the trailer. It might be interesting to put the rig on a scale and find out...

I always have a strap either from the stern eyes or across the cockpit to the trailer frame.
Ordutch1975

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Vessel Name: Boatless :-(
Photos: PennyBridge
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the club - we love our venture too. I agree with the above post I’d say mine is closer to 5k loaded. The first night I brought it home I slept in the birth in my driveway haha. I agree the weight is more than 3k. When I got mine the bunk “rails” needed to be adjusted a little. I would agree with the above post I think loaded the boat with my two engines fuel gear and water is closer to 5k. I hope you enjoy many great Ventures Smile. ( your boat is my twin - they literally built it next to mine )

Congrats again!
H
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I know you're a happy happy man!!

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations..........and my bet is you are only one on this forum with a 2018 C-Dory owner signature
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpage3, as other guys have said, you will love that boat. I have the same motor on my 23 and today I hit 39.5 MPH with some RPM's still available. The small, subtle rollers from Cattle Pass caused too much pounding, so I'll try for 40 MPH another day. It delivered 3.4 MPG mostly against the tide, but I can figure about 1 MPG more with the tide.

Just a 68 mile day-jaunt to the San Juans and back today, but if it was a summer travel day I could have doubled that total. It's such a capable and comfortable little cruiser.
Have fun with your new friend! And Ordutch1975, I most likely would have slept in the boat on its trailer that first night, too! I always have to tear myself away from my plastic lovetub at trip's end.
Love
gpage3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: New Captian Reply with quote

The only splash so far was in Florida on the day of purchase. Home the next day I could not account for all the small red spots raised on both my arms and back. Then I recalled, at the ramp the guys from Three Rivers Marina and I were attacked by swarms of little insects, noseeums. Nasty!

I had to get right back to work when I returned (or else sell my boat!) I have it tucked away on gravel at a nearby storage facility.

It is a bit of a learning curve for me getting the trailer correct in turns, drove it over to gas up and had to have help missing the poll pump protector. On one occasion I hit my turn signal housing but did no put it out of commission. At a gas station when I heard a bump my immediate thought was I failed to check the roof height. WOW...false alarm!

I have never operated a power boat. As I mentioned this is a transition from sailing. The biggest challenge for now is on the road.
BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:
"my plastic lovetub".
Love

Priceless!
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpage3, Congrats on the new boat. You are going to love it. Nope, not the same as sailing but you are still only feet from the water. Very Happy Yes, it will have some learning curve, some of us take longer than others, (Witness Catman doing 39MPH in a V-23. Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago he was still a dyed in the wool calm and quiet 16er Laughing

The overhead bump ??? just remember to put the Antenna down at the ramp. (Might be a good idea to measure your bridge clearance and put a reminder note in the tow rig too. Embarassed

Enjoy and stay safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

gpage3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Making my own Reply with quote

So now for the important stuff.
Where should I place the boats name, on the white sides below the windows or on the maroon stripe towards the rear? ? How large of letters should I use? Decisions, decisions! CoolSmile
thataway

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Majority of the C Brats put the name on the cabin trunk. There is a chance of docks and fenders causing damage on the the hull. I usually put 4 to 6" letters depending on the boat. I did put the name on the hull on the 25 and the 255 Tom Cat. The 25 and my first 22 were documented.

I find the letters on the side of the cabin are easier for other boats to see--especially at a gathering--when you may have 15 to 30 boats which are similar.
But, whatever you like--also the same is true of if you want script of unusual types of letters or other graphics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: