The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/06 - 03/08 St. John's River Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hank clow

City/Region: L'Anse
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meri Aura
Photos: Meri Aura
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: St. Johns River Gathering Reply with quote

After a month at Marshfield Clinic in recovery mode following major surgery we are finally home and Hank is making great progress regaining his strength and getting used to his new lifestyle.

So, we are ready to commit to the March gathering. Our early winter plans are still in flux, but it looks like March will find us among a great group of friends along with the joy of meeting new ones.

Start saving "stuff" for the silent auction.

Hank and Pat
Meri Aura
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Great to hear that Hank is doing well. See you at Hontoon!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Miafun1

City/Region: Illinois
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Lake Effect
Photos: Lake Effect
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are happy to hear you are on the mend Hank! It will be great to see you
and Pat again this March.
Dan & Peggy

C. A. Derivas

C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Serendipity
Photos: Bettie's Bataeu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count us in on the Up River trip. Sounds great wherever we wander!
JOHN C

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
Vessel Name: Mighty Wench
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Crashing the party? Reply with quote

We have gone to two C-Brat gatherings in Friday Harbor - the problem being we have a Rosborough. Would we be welcome to this one?

Have been to the Keys a number of times, but never this far north on the water. Is there much to do or see in this area?

Thanks,

John Coppedge
The Mighty Wench
Cleveland, OH

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I for one would enjoy seeing your Roseborough. Two years ago one of the previous C-Brats came with a Tug. I trailer my C-Dory down there from Wisconsin, and feel it's worth my trip, not only for the socialization with the other C-Brats at the main event, but for the "cruising" along the river after the event. If you don't mind the drive, I think you would enjoy the area. I'll let our host for the event, C-Otter, say rather or not you would be officially welcome to come. Colby
Ron Cowan

City/Region: Athens
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 1985
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Vessel Name: Elk-Tenn
Photos: Elk-Tenn
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, In no way am I speaking for the host of the gathering, but from personal experience I assure you that you will enjoy boating on the St. John’s river and the area. I am a member of C-Brats but sold my C-Dory and got a Rosborough. Have now sold it and may buy the C-Dory back again. Have reservations to spend Feb. at Hontoon and am considering staying a couple of week more to attend the gathering without a C-Dory. Plan to boat the St. John’s then in my Portabote. You can not go wrong coming to boat the area as you can see old Fla. at it’s best. Good luck hearing from the host and meeting some great people at the gathering. I am at Hontoon Resort for the month of Feb. since I now live on the Tennessee River. St. John’s is more fun than the Tn. for small boat cruising. For discussion of St. John’s my cell is (256) 318-4608. Ron
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John....As the host of the event I’m inviting you down to the Hontoon Island Gathering. You’ll find a lot to explore on the St. John’s. Make sure you sign up.

The water has gone down a couple of feet from the flooding after Hurricane Irma. The park will reopen tomorrow. The day use area and marina only. The campground still has some flooding but some of the cabins should be usable soon. We have three boats here tonight including the C-Otter. Staff from other Florida parks were here helping today by cleaning up brush and downed trees. Joyce cleaned the museum and I did some pressure washing. Plenty of work to go around!

If the water stays at higher levels in March the Econlockhatee is on top of the list of goals for the upriver trip. I’ve even bought a Torquedo 1003 for the dingy and sold the Suzuki 2.5. I’m going green.....naaaaaa

Till next time....Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
JOHN C

City/Region: Cleveland
State or Province: OH
Vessel Name: Mighty Wench
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Thanks you all Reply with quote

We will make every effort - sounds like fun. The crowds at Friday Harbor sure were.

Thanks for the information - I will be checking it out.

Thanks again

John Coppedge
The Mighty Wench
Cleveland, OH
JimmyJoe

City/Region: Savannah
State or Province: GA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Hontoon Run Reply with quote

Hi my name is Jim toteno...I dont have a C Dory as of now but looking....I do have a 22' Sea Ray Weekender....would you let me do the run with you guys...I would love to be a part of it and will trail all of the C Dorys..please let me know..thanks
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim...anyone interested in C-Dory’s is welcome to attend the Hontoon Island Gathering. Actually ......it’s a great way to checkout the different models all in one place. More than one person that joined us landed up deciding if a C-Dory is what they wanted and what size mite fit there needs. The best part of the gathering is the people. They come from many directions but all have a love for “The Boat”. The St. John’s is very doable with an IO but some of the side rivers and creeks are definitely shallow draft. More than one C-Brat that followed me last year commented that their depth gauge was blinking because we were too shallow. But we made it. Prop strikes do happen but so far only little dings. Adventure awaits in Old Florida! Tom
thataway

C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More than one C-Brat that followed me last year commented that their depth gauge was blinking because we were too shallow. But we made it. Prop strikes do happen but so far only little dings. Adventure awaits in Old Florida! Tom

Ah...the river to nowhere...I'll never tell!

Of course, then, there is the run to the Sugar Mill/ De Leon Springs. At full speed, because the water is too shallow to do it at displacement speed! We can always tow the Sea Ray, if the water is too shallow for the outdrive...

I agree it is a great place to see all of the boats, and all of the modifications owners have done. Also our favorite river! Thanks to Tom and Joyce!
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hontoon Island State Park is open but the campground will not be until the road to it is repaired. Joyce and I had a great time volunteering there over Thanksgiving. The floating docks are all fine and waiting for everybody joining us in March for our gathering.

If anyone is out cruising on the St. John’s over Christmas be sure to join us at Hontoon Island. We will be helping out over there over the Christmas weekend.

“The river to nowhere “ Ha Ha.....Thanks for keeping the secret!

We will make more memories next March. Merry Christmas 🎁

Tom

PS...for those that have not signed up yet ....be sure to do so....you don’t want to miss the fun.
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: St. Johns River Gathering Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Tom. And thanks to You and Joyce for all that you are doing to make the next St Johns River Gathering another great success. Jan and Lee on the Tully B wish you and Joyce and all our C-Dory friends a very Merry Christmas.
TadandTobyJackson

City/Region: Merritt Island
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Comfy Dory Too
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning to all. Just sitting here freezing in this Fla. Cold. Tom and Joyce thanks for again organizing this wonderful event. Toby and I just signed up on the event calendar and can’t wait! We will be leaving our new dock on the ICW and spend two weeks before the getogether cruising north up to St Simons Is and then back up the St Johns to Hontoon Is a couple days before the getogether.
It’s been a very busy year with a new knee for me, a new dock for us and a hurricane for Florida (well...actually it was 3)! Hope all is well for all of our group and can’t wait to see all again!

T and T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: