The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/06 - 03/08 St. John's River Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be great to see a Cruise Ship 25 at the gathering! One of my favorite boats!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: 25 cruise ship Reply with quote

yes I like the bigger bathroom and larger table area .The only drawback is you can't see out the back for mooring I think toby put a car's rear view side mirror on the boat and maybe even a back up camera?
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Hontoon Island Update Reply with quote

Trust everyone had a Very Merry Christmas. Joyce and I spent Christmas weekend volunteering on Hontoon Island. The campground opened up last week. Not many campers but the campground looks good. The cabins are all clean and ready for guests. The road to the campground is in poor condition and a contractor will start on January Eighth to barge over fill and equipment to fix the road. The work is scheduled to be done by the end of February. The marina and day use area will be open while the road work is in progress, however, the campground will be closed.

The good news is that it will not affect our gathering. The docks are in great shape and all aquatic growth have been removed from the slips. We even dragged some away with our new dinghy. Joyce would hook it and we’d “relocate “ it. The water is still a bit high but we hope it stays about where it is so that it will be easier to get to DeLeon Springs for pancakes. 🥞

We held a fish fry for the staff on Christmas Day. I forget how much young people eat. We had just enough crappies and fries. The paddle wheeler that docks on Lake Beresford came by all lit up playing Christmas Songs. A special Christmas morning gift was a visit by two manatees right near our dock. Memories made.

A couple of months and we will making more at the Fifth Annual CBGT at Hontoon. Can’t wait to see everyone. I’ve been digging on the boat and shed for unused boat stuff for the silent auction. The piles getting bigger with the things the Clow’s sent down from Michigan.

If you haven’t signed up yet, be sure to do so and remember we do welcome those that are interested in learning more about the C-Dory family of boats.

God bless.......Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Tom and Joyce. Thanks for the update and sharing. The brutal cold finally hit us here in Wisconsin. March can not get here soon enough! See you then. Colby
D&RLuke

City/Region: Meigs
State or Province: GA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Salty Peach
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I are looking at buying a cdory this year. I was wondering if we could show up at the cdory gathering on St John's river in March and talk y'all about your C dorys
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not find a better time or place to learn about C-Dory’s. All that are interested in C-Dory’s are welcome. See you at Hontoon. Tom
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D&RLuke wrote:
My wife and I are looking at buying a cdory this year. I was wondering if we could show up at the cdory gathering on St John's river in March and talk y'all about your C dorys

Tom, is right, (Avidmagnum12), in that the gathering, (called a CBGT for C Brat Get Together), is a great place to meet the boats and the owners. You may find that you like the boats, and that the folks are pretty great too. Make it a point to get to one or more and see what happens. There are CBGT's in Florida, the Central states, Lake Powell, San Fransisco - the Delta Cruise, and the largest is Friday Harbor, in the San Juans with about 40 - 50 boats. Enjoy the time and find what works for you.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

D&RLuke

City/Region: Meigs
State or Province: GA
Vessel Name: Salty Peach
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. We live in So. Ga so St John's works well for us. But if we decide to buy one we may see y'all at several.
Chris P

City/Region: Palm Coast
C-Dory Year: 2006
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my boat in St Augustine now, and am thinking of cruising from there to this gathering if it's not too late to sign up. It seems pretty straight forward looking at charts, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience on the St John's from Jacksonville to Hontoon Park. Any insight appreciated.
Miafun1

City/Region: Illinois
State or Province: IL
Vessel Name: Lake Effect
Photos: Lake Effect
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: St. Augustine to Hontoon Reply with quote

Oh yes, very doable!
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dan and Peggy said very doable. And it’s not to late to sign up. It can be done in a long fast day if the railroad bridges are open and the winds are not up. It would be far better to figure 3 days or longer. There are many good places to spend the night at anchor or dock. Lots to explore. I’ve been exploring the St. John’s for years and I’ve lots more to explore. I think Tad and Toby are going to bring there 25 cruise ship up the ICW then down the St John’s. If you need more information send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to call. Trust that we see you at Hontoon. I plan on spending about 2 weeks on the river. Some time before the gathering and some after. Many of us look forward to this all year long. Till then ......Tom
chucko

City/Region: Davidson
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 1997
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Angel
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Event schedule Reply with quote

Can someone guide me to a schedule of events for each day/night?

1997 22 cruiser, sold may 2023
1998 17 Aquasport Osprey cc sold sold 2012
1977 16 Mako cc sold 1999
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schedule--who has a schedule?...The majority of C Brat gatherings are rather loose in organization.. Tom and Joyce try and keep us all busy., with multiple activities. I have to say that not to be missed, is the entire experience. Camp fires, nature walks, birding, kayaking, jungle cruise, Auction, sharing of information--and for us especially the "cruises" before and after the gathering....Pot luck dinners, with special chicken and burgers as in past gatherings Hidden alcoholic beverages, charity for the Hontoon Island, and remembrance of those who have passed!

I am sure that Tom will put up some type of schedule--but come prepared to have fun, and enjoy the fellowship with like minded and crazy C Brats!~!
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There IS a schedule, always available on that first day when we sign in. The eating times are most important to me! Mr. Green But like Bob said, there are campfires, guided boat tours on the river around the island, some technical talks, and maybe some special events like a silent auction. But the only thing that is really important, is being there. I like to at least be in the slip a day early, just to get my preferred choice. And I leave my home so as to arrive a few days early, partly because it's a 1500 mile drive and that gives me a little leeway for any weather or traffic/car issues, and also a short visit with a relative on the way. And partly because it's always fun to cruise around before the gathering starts. Then I plan to hang around several days to a week after the gathering, as there is always some cruising to do after the event, either on your own, or with some others. I'd say most are in the slip the night before it starts, with a few more that show up on the day it starts. Some leave on the last day, many leave sometime after.
Anyway, just my two cents. It's a great gathering. One that is worth me towing the boat 1500 miles to attend. This will be my third year. BTW, you can take your boat out as much as you want, or stay in the slip and enjoy hiking around the island and just socializing with others. Colby
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking this year that instead of all the fun stuff Dr. Bob mentioned, is to instead hold a boat waxing and detailing clinic. We would of course start with the C-Otter! But “she who must be obeyed” ruled that out. She said I’d have to wax the C-Otter before the Gathering so that the C-Otter would outshine the Cat O’ Mine with it’s Poli Glow finish. So I guess we will stick to having fun.

Seriously.....I’ll be at Hontoon the Friday before the Gathering and doing some side trips like DeLeon Springs. I was up there last week and with the high water, it was an easy trip. Tuesday is the official start and signup. We have a pot luck with burgers and hot dogs at 5pm with a campfire after dinner. Wednesday we have Publix chicken and pot luck at 5 pm. During the mornings we usually have a few seminars about the St. John’s and our C-Dory’s. Afternoon some go cruising, some go to the store and some just goof off.
We will try to have a more complete schedule a week or so beforehand. We will have some nature hikes and van tours. Fun for sure. Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: