The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/06 - 03/08 St. John's River Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby,
Today it's 86 degrees and sunny here near Cape Coral. We're scoping out the marinas by car, and crashed the SW Fl Ranger/Cutwater Rendezvous.
If you can't un-freeze the trailer tires when the time comes, well, that's what flame-throwers are for. See Amazon for Prime shipping, order 3 days in advance.
PS when they found out we're C-Dory people, an ugly mob formed and chased us waving pitchforks and flaming torches all the way back to the hotel, where they nailed a dead fish to our door.
Other than that, they're really nice folks.
Best,
John

BTDT

City/Region: Grand Lake Oklahoma
State or Province: OK
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: C- Lark Wine Down
Photos: C-Lark
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free fish.........nice work,
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, Not even an offer to borrow a pitchfork and a flaming torch so you could BBQ that fish? Twisted Evil

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, I was about to say Free Fish also. lol! 86 degrees. Sounds like Phoenix the entire time we were there a week ago. I must have something wrong in the head to have come back home, or to even continue living here. (That or a working wife I love who has a pretty good job that keeps us here... Rolling Eyes ) We got about 7" of snow a few days ago, then another 2 last night. But we are suppose to get all the way up to 40 by Wednesday! Think I'd better break out the shorts and t-shirt! I've been keeping the boat plowed out, so when the time comes, I should be able to just back my truck up to it in the back yard, go into 4WD and give it a good yank! Praying for some warmer weather the next few weeks, then one good cold spell at night to freeze any ground thawing the middle of the last week, then some 40+ temps so I can run the boat on the muffs (to make sure all works) and get it loaded for the trip south. Don't think I'm asking for too much do you? Mr. Green Colby
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful day here today as it got up to just a bit above 40 degrees! A little envious seeing a few Facebook postings from fellow C-Brats at Hontoon or in the area. I did pull Midnight Flyer out of the back yard today and parked her out front next to my driveway. Put the new registration stickers on and changed out the leaky seals on the outboard's hydraulic steering ram. Loaded back up most the stuff I keep inside over winter, and made the V-Berth bed. Then ran the motor. Started up and all good! I'll load the rest of the liquid stuff the day before heading out for Hontoon. Two more weeks and we'll be on our way! Colby
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone....Please remember the silent auction on the Wednesday of the Hontoon Gathering. The Clow’s run this to raise needed funds for Hontoon Island State Park. Look through your “boat stuff “ and donate those unneeded treasures.

Just some of the things that we have already. A new Suzuki 14x19 aluminum prop for a 90HP. A tachometer for a 90 Suzuki with only a few hours. T-Bag, rod holder, throw ring, a nice propane boat grill and lots more.

Basic schedule of event....Tuesday arrivals with hot dogs and burgers provided at 5PM. Please also bring a dish to pass. Fellowship around the campfire at sunset.

Wednesday.....Captains meeting at 8:30 AM with programs starting at 9AM running till noon. I will post the list in a few days. Lunch and breakfast are always on your own. Afternoon go for a cruise if you wish. I’ll get some leaders for those that may need a guide. Publix chicken and potluck at 5 PM, campfire at sunset.

Thursday.....Captains meeting at 8:30 am. Followed by favorite galley gadgets show n tell. Prizes will be awarded. Group hike led by park ranger. For any that have trouble hiking a van tour is available. Possible more programs or group discussions after. Leftovers and potluck for dinner at 5:00 PM with a campfire later.

Friday afternoon I’ll be heading up river with any that want to reach Lake Harney and hopefully beyond. Please note, this will be a nature trip that could last as much as 10 days but anyone can head out early. Slow and easy with most nights at anchor.

This gathering is very low key...participation in any activity is optional. No Rules...Just be nice! That about sums it up.

Important for docking safety.....the docks are short at Hontoon and most require backing your boat in. We will try to have helpers on the dock at all times. Please wait till someone is in position especially if you’re docking next to another boat.

We are going to use channel 69 at the docks. Please be mindful of your wake and keep a careful forward watch. Many manatees in the area.

I’ll be posting updates every few days. Be safe traveling.

Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.Captains meeting at 8:30 AM

Is this east coast time, or MY TIME! Come on Tom, I need my beauty rest otherwise I'm a grouch! LOL. Smile Moon Smile

Sign me up anyway to follow you south. But we have to be pulling out at 9 days. Wink

Regarding the silent auction, not anywhere near nice as the other stuff you posted, but I'll be bringing these items:

An old but still useable type IV throwable life ring.
Two cup holders that are suppose to clip on camp chairs.
A homemade muffler for Webasto type heaters.
A 2006 copy of the Wagoneer Crusing Guide.
A package of those Parchment liners for the stove top oven.
A large orange daylight distress flag.

Looking forward and counting the days. 10 till we leave here! Colby
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sealed Garmin Plug & Play Bluchart G2 Vision SD card for the Mid-Atlantic VUS512L. (This may not be upgradeable by Garmin x1 for half retail price of $339 as may be a copy, hard to tell).
2 genuine Garmin baseball caps (Garmin gives you one free for every $5,000 of their stuff you buy. We have 4).
30 Amp shorepower cord.
Bag of 4 Pelican Verslights and 4AA flashlight.
2018 C-Dory calandar.
other stuff to follow.
John
cwericsson

City/Region: Midway
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: The Adventure Begins
Photos: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Registration required? Reply with quote

Is there any registration required for Hontoon State Park? All I've done is join this discussion. Do I need to do more? Carl
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Registration required? Reply with quote

cwericsson wrote:
Is there any registration required for Hontoon State Park? All I've done is join this discussion. Do I need to do more? Carl

There is the "Event Sign up" at the top of the C Brat page: That gives Tom and Joyce a good idea of how many people for food supplies.

Also there is a sign up so we can all have the names, boat names, phone numbers and address spread sheet:

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163

Look forward to seeing all there...

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl on the home page of the main website here, is a link for event signups. Click on that, look for St. Johns River and sign up there. Also, a few pages back is a link to a page that collects everyone's address, phone number, etc, just for personal use to share with each other at the event. Colby
P.s. Actually, I"ll see if I can post the links below:

http://www.c-brats.com/groupcp.php to sign up

and

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163 form to fill out with personal information
cwericsson

City/Region: Midway
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: The Adventure Begins
Photos: The Adventure Begins
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Registration completed Reply with quote

Thank you! I just submitted it.
See you at Hontoon Island.
Carl
hank clow

City/Region: L'Anse
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Meri Aura
Photos: Meri Aura
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Breakfast and lunch Reply with quote

Since we will be boatless for the Gathering we're staying at the Hontoon Resort just across the river from the Park. The deli that opened last year is still there and offers breakfast and lunch as well as good quality deli meats and cheeses.

For those of you who are "stumped" for auction items, don't feel they must be boat oriented. A bottle of wine or small sized arts and crafts items always provide active bidding.

See you all soon.

Hank and Pat
Meri Aura
JOHN C

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
Vessel Name: Mighty Wench
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: silent auction Reply with quote

We have a mermaid marine air conditioner that I removed from the boat when I bought it. I never plugged it in, so I don't know if it works. It operates on 110 and uses floating water for the heat exchange. I have most of the pieces except those that I still use as ducting and water intakes. Assuming it was installed when the boat was new, it dates back to 1998.

It is heavy and I cannot deal with it on the boat for any length of time at all. If anyone wants it or it is good for the silent auction, we would need to figure out what to do with it meantime.

I can get it to FL. Ideally, if anyone knows what to do with it, they could pick it up wherever I leave the pickup and trailer.

Any ideas?

John

Larry K

City/Region: Port Huron, MI
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Odyssey
Photos: The Odyssey
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: St John’s river gathering Reply with quote

We are returning for the gathering but we are also boat less and staying at Hontoon Landing. It has just harder to come South for the winter and get the boat back back up to the St. John’s river. Wendy and I looking forward to seeing all and enjoying everyone’s friendship. Maybe looking for a boat ride on Wednesday. See everyone.

Larry and Wendy Krabach

Larry K C-Brat #150
The Odyssey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: