The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Tomcat 4-sale…Dang it!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OffLeash

City/Region: SEATTLE
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: OffLeash
Photos: OffLeash
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Tomcat 4-sale…Dang it! Reply with quote

Tomcat 4-sale (Dang it!)

$85,000 (Price Reflects 2016-2017 Refit and Upgrades)

2007 C-Dory Tomcat 255 “Off Leash” (Pictures on Off Leash Photo album.)

Things change dang nab it! After two years of refitting our Tomcat for our intended long-term ownership to cruise the PNW waters in retirement, and equipped with a trailer to expand our cruising grounds, a back injury puts me in a wheelchair…this sucks!

Here is the info:
Make: C Dory Tomcat255 LOA 25.5 with 8.5 beam for legal trailing (Serial # CDo25502L607) With trailer

Power: Twin, turbocharged Mercury VERADO, 150’s (~650 hrs.)
-Controls: DTS, Wireless (Fly-by-Wire) Shifting & Throttle Controls, Easy Hydraulic Steering at both forward and cockpit helms with Digital “Sea Craft” Engine monitoring system with docking controls make it easy to run. The Verado’s have Troll mode is so you don’t need a kicker.
-Speed/Range: 21 mph-25 cruising seems about right to me with top end over 40. The Turbocharge Verado’s with stainless steel props, have more than enough power to get her on plane even with overloaded cruising weight and full tanks. She gets about 1.6 to maybe 2.0 mpg depending on how it is loaded and you drive. There is a backup set of 4 blade aluminum props if you want lower plaining speed and better fuel economy with all emergency change tools and some other motor emergency repair parts so you don’t get stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Maintenance history available, Only Ethanol Free fuel has been used and engines have been religiously flushed with fresh water and saltway.
The 2017 Annual end of season maintenance kit (oils filters, spark plugs, zincs etc.) has been purchased but not installed yet.

Electronics: Integrated Furuno system that includes the large screen Furuno 10.4" (Multi Display Model 1834C/NT), FURUNO, 24" 4KW Marine Radar, FURUNO, Fish, finder/Depth Sounder Transducer with FURUNO, DFFI, DSM-30 Black Box Depth Sounder. -Charts: C-Map NT-Max Megawide Chart Card for Canada/Alaska (2016) and additional chart for lower 48
-VHF, ICOM IC-M422, Marine Transceiver with Remote Control Mic at aft helm Supported by 8ft Digital 529VW, VHF Antenna.

Electrical System Refit
-Starter Batteries: 2 group 27 West Marine Start Batteries for the Verado’s, (2015)
-House Bank: twin Dyno group 30 deep cycle 115 amp hour Marine house bank batteries (2016)
-Inverter: 1500 amp AC inverter (2017) for toaster oven and coffee maker with inside controls and plug for convenience. Has app for phone monitoring if you want.
- Charger: ProNautic 20 amp Charger (2017) -30 amp, Galvanic Isolator
- Solar Charger: 100 Amp Solar charger/controller added to Bimini 2017 with quick disconnect system. Bimini can be folded without removing.
- Additional: LED anchor and interior light upgrade, multiple additional 12v Outlets added for convenience.
- Entertainment: FM radio USB/Blue tooth/aux (2016) Powered FM/TV hidden antenna

Cruising comforts and upgrades:
-Full canvas enclosure (King (2016) with multiuse sunshades for cockpit
- Phifertex Plus light emitting privacy options (2017) with original Snap-On, Sunbrella matching charcoal privacy Coverings
-Upgraded interior upholstery (2017)
-Multi use expansion seat option (2017)
-Interior Carpet Runners (2)
-Breathable mattress cover upgrade (2017) to reduce mold buildup
-Helm floor storage step added
-Teak dash, Formica counter tops and common-sense storage added throughout the boat to make it warm but easy to clean.
Galley
- Wallace Diesel, ceramic top Stove/Cabin Heater (2017 Cleaned)
- Refrigerator AC/DC with additional insulation for increased efficiency
- 120 v, Hot Water Heater, 6 Gal
- Stainless Steel Sink (2017)
- Pressurized Fresh water (Pump 2017)
- Removable Helm seat to allow additional galley countertop
- Easy View Water tank level mirror
Head:
- Custom Sink in Head for convenience
- Marine Head with diverter value and Macerator Discharge pump rebuilt (2017)
- Fresh water on/off flush switch on Head to conserve fresh water use during long cruising
- Shower in Marine Head with privacy curtains with easy lock up straps
Fishing Support
- Scottie Downrigger mounts with 12v power installed but no Scotties downriggers.
- Additional Bimini mounts added to allow Bimini storage against bulkhead to open cockpit for fishing
- Unique Collapsible Crab Pot system
- Twin large fish tanks with macerator pumps that work
- High Pressure Salt water wash down for cockpit and anchor line
- Custom collapsible cutting and grill table over swim step with battery compartment storage space to keep clutter out of cockpit when not in use or fishing
- Aft helm for single handing crab or fish landing control.
Exterior:
- Heavy Duty SS Radar Arch
- Diver Swim Step with emergency ladder reachable from water
- SS, twin mount Fender Basket on radar arch to keep out them of the way.
- Convenient Fender mounts clips outside helm and navigator window for easy placement during docking.
- Zodiac High Pressure floor tender (Lightweight 55lbs for 3 people) with Electric High-Pressure inflator and anchor/landing lines.
- Custom Tender Davit system (Removable) and tender roof top mount to store and protect roof.
Ground tackle Package
-Pro Series, LEWMAR Anchor Windless
-Delta Anchor and locking roller, BBB Chain (30ft) and Rode (200ft)
-Spare Fortress (Collapsible in storage bag) with Rode and Chain
-Custom 300ft Stern line roller that collapses for out of the way storage when not in use
-Custom Mooring line for rapid attachment and other lines for various uses.
Trailer for easy transport:
-EZ-Loader 8500 TEZ, Tandem Axil, with Walk Way
-New Oil Emersion Bearings Sets (X4) - 2015
-New Brake Pads, Calipers, Rotors (X4) and Lines -- 2015
-Mounted Spare Tire, New

-Condition
- New bottom paint beginning of 2017 season.
- When not cruising, she has spent her life under cover at dock or on her trailer under cover during winter so she looks good.
- We have over 10,000 miles cruising and live aboard experience and with all the great idea from C-Brat blog I believe the boat has been refit with not only useful upgrades but ones that been done correctly.
- Since we are leaving boating there are all the things that people normally remove that will stay with the boat so you can spend money on bait and beverage vs stuff. Even goofy things like a hammock for aft cockpit naps, self-inflating life vest, etc stay… If you want you can even have galley stuff.

Sad

kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomcat 4-sale…Dang it! Reply with quote

OffLeash wrote:
[b]Tomcat 4-sale (Dang it!)
Sad

Wow, what a lot of work into making the boat perfect. Hopefully, the change to life in the wheelchair will still allow you some time on the water.

Do you have a photo album of it?

Does the fuel economy every get close to what is quoted on the c-dory website? https://www.c-dory.com/boats/tomcat/catamaran-255/

I'm looking for boat to take up the inside passage, leaving from Victoria BC and the range quotes don't seem realistic.

How do you feel the solar charger does? Do you ever need to plug it in, being in the PNW?
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomcat 4-sale…Dang it! Reply with quote

kaelc wrote:

Do you have a photo album of it?

Does the fuel economy every get close to what is quoted on the c-dory website? https://www.c-dory.com/boats/tomcat/catamaran-255/

Click on his photo album to see it.

The fuel economy is extremely optimistic. Under ideal conditions on a plane 2 mpg is achievable at a boat moderately outfitted. The heavier the boat, worse the fuel economy. The performance charts are on a new, light boat, usually less than 1/2 tank fuel, and minimal gear or persons. At slow speeds, you may get 3 plus miles per gallon--there was a post by Brent on Discovery on their mileage in AK doing mostly displacement speeds. Generally 250 miles might be a reasonable range--not 400 miles, unless very slow.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
OffLeash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kaelc

Photo Album. The easiest way to see the CBrats photo album is to click on my name in Red “off Leash” and it will take you directly to it other wise you have to go into photo album and surf through.
Also, while I would not normally list this with a Boat broker because of the physician problem I have also listed the boat with AlaskaBoatBrokers.com so someone would always be available to show it so you can go. They like to put lots of photos because their customers come from so far away so you can get a pretty good view. I may also have more in my files. If you have any specific technical questions I might be better able to help you than the broker but it is up to you.

https://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/listings_detail.php?id=327

Fuel Economy: The short answer is yes you can get the same fuel economy as the web site says….However,

Lets talk real world. If you load it up heavy for long term cruising with Full Fuel 150 Gal. (Huge amount of weight and extra water as well as everything else…Like we did you will get as low as 1.6 to 1.8 using a somewhat but more realistic calculations. We never had less than 1.6 to 1.8. We even carry a separate 12v freezer so we have plenty of frozen food and ice.
Also, If you run with tanks about half full and with less stuff you can get what they talk about.
Also while I never got the chance to actually validate the fuel use of the 4 blade props most people there were a lot of prop guys and people who know cats understand you it increases the mileage but sacrificing top end performance. Oh the other thing people do who cruise and want fuel economy is run at under 8 mph and cruise like a trawler for long range fuel economy. We cruised slow and while we did not get any real testing it the flow meter seemed to show it helping. It might be best to talk live about this so I can give you as much insight as possible.

Inside passage: It will do the inside passage. We bought it for that reason even though this year we only made the Broughts (LaConner to the Broughtons in 2 easy days). There were several people I think that did it this year on Tomcats and there are a bunch of blog post in the web site about it. There were some nice step by steps out there on it on a Tomcat
If you like to talk about performance questions and even do the Inside Passage (I am jealous) you can email me directly at mdellario@aol.com or we can have a live conversation. Even if you don’t want my boat won't work for you I will be glad to talk to you about the Tomcat and expectations. When we did our search for and expedition we looked at Aspen, Arrow, Glacier Bay for this type of cruising and chose the Tomcat for very specific reasons.

Solar Panel: The solar 100 amp panel seems to work well but it is new and we have never used it in the winter for many days on the hook with the refrigerator running. There is nothing else that takes much power. It did seem to be fully charge the batteries with in about 3-4 hours after sunrise and cloudy did not seem to have much of an impact or not. It is more than enough to keep batteries up on a mooring. If you look at the way it is set up I had it positioned so if we wanted we could add a second panel and still have it so the Bimini would fold up. We never needed the power. The other thing on power is that the Verado's have much bigger alternators than other outboards. Most would just run the engines twice one or twice a day for an hour to charge the batteries.

If you like to talk about performance questions and even do the Inside Passage (I am jealous) you can email me directly at mdellario@aol.com or we can have a live conversation. Even if you don’t want my boat I will be glad to talk to you about the Tomcat. When we did our search for and expedition we looked at Aspen, Arrow, Glacier Bay for this type of cruising and chose the Tomcat for very specific reasons.
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: ABB link Reply with quote

Hi - I gave it a good try and could not find your boat on the ABI site. You might post a closer link or suggest what category it is under, they have a bunch. Bob
OffLeash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm . Hey...caught me on line.

Try just typing in what is below to take you to the general web site
https://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com/

The Tomcat ad they have is right in the middle of what you see
Hope it works for you. If you click on the picture it should take you to the ad they are running.

If you want you can call and I can walk you through it. 206 369 0066
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The solar 100 amp panel...

100 amps? Not likely. Probably 100 watts.
OffLeash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps....Sorry....100 Watts for sure.

Also have to agree with Thataway and others on fuel economy.
The Published testing they always like to promote is almost always better than real world. While there are tweaks and basic maintenance things you can and should do to your boat, it seems as though no matter what your favorite engine is, the fuel economy is basically the same with a range that most seem happy with. These are always fun discussions at the dock over some beverages...
OffLeash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the folks who had contacted me privately about letting them know if the current buyer backed out or had a problem it looks like everything is going ok on his end. Just waiting for final financial activity which should be next week. So it looks like it is sold. Thanks for your interest.

The boat is headed to Alaska. I did use Alaska Boat Brokers to show the boat because I physically could not and they seemed to do a professional job and have good contacts for all the components of the process. They have offices in from Anacortes to Alaska and said they have a lot of interest in our little boats up there.

During the process someone asked me if how much time I was able to spend on the water and what boat I liked the best. When I added it up it was over 10,000 nautical miles living aboard, cruising, costal, fresh and lake waters.
I have been lucky enough to spend time on large and small power and sail boats. It is funny, but the nimble little C-Dory has been one of the most fun boats I have ever owned.
Fair Winds.
OffLeash

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: