The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2006C Dory 25 for sale in Pensacola for $49,900 unusual int.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: 2006C Dory 25 for sale in Pensacola for $49,900 unusual int. Reply with quote

I happened to find this when looking at pictures of C Dory fittings: It is listed with a reputable broker on Boat Trader. I have never seen this boat around. I can go take a look at it if anyone is interested.

What is unique about it, is that the cabin layout is not standard. There is a large locker, drawer cabinet on the port side aft, and then the dinette is pushed forward, and there is no option for a forward facing "navigator seat" This gives the boat a huge amount of storage. It also has an Engle refer/freezer built on slides under the cabinet, as I had in my Tom Cat. Boat has roof top air conditioning, and solar panel. No windlass,

The down side is that the Honda 135 has 1500 hours, so a re-power might be in order. Of course the seller should have listed it with Wefings!

Boat Trader ad. I am not recommending or endorsing this boat or its sale, just found it interesting interior, and boat.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how he has drawers under the v-berth. Good use of space!

2017 25 Cruiser 200 Yamaha (2017-present)
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good price too. There are some decent mods on there. BoatTrader is such a crappy way to sell a boat though. I've used BoatTrader for all 3 of my C Dory's and had better luck on Craigs and C Brats! Free sites! IMO YachtWorld is the best site but then you'll need a broker to list it for you....

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
ken35216

City/Region: Destin, Florida
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Lady Onyx
Photos: ken35216
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
Good price too. There are some decent mods on there. BoatTrader is such a crappy way to sell a boat though. I've used BoatTrader for all 3 of my C Dory's and had better luck on Craigs and C Brats! Free sites! IMO YachtWorld is the best site but then you'll need a broker to list it for you....

When I look at boats I check Yachtworld, Boat Trader, Craigslist and if a C-Dory here so that's where I post them when I sell them (except for yacht world of course as they only post broker's boats). I've always had good success with all three and would rather sell the boats myself and save the commission. I know it's less stress with a broker but I like the control I have by selling myself.
bschell

City/Region: tustin
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: bschell 2003 22 Cuiser
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2006C Dory 25 for sale in Pensacola for $49,900 unusual Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
I happened to find this when looking at pictures of C Dory fittings: It is listed with a reputable broker on Boat Trader. I have never seen this boat around. I can go take a look at it if anyone is interested.

What is unique about it, is that the cabin layout is not standard. There is a large locker, drawer cabinet on the port side aft, and then the dinette is pushed forward, and there is no option for a forward facing "navigator seat" This gives the boat a huge amount of storage. It also has an Engle refer/freezer built on slides under the cabinet, as I had in my Tom Cat. Boat has roof top air conditioning, and solar panel. No windlass,

The down side is that the Honda 135 has 1500 hours, so a re-power might be in order. Of course the seller should have listed it with Wefings!

Boat Trader ad. I am not recommending or endorsing this boat or its sale, just found it interesting interior, and boat.
bschell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: I screwed that post up! 2nd try Reply with quote

Why is it that everybody gets so scared and thinks the engine needs a repower at 1500 hours? I run four strokes up to 3000 and 4000 hours off shore 60 miles for years chasing blue fin tuna. These engines are safer than your 401k and pay back better than your annuity??? Please be nice
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I screwed that post up! 2nd try Reply with quote

bschell wrote:
Why is it that everybody gets so scared and thinks the engine needs a repower at 1500 hours? I run four strokes up to 3000 and 4000 hours off shore 60 miles for years chasing blue fin tuna. These engines are safer than your 401k and pay back better than your annuity??? Please be nice

I don't think anyone is scared. But there's a reason why most commercial fishing rigs have diesels. Gas engines are just more prone to longevity issues. Do high hour gas engines exist and run well?? YES! Absolutely. But there's way more diesels.
thataway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: I screwed that post up! 2nd try Reply with quote

bschell wrote:

I believe it depends a lot on how they are run. Unfortunately often recreational boaters do not take care of the engines. Most of the high hour engines I have seen are in commercial use--CG, law enforcement, commercial and high hour recreational fishing, Tow Boat etc. Most of those are run every day--or at least every week. Many had only a few hours at WOT, and many hours at lower speeds--some mostly at idle.

I have a friend who bought a 25 recently with about 800 and some hours--the seller had claimed that the engine was always flushed. The second time he took the boat out--overheat. Final diagnosis, severe corrosion in the passages--the motor was toast.

So this would mean always flushed if in salt water, impellers changed regularly, no silt or sand into the intake, oils changed regularly, run at conservative speeds, and not overly run at WOT.

The reality is unless you tear the engine down--look at the passages, check oil regularly for wear, borescope, do compression tests etc you don't know with any engine. But the chances are that the higher hour engine is going to be more likely to have issues. Obviously bschell is the exception. I have never had an outboard which I had to scrap--and I had a two stroke which had over 2000 hours on it..
bschell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Confused... Reply with quote

South Of Heaven, Did I miss a post? who said anything about commercial fishing rigs or diesel engines????? I am talking about PB (private Boaters) C-Brat people.
bschell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thataway, You are a mighty presence.... So, how would you argue? would you invest in a 10 year old C-Dory with a Yamaha engine with 100 hours? or, with a 10 year old C-Dory with 1500 hours? You said... most people don't take care of their engines, new or old, high hours or low? Sounds like a roll of the dice? or, better yet just repower!
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused... Reply with quote

bschell wrote:
South Of Heaven, Did I miss a post? who said anything about commercial fishing rigs or diesel engines????? I am talking about PB (private Boaters) C-Brat people.

Okay, I'm onboard with that then. I'd be fine with a high hour 4 stroke from a Brat if I can verify the maintenance. And most times you can get sense of their engine upkeep habits from talking to them.

I picked the brains of all three of the C Dory owners whose boats i bought.....and all 3 were different! Lol
thataway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bschell wrote:
So, how would you argue? would you invest in a 10 year old C-Dory with a Yamaha engine with 100 hours? or, with a 10 year old C-Dory with 1500 hours? You said... most people don't take care of their engines, new or old, high hours or low? Sounds like a roll of the dice? or, better yet just repower!

This is an excellent point--the average recreational outboard powered boater uses his boat less than 100 hours a year--probably closer to 50. I would feel best with good maintenance records, a clean engine, and basic testing--including a sea trail (My friend declined a sea trial). I bought my current 22 with 74 hours on the engine, at 5 years of age. (It now has close to 400 hours) No fear, There were good records, and the owner used it for a couple of years, and then used it little. I took a chance--sort of. I knew the carburetors had been rebuilt. I ran the engine on muffs.

The outboard with very low hours, has hoses that may need to be replaced, old fuel can ruin injectors as well as plug up carbs. It may not have been cared for either.

I would go for the moderate use, or low use, with records. I hope get over to see this 25 this week--but it is on a broker's lot, so unlikely there will be records. (no I am not buying another 25).

As for the diesels--there are many outboards which are, in commercial use, getting diesel like (more like the high speed diesels, not the old slow common rail, non electronic types) hours of use. But--for my cruising boats, I had slow speed diesels. The Cal 46 I owned had a tear down at 3500 hours, only because of an oil seal leakage (which could have been fixed in the boat). Currently that engine has over 12,000 hours. (after the rebuild) My RV has a slow speed main (average cruising RPM is 1600, generator is an 1800 RPM.) Definitely more longevity in the diesels...now that someone has mentioned them--but many of the light high speed diesels are not getting that longevity.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet that the average C-Brat takes better care of their outboard than the other average outboard owner. Just my opinion. Seems like most of our folks are way ahead of the typical boater on the ramp.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

SerenityPC

City/Region: Panama City
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Serenity II
Photos: Serenity
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: 25 footer in Pcola Reply with quote

I saw this boat over in Panama City 6 or 7 months ago and talks to the owner
I think they were living on it and were working on a sail boat docked next to it that they had just purchased . The Boat looked ok, but well used. I would say fair condition , but still a good price
CaptMac

City/Region: Amelia Island / Jacksonville
Photos: Blue Manatee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the flounder boat i have a 2000 honda 90 4s with over 3,100 hours on it. Runs purrfectly, i change the oil, filter and lower fluids myself, every year the impeller, plugs, never run it wide open.

http://www.floundergigging.com
Flounder Gigging Charters
"The Adventure of a Night-time"
904-556-0230 Cell/Text
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: