HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

New Guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corylawrencebusby

City/Region: Bakersfield
State or Province: CA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: New Guy Reply with quote

To whom it may concern,

I am in the process of purchasing a 19' Angler. I am open to any info people are willing to share and excited to start this process. For me it all started a decade or two ago when I was a young man looking for adventure. I was coming down from the Bering sea after crab fishing. We were getting set up for the start of salmon season. Switching from chasing crabs to Tendering for salmon. It was morning and the salmon charter boats were taking off for the day. I saw this little boat whizzing past and I go oh that is a cute boat...sarcastically! Through time I ID the maker and did research. I believe it to be a good choice for me at the moment and I am search of a 19' Angler. I believe it to be a very Skookum built boat and versatile. Any advice or ideas before I purchase I truley appreciate your time.

South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 19's are great (like all C Dorys). The only issue I see is finding one. They are probably the hardest to find. Once you find one you better be ready to pounce on it!

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
rbfconstruction

City/Region: huntington beach
State or Province: CA
Photos: Angler Management
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: new guy Reply with quote

Jason is correct. I purchased mine from Idaho and It was originally in Florida.
I recommend getting current pictures, and plenty. See there is no water or mold in the bow storage. Find a reputable company to have it towed to you or plan to go after it. Try to get a good inspection on the motor. (in writing) with a compression and hours list. I can go on and on. I am also in CA. call if you would like. 714-675-4856
Richard

Welcome, I am new here myself but you will love all the help and intelligence in this new family.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 19 for sale in Alabama. The other one for sale, was taken off the market a couple of days ago. Look at the rt. lower section of the Home page for C Dory for sale by owner. Also look on Boat Trader and do a search for C Dory 19 for sale. Many who buy the 19, upgrade to a 22 shortly. They are basically the same boat, with 3' cut of of the middle--and thus a shorter cabin. If you want it for only day fishing--then the 19 is just as good as the 22. Some have adapted them for cruising, but the 22 is probably a better cruising boat.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New Guy Reply with quote

corylawrencebusby wrote:
To whom it may concern,

I am in the process of purchasing a 19' Angler. I am open to any info people are willing to share and excited to start this process. For me it all started a decade or two ago when I was a young man looking for adventure. I was coming down from the Bering sea after crab fishing. We were getting set up for the start of salmon season. Switching from chasing crabs to Tendering for salmon. It was morning and the salmon charter boats were taking off for the day. I saw this little boat whizzing past and I go oh that is a cute boat...sarcastically! Through time I ID the maker and did research. I believe it to be a good choice for me at the moment and I am search of a 19' Angler. I believe it to be a very Skookum built boat and versatile. Any advice or ideas before I purchase I truley appreciate your time.

Where were you tendering at ? Mr. Green Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: