Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
c-dog22

City/Region: Hampton Falls
State or Province: NH
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: saquish
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: cover support for 22 foot angler Reply with quote

Just ordered a cover for my new 2006 22'angler from Angola Canvas. What are folks using to support the cover? we get a fair amount of snow up here in NH, and I think it'll need some help.

Also interested in meeting other brats in the Sothern nh area.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new cover came with re-enforced circles with female snaps front and rear centerline (cockpit & foredeck). I made simple tent-poles out of 1/2” ply and 2X2s. 8 inch square bases, the 2X2 mounted and then small round pieces of the plywood with the edge rounded over. I covered the base with marine carpet I had and put a male snap center on the round top, which snaps into the female snap in the cover.

Our cover is Sunbrella not Aqualon, so it stretches but also breathes. Snow load is not as bad up here though.

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a full cover on my current 25, and had one on my previous 22. The 22 cover was made new by a local guy that custom makes covers. My 25 cover was purchased from a friend and the same local guy did some alteration to my desires and to fit the boat. With both of these, there was a pole in the back part of the cover in the cockpit, and then two short poles on the front of the cover that were on the boat's bow. The rest of the cover laid against the roof. Both covers were then held down with rubber cords placed about every 3 feet along the bottom of the cover, which came to just below the top color trim of the boat, and attached to the trailer frame. You can see photos of the covers in both my albums. Colby
KU

City/Region: Carmel Valley
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Sea Cruz
Photos: Sea Cruz
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject: Front & Rear Cover Supports Reply with quote

My original from Angola Canvas didn't have any = not a good idea, but I didn't know enough to ask for them, so that's likley not Angola's fault. My 2nd from Monterey Bay Canvas came with them without my asking as he knew I was using them for an in-harbor-slip, not on-trailer parking cover. Angola's stock model is more of the latter. They probably could make the same mods/additions below if asked. Mine has a short fixed thicker pole with a rubber bumper on the bottom to protect and not slide on the deck to a female rubberized/plastic receiver socket in the middle of the front deck's canvas. It has the same for a longer, thinner, adjustable pole in the middle of the rear deck. Both black rubberized plastic, pole-mount receiving blocks/disks sewn into the canvas are vented domes.
cbbernard

City/Region: Wakefield
State or Province: RI
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SEA STORY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Dog 22, I'm in RI and have a 22 with an Angola cover. I don't support it at all, I just stretch it tight over the transom and outboard and use shock cords to lash it to the trailer. Never had an issue, but we get less snow than you do. I have family near you, would love to meet up and see your 22 when I'm in the area.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 22 has an Angola Canvas cover. I do not use auxilliary supports and I live in SW Mi. My cover has the motor cover as part of the main cover. This holds the cover more or less taut over the cockpit. When I ordered it I specified the points I wanted reinforced and had the sides of the cover extended by about 3 feet so that the cover also covers the hull sides (down to the trailer fenders). Angola Canvas was very accomodating with the modifications I asked for.

I added grommets and tie down lines about every 3 feet around the bottom edge of the cover for securing it to the trailer. This cover is not meant for use when the boat is towed.
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cover support for 22 foot angler Reply with quote

Deleted. (Oh never mind. This is an old thread that was already answered. lol.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: