The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

22 Angler questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheepshead

City/Region: hilton head
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Photos: Sheepshead
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: 22 Angler questions Reply with quote

Is there a bimini or camperback made for the 22 angler, or do folks usually have these custom made? Seems like I see products that are built to fit the cruiser models only from King Marine etc. The bimini that is on mine currently looks more like it is made for a cruiser. From memory I'd say it covers about 2/3 of the cockpit.

Also I see on some of the older model of Anglers, that many of them have a small dinette table. The one I am committing to looks to be stock but it has just a forward facing seat with some odd space behind it.
Are these easily converted back to small dinette table?

Thanks.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you live in S. C. , I would recommend a local custom built, camper back. That way you can get exactly what you want. I have seen varying quality of the camper backs from King. The one I currently had apparently came with the boat when new--and is of good quality. I bought an "after market" king for my 25, because I didn't have time to get a local one made...and it was a lesser quality than the one I have now....I suspect that they may vary from person who sews, and quality materials they choose.

For your area I would get "no see em" screens, and at least 30 mil sheet clear vinyl, zip out "U", with velcro to the ceiling windows. Also that way you can totally inclose the splash well if you so desire. (If you have time come to the Hontoon gathering, and look at different boat's camper backs..)

I cannot address a table, but I suspect that it could be done fairly easily, however you will not have the galley and full dinette of the cruiser. Another thought would be to put swivel seats for helm and navigator, and put take down table in the center of the boat on a single pedestal base. I would probably raise the floor, and recess the pedestal mount if I were doing that. Good hunting..and fishing..

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Sheepshead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, I will check into local canvas workers.
That’s funny.....I’m naming my boat the No See Em.
Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 2/3 rds cockpit covering bimini you have now was probably made that way on purpose to not interfere with fishing.

The casting, handling of rods with fish on, and the like are greatly interfered with by a cockpit cover of any type.

Some fishermen/women like a totally open boat that can be walked around with a fish on from stern to bow and back again.

Even walking around a cabin presents somewhat of an obstacle, as with the CD-22's.

The best solution to this is an open bow boat with a center console, but there's very little weather protection on such a rig.

If you get a new bimini and the old one is in good usable shape or better, list the old one for sale here on C-Brats as someone else with a 22 Angler or Cruiser (or a CD-19) who fishes a lot may well be interested in it.

Note: A cheap solution to the sun (but not all weather) protection vs. fishing clearance conflict is a big sombrero, or some other headgear. Do you prefer the Jose Siesta look or the Lawrence of Arabia one? Laughing

Joe. Teeth Thumbs Up

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheepshead wrote:
Thanks Bob, I will check into local canvas workers.
That’s funny.....I’m naming my boat the No See Em.

Cool Name. Even better if you are a motorcycle Laughing (at least you have to ride that way.)

Are you going to spell it "No C em" Question

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Sheepshead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably spell it No See Um, though I thought about adding the C.
The name kind of goes along with what I'll be using her for. She'll be a blackwater dive boat for megaladon teeth!

Not really sure I would want the bimini on most occasions either. They look really cool on all the pics I see, and I imagine it would be a great addition to my space if I did some overnighting on the boat. I'm just brainstorming at this point while I wait on the boat to arrive.

Thanks for all the replies.
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned 2 anglers now. first one was a 1983 22 classic and now have a 1995 angler . there is a ton of difference in the two. in both cases I have taken the table out to have more room for three people and day gear for shrimping and fishing trips. I have 2 table that are up for grabs free. It would probably be spendy to ship one to SC from WA tho.
1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: