The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/06 - 03/08 St. John's River Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine of us are stopped for the afternoon at the Sanford public dock. Midnight Flyer, Mighty Wench, Mystery Girl, Tully-B, Calm C, Cat O Mine, Two Bears, Wee Bit and C-Otter. After taking in the sights of Sanford we will head down to Woodruff Creek to anchor for the night. Up in the 70’s today with some clouds. Has been in the 40’s at night, just right for sleeping. I think everyone had a great time at Hontoon Island, I know I did.
Boston Whaler Super Sport 17 1986 to 2007
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploading more photos. Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just snuck in some more photo uploads. Now onto those photos after the gathering, with our flotilla of ten following Tom & Joyce on the C-Otter. Dropped one boat today who had to return, and will probably drop some more in the next few days as those that can't stay longer return. Since all my photos of the official gathering have been uploaded, I'll likely wait until I get internet service somewhere or home before uploading the rest. This was another great gathering, and more fun to come as some of us cruise the River together for the next week. Colby
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thisaway, bailed on Friday, and made it home in 9 hours of solid driving....Both of us are on the "injured" list, and with the lack of ability of either of us to lift generators, easily take the dinghy ashore with Miss Angel, discretion is the better part of valor. I'll be at a surgeons office arranging to get hernias, reduced and repaired this next week, and Marie is resting with some cracked ribs, and a gash in her leg. We were not even able to enjoy the pancake breakfast, after making the run up there....I spent last Sunday in the DeLand ER (good hospital).

But there is always next year! Photos will be downloaded tomorrow.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
South of Heaven

City/Region: Sharon
State or Province: MA
Photos: Blue Water
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Thisaway, bailed on Friday, and made it home in 9 hours of solid driving....Both of us are on the "injured" list, and with the lack of ability of either of us to lift generators, easily take the dinghy ashore with Miss Angel, discretion is the better part of valor. I'll be at a surgeons office arranging to get hernias, reduced and repaired this next week, and Marie is resting with some cracked ribs, and a gash in her leg. We were not even able to enjoy the pancake breakfast, after making the run up there....I spent last Sunday in the DeLand ER (good hospital).

But there is always next year! Photos will be downloaded tomorrow.

OMG....God bless you both sir.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht (Twin 385 Crusaders) (SOLD 6/20)

2000 Camano 31 Troll (Volvo TAMD41p) (SOLD 2/19)

2007 C Dory 25' Cruiser (200 hp Suzuki, sold 7/17)

2003 C Dory 19' Angler (80 hp Yamaha, sold 7/16)

1995 C Dory 16' Angler (40 hp Yamaha, sold 2/16)
colbysmith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All anchored up in Deep Creek last evening. Looks like we will stay here for the day and another night due to high wind warnings this afternoon. Very well protected in here and a nice area. Another boat heading back today so we are down to 7 now.
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hontoon CBGT report: The C-Otter is at anchor in Deep Creek just north of Lake Harney waiting for the cold front to come through. Tomorrow we will attempt to get to The Jolly Gator restaurant south of Lake Harney for lunch.

I want to thank everyone that attended the gathering for making it the best one ever! I know I say that every year but it’s true and we are looking forward to next Year already. Dates for 2019 will be March 5,6,7. Many C-Brats arrive early and stay late to explore.

We had a lot of highlights this year. Let’s start with Terry’s white and red hot dogs. Yum yum! Thanks for joining us at Hontoon and CU at Alton for the Meet in the Middle. The Clow’s Auction.....all I can say is WOW! The great stuff that everyone brought, from books, jelly, boat parts, grill to a West Marine dingy! We had a few bidding contests that raised the prices nicely. In the end we brought is $1,110 with the auction, The 50/50 brought in $362 including the winnings donated back, other donations after expenses was $300 for total $1772. The Park has already received $1700 toward a new audio visual system to replace antiquated and unreliable equipment. They are thrilled and the Park Manager sends his thanks and so do I. I will purchase a plaque to place on the equipment and then turn over the balance to the park.

Programs this year: Dr. Bob talked about wiring and electrical. Wire sizing, connections and tools were all covered. As always his presentation was spot on! Golf Coast John covered the pros and cons of the Tom Cat. A great analysis of a great boat. Ken Torres talked about the flooding after Hurricane Irma. Pretty devastating but everything is back to normal now. We were able to look at photos on a small screen but next year I want to see them on our big screen in the Museum.

We actually had C-Dory factory representatives at our humble gathering! They donated C-Dory goodies for the silent auction. Ryan and Wendy, a delightful husband and wife team joined us. They reported that the factory was in the process of updating their website. We pointed out a few things like hand rails that would be nice.Three Rivers Marine from Crystal River brought three New boats, a 22, 23 and a Tom Cat. Everyone that looked at them commented about the quality of the boats. I especially like the new finish on the interior. Three Rivers also donated a kayak to Hontoon Island Park to use in their rental fleet.....way to go and thanks.

Bob and Marie......make sure you heal up quick. That goes for everyone that that could not make it this year.

Till next time....Tom and Joyce on the C-Otter

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thisaway Crew, Prayers for fast, complete healing. Sorry, I am so out of touch, and lucky to get a n hour or so occasionally for CBRATS fix so have missed what happened but whatever, sounds like you are on the way there.

the rest of you all, stay safe as you travel and enjoy. Maybe...... next year.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Simplicity

City/Region: Chipley
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Simplicity
Photos: Simplicity
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the saying? Better late than never lol
It has been three years since Simplicity has been on a cruise. Sorry we missed you JennyKatz, but we put in yesterday for three weeks of cruising on the river. Between my mom being down sick and grandkids sick we have had one thing or another each year. Have met some new faces yesterday and today here at Hontoon. Hope to make the trip next year on time and get to enjoy the pancakes:) Happy Cruising to all

Linda and Alan
Simplicity
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: TC255 Reply with quote

We just finished an 18 day adventure including 11 days on the St John river enjoying Tom and Joyce’s favorite secret anchorages, plus a 7 day side trip to Eluethera from Ft Lauderdale flying on Silver Airlines Saab 340 turboprop puddle-jumpers (which is an adventure itself!). It can’t be simple logistics if we’re doing it!
We spent last night aboard NAS JAX in a 2-room suite on the 5th floor directly on the St John riverview for $70 grand total. If you’re a military retiree and not maximizing the benefits see DODLODGING.COM, cancel same day by 6PM with no penalty (try that with Hampton Inns, our second fav overnight room).
Thanks Tom and Joyce!
PS unless I misunderstood him, Ryan is not just a “factory rep” but a 25% owner of NWI (builder of C-Dory, Scagit, Osprey etc see NMI.com). They spent a long time on my boat seeking input to make it better, and we appreciate that.
Hope to see everyone again next year!
John and Eileen

Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone who attended the gathering did not register on Jotform please do so. I’m going to ask Ken to Email everyone on the list a report on attending C-Brats next week. You will then be able to make contact with your new friends! Please remember to keep the list confidential. Here’s the link.....

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163

Once again......A big thanks to everyone! 100% participation in volunteers.

Back to cleaning the C-Otter for the next adventure......Tom
jeannemaddux@gmail.com

City/Region: Fairbanks
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Calm C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great time visiting and cruising with our C Dory buddies. Will head back to Alaska next week after getting some repair work done at Astor Marine. Thanks Tom and Joyce for organizing such a fun event. We learned so much from everyone and can’t thank everyone enough for help and suggestions. We look forward to seeing everyone next year. Will try to add more pictures after we return home.

Jack and Jeanne
Calm C

colbysmith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great gathering and after cruise Tom and all! Our last night here, anchored with Mystery Girl just off the River at the entrance to Stagger Mud Lake. We’ll pull out tomorrow and start our journey back to the 30 degree weather at home! But this next weekend we have a heatwave coming in the upper 40’s! Razz Colby & Rosanne
Water Bill

City/Region: Lake Keowee, SC
State or Province: SC
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: Mystery Girl (Ranger Tug R-23)
Photos: Mystery Girl and C-Swell
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to thank everyone especially Joyce and Tom for the great time I
had at the Hontoon Island get together and cruising the St Johns River with everyone. I pulled out of Ed Stone Park just before 11 this morning right behind Midnight Flyer. I arrived home at Lake Keowee in SC at 9:30pm, about a 9.5 hour drive. I am sorry to say Colby and Rosanne have a few more days of driving before they arrive home in Wisconsin. I hope to make it back to Hontoon Island sometime next winter and to the get together in March. I hope to see some of you before than.
Bill
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyboo Mike HELP! So I've uploaded 42 photos so far of 168 total. Slow going tonight on the road with campground internet, but know my home internet isn't lightning fast either. Is there an easier way to jamload my photos? Or just continue slow and steady? Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: