The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Small craft advisory (Boston)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Small craft advisory (Boston) Reply with quote

It was perfect out there today until the late afternoon!! The morning was calm, lunchtime was fine ( winds building) and then in the late afternoon it came on quick (after the Patriots won!).

My Raymarine ST40 was showing sustained winds from 17- 21 knots out of the SW all late afternoon. But there were gusts that were much more than that. I had to come down from the flybridge because I wasn't exactly overjoyed with my experience up there. Lmao. It was windy. Lots of fun though....Is it really October 15th in Massachusetts??? These temps are rare up here for this time of year but very welcomed. Next weekend looks awesome too (70's). I'm hauling my boat out in early November, making good use of her until then!! Woohoo! I'm actually staying overnight tonight at the marina....the winds are really howling now. That small craft advisory is until 8am, I hope I can get some sleep! My C bRAts burgee is gonna friggon keep me up all night!!!!!!! Smile

**MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE VIDEO TO 480P OR HIGHER RESOLUTION**

https://youtu.be/GxIByizVkWc

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jason, Good luck on getting some sleep. Just curious, are you flying a Yacht Ensign, or Stars and Stripes? If it is the Ensign, you know it needs to come down at 2000 right? Whin I do that, I take the C-Brat Burgee down to, just in case some nefarious critter decides they need it more than me. Can't imagine that would happen, but then again, nobody is looking at it overnight.

BTW, Boston wasn't the only place with wind. This morning the ~400 hot air balloons in Albuqurque could not launch because the winds were at 15 - 20 with gusts above 25 mph. So, the mass "exit launch" (because today was the last day, so the "exit") couldn't happen.

Good luck on the rest of your fall boating season. It is my favorite time of the year, and it is beautiful.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

South of Heaven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey: I fly an American flag on the aft part of the flybridge (I keep my Indian flag inside) and I fly the C Brats burgee forward at the anchor.

I don't take down either one....I'll fly my C Brats burgee til I die (no matter what boat I'm in). It'll be flying on my Nordhavn 40 or Selene 47 in a few years from now.

However I may buy a new burgee from Da Nag in 2018. They wear out quickly but I still love them! Some of the stitching is really starting to come apart. Lol
beermanPDX

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Photos: Jean Marie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
I don't take down either one....I'll fly my C Brats burgee til I die (no matter what boat I'm in). It'll be flying on my Nordhavn 40 or Selene 47 in a few years from now.

A few years??? I was guessing Spring 2018 since you've had the Camano for a long time now. Laughing

I kid because I get the fever too.

Rob
2008 25 Cruiser - Sold
2002 Nordic Tug 32/4 - Sold
1989 40 Tollycraft Sport Sedan
South of Heaven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beermanPDX wrote:
South of Heaven wrote:

A few years??? I was guessing Spring 2018 since you've had the Camano for a long time now. Laughing

I kid because I get the fever too.

Im thinking once I turn 40, I'll buy a 40' ! I'm 36 now..... 😃
beermanPDX

City/Region: Portland
State or Province: OR
Photos: Jean Marie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South of Heaven wrote:
Im thinking once I turn 40, I'll buy a 40' ! I'm 36 now..... 😃

I just looked at the specs. A Nordhavn 40 LOA is only 39' and change. You can now buy it a year earlier.

I like this idea though. Apparently I'm driving a boat that is 11' too short for my age.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: