The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

ISO 22' Angler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Sheridan

City/Region: Skagway
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: ISO 22' Angler Reply with quote

Greetings from Skagway Alaska!

I'm a third-generation salmon junkie. My grandfather operated a salmon charter out of Ilwaco, WA back in the incredible 70's, and my father was privileged to grow up as a deck-hand. I first came to Alaska on a Halibut charter with my grandfather in 2004 out of Petersburg, and have been hooked on Alaska ever since!

I have been window-shopping for boats for the last 4 years. I used to own a 15' Livingston Pacific Skiff, and have managed to catch halibut and salmon out of the northern Lynn Canal. For it's size it was incredibly capable of handling rougher water. However, after a few adrenaline-packed experiences where the tide changed and the wind picked up, I decided to part with it. I was telling myself I would save up for a Hewescraft Ocean Pro or other similiar welded-aluminum boat, but my eye keeps getting snagged by the C-Dory! It seems to be the most practical for my purposes. They remind me very much of my old hull, only with the added benefit of a hard top.

There is a TomCat in my town as well as a 16' angler, but I have yet had the privilege to see in person what I'm certain that I've been looking for!

For my intended uses and purposes, I am pretty well sold on a 22' Angler to fish 2-4 adults efficiently. Over the course of the next 2 years, I intend to make this investment after finding the elusive "one".

I would love to see one in person before I commit to this decision. I'd love even more to experience it on the water next summer (I'd cover fuel).

Is there anyone in South East Alaska, preferably no further south than Juneau, who possesses a 22' angler or cruiser, that would be willing to let me get a closer look sometime in the next year?

Thanks and God Bless!
Edwin

City/Region: Edmonton
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Lady C
Photos: LADY C
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bud
I am no help to you as far as showing you my Angler but if fishing is your thing, then you are on the right track with the 22' Angler.
We bottom fish many times with four adults and lots of room when we are out crabbing for the pots and pails. We like salmon fishing with three men on board and and I have three seats up front for the travel times.
Lots more cruisers on this site so you will get lots of good advantages from those folks on their boats. I love anything that floats so no negatives from me about other choices.
Have fun looking around.
Ed
Bud Sheridan

City/Region: Skagway
State or Province: AK
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, thanks for the reply! Fishing is definitely the focus, just want the wife to be comfortable while we are out so I can go fishing more often haha. I feel like I'm on the right track. Lady C is gorgeous by the way, but you already knew that!
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud: Can you please send me some smoked Salmon?! Lol

Good luck in your search sir.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: