The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/06 - 03/08 St. John's River Florida CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We’ll be there, really looking forward to meeting a bunch of new faces. Our first meet outside of Friday harbor or La Conner.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulNBriannaLynn wrote:
We’ll be there, really looking forward to meeting a bunch of new faces. Our first meet outside of Friday harbor or La Conner.
Be great to meet you all! Be sure and schedule time before and after the gathering to enjoy one of American's most beautiful rivers.!

Congratulations on the "New" Boat.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bob! We cant wait. We'll plan on making a whole week of it on the river.
thataway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need more than a week if you can take it. There are some nice semi organized cruises after--and mostly individual before. If Tom leads again--always lots of fun.
C. A. Derivas

C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Serendipity
Photos: Bettie's Bataeu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow missed this until today. Wouldn't miss the gathering for anything. Last year was our first and was fabulous. Looking forward to seeing all C-brats, new friends and already friends. Oh boy!
Tully-B

City/Region: Hopkins
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Tully-B
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: St. Johns River Gathering Reply with quote

So glad to hear that C.A. and Bettie are returning to the gathering. Jan and Lee on the "Tully B" enjoyed meeting them both at last years gathering and look forward to the coming gathering and seeing them again.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each year I have seen this come up, and watched it with interest. Again, this time getting closer to pulling the trigger on a southerly venture. There are still some impediments, but you all make it sound so fun, and I am sure it can be exciting. It is not out of consideration, but for 2018 I have another big trip planned (in the process) and it would compete financially and possibly time wise. Seems it would make sense to be down south early and catch this event and then start working my way back north.

Will be watching in envy.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, DO IT! This is one of the better gatherings in my book. Plan to stay at least a week after the event. That's when the real fun happens! The only negative about this, is the time of year. Coming from Wisconsin in March is dicey. Still prone to snow and ice storms for the first half of the travel down! But it's on my schedule again this year none the less. Colby
hardee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbysmith wrote:
Harvey, DO IT! This is one of the better gatherings in my book. Plan to stay at least a week after the event. That's when the real fun happens! The only negative about this, is the time of year. Coming from Wisconsin in March is dicey. Still prone to snow and ice storms for the first half of the travel down! But it's on my schedule again this year none the less. Colby

Colby, I would love to but it is only 3,055 miles one way from here, and we could have the same stuff over the mountains, through the woods and not even to grandma's house. I agree, it sounds great. Lots to consider.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Harvey, You would be traveling from one corner of the country to the other! At least I'm somewhat in the middle so usually not more than about 2000 miles to any gathering! But if you can swing it, I don't think you would be disappointed. Colby
hardee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby, You are right. I know I would not be disappointed. Have not been at any C-Dory gathering. I enjoy the socialization and meeting faces for all the names I know. The family keeps on growing and it seems like I just can't keep up with all the new faces.

Back when I was a newbie, the factory was doing a big sponsored dinner at their place of business -- yes, the factory, and we ate a huge meal, had a big party in among the fresh fiberglass partly finished hulls, stacks of parts and acres of floor space that held the several hundred feet of tables required for the sit-down dinner. There were a few speeches, (Mighty few AND short, and a ton of door prizes.) and everybody there was new to me. After some time I learned the names from this site, and started putting faces with names, and there were folks there from all over, like Florida, Texas, California, Carolina's, Tennessee, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Alaska. It was like a national convention of CBRATS. I digress. Sorry, but it would be something to have a get together like that again.

Of course the St Johns will have people with their boats, like Friday Harbor, and that is great too. Can't wait for more CBGT's.

I am just now looking at the Snake/Columbia trip you just finished and think it needs to be done again, 2018. Keep tuned.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

colbysmith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding St. John's River at Hontoon State Park. Potlucks with plenty of food. Very nice state park, with nice docks and electricity. Can explore on your own or join some other boats. Silent Auction with proceeds going both to help the park and things like a memorial bench for lost C-Brats. (Two years ago, I won a coloring book that I now take to every gathering I go to, official or not. (More than just my C-Dory! LOL) I ask those in attendance to color a fish or whatever and sign their name and boat name. I'm not so much into coloring books, but it's a neat thing to remember all those I come in contact with!) A few talks given on various things important to our boats. Campfire at evening. This past year we even had a short memorial service for two of our C-Brats that passed away. One of the larger gatherings. My first time two years ago, 40+ boats. Last year 30+ boats. It is worth the distance, if you have the time! Colby
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see a good early signup for the Hontoon Island CBGT. The boat ramps on the St. John’s river are open again as the flooding has subsided. The park manager, Ken has informed us the the docks are open and they are working diligently to get things fully operational. We are going to spend a week or so starting Thursday or Friday helping out. The camp ground is still flooded but the day use area is or will be open soon. Be assured that everything will be 100% in March. It’s would be great if the levels stay up a bit for us. Makes a lot of side trips possible including the one to DeLeon Springs. In any case I do plan to lead a group after the gathering up river as far as we can go plus some side rivers. Looking forward to being back on the St. John’s with fellow brats.

I’ll report from Hontoon next week. Everyone have a great thanksgiving....we have much to be thankful for.

Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
colbysmith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosanne and I plan to be there Sunday afternoon (before the gathering starts), then hang around for 5 days after the gathering. And of course follow C-Otter around during those 5 days! Mr. Green Colby
thataway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great on the Up River trip. If others want, and the water is deep enough, we would love to go up the Econlockhatee wild River. Not many powered boats and a lot of gaters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: