The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Any C-Brats in Cape Girardeau, MO, or Paducah, KY?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Any C-Brats in Cape Girardeau, MO, or Paducah, KY? Reply with quote

We just left Hoppies Marina in Kimswick, MO, which is the beginning of the 270 mile run via the Cumberland to Green Turtle Bay in which there is no gas readily available. We might make it (we should make it) but would be cutting it very, very close. So we are reaching out for anybody who might be able to help us by providing transportation to / from a gas station somewhere along the way.

We will be at the Little River Diversion Channel just past Cape Girardeau tomorrow evening, and we understand the Rhodes 101 fuel stop is very close to the boat ramp. If somebody could pick up a couple of gas cans (we would of course pay for them) and provide transportation for us to buy maybe 20 gallons of gas, we would be forever grateful!

The other possibility seems to be a Paducah. The new marina will not be open by the time we get there, but it should afford us an opportunity to at least tie up for a short time for us to get off and back on the boat to bring some gas down.

Send me a PM if you can help, and thanks a lot!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I am afraid there are no C Dorys on the map near either (Pelican was in Paducah, but sold about a year ago). Hopefully there is some other "Brat" nearby. We have cans enough to hold 75 gallons of fuel--but way too far away...happy to loan to anyone going that way..
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
thomasbecker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I hope that a solution will be found... Thanks for addressing the issue!
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late - but here is how this turned out. This may be useful information for future Loopers!

Our fuel tank holds 100 gallons. We fueled at Hoppies, about 250 miles from Green Turtle Bay, where the next fuel dock is (or was at the time). We cruised up the Diversion Channel at Cape Girardeaux and anchored under the bridge over the Interstate by the boat ramp. After a false start on the wrong side of the channel, I found the gas station, which was really close, and with significant exertion, I lugged that 5 gallon gas container three time from the station to the boat.

Turns out to have been unnecessary! On fill at Green Turtle Bay, we took 52 gallons of gas. Counting the 15 gallons from the Diversion Channel, we had used 67 of our 100 gallons from Hoppies to Green Turtle Bay!

Here is my blog post about getting the fuel from the station to the boat at the Diversion Channel.

Plus, there is now gas at Paducah, making the run between fuel stops even shorter. We stayed at the marina at Paducah, which was not yet open but the contractor had not been chasing Loopers away who tied up there. Electricity and water were on, which was great, because we did need to take on water. The fuel pumps were installed and probably operable, but the lady I talked to from the Paducah Planning Department who had been keeping me informed on the status of the new marina said they could not sell me gas there "for insurance reasons."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Grand Adventures All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: