The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

1996 Angler 16'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endress7816

City/Region: Hamburg
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Tadpole
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: 1996 Angler 16' Reply with quote

$9,500

Looking for a quick sale. Life circumstances have changed and it is time to sell my Angler. Located in Western New York near Buffalo, this C-Dory is ready to cruise the Erie Canal.

Vessel includes a 1996 50hp 4 stroke Honda and 5hp 4 stroke kicker.
EZ Load trailer in good condition.
Canvas in fair condition.

Radios work. Cushions are in good condition.

CDory_01.jpg
 Description:
Located in Hamburg, NY
 Filesize:  187.75 KB
 Viewed:  318 Time(s)

CDory_01.jpg

CDoryMotors.jpg
 Description:
50hp & 5hp Honda 4 stroke
 Filesize:  194.56 KB
 Viewed:  165 Time(s)

CDoryMotors.jpg

CDoryHours.jpg
 Description:
Hour Meter
 Filesize:  128.33 KB
 Viewed:  152 Time(s)

CDoryHours.jpg

MikeR

City/Region: Mill Creek
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2016
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Big-C
Photos: MikeR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the photos of the actual boat? Reason for asking, your title and description say Angler in New York but first photo is a Cruiser with Wisconsin registration. If that is the actual boat you might want to correct the title to say Cruiser. Any pics of the interior?
Endress7816

City/Region: Hamburg
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: Tadpole
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: 16' Angler/Cruiser Reply with quote

My mistake. I'll correct things this evening and add some pictures of the interior.

Thanks
john m connery

City/Region: madison
State or Province: CT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 16, 1996 Reply with quote

I'm interested. However the NADA used boat value guide lists low retail @ $3,595 and average retail @ $4,085 for this year C-Dory 16', trailer and 50 hp. Honda.
If I add + $500 for the kicker motor, I'll offer you $4.585. Please advise. JM Connery, Madison CT 203.421.3897 matsconn@gmail.com
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory 16, 1996 Reply with quote

john m connery wrote:
I'm interested. However the NADA used boat value guide lists low retail @ $3,595 and average retail @ $4,085 for this year C-Dory 16', trailer and 50 hp. Honda.
If I add + $500 for the kicker motor, I'll offer you $4.585. Please advise. JM Connery, Madison CT 203.421.3897 matsconn@gmail.com

NADA values are based on typical values for "B-Boat" types and they wouldn't know a C-Dory from a flat rock. C-Dory boats will hold their value M U C H longer and better than almost any other boat on the market. Go to the archives on this site and look at what C-Dory 16's are selling for and you will find that this one is not priced unrealistically.

If you want to pay $4.5K for a boat you can get a Bayliner for that. I guess it doesn't hurt to offer, but you may have to wait a long time for a reply from a C-Dory owner.

I just saw a 16 that had must been purchased with in the last couple of weeks, about the same year as this and it was not a cherry condition boat but fully functional and the new owner was happy he got it at a steal for 9.

Some of the 16's will bring well into the high teens.

Good luck in your search, John, and I hope you find your C-Dory.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: C-Dory 16, 1996 Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
NADA values are based on typical values for "B-Boat" types and they wouldn't know a C-Dory from a flat rock.

I'm curious if NADA is accurate for ANY boat.

I found their valuation even further from reality with my Nordic back in 2015. While dealing with banks pre-purchase, one had a seemingly decent financing deal - and we only needed to finance about 1/3 of the purchase, so I wasn't too concerned how they would appraise it.

Turns out...they used NADA, and told me the Nordic was worth $16K. The absolute, trashiest and thrashed Nordic 26 we saw while shopping was $56K - and it was beat up so badly, I'd not be surprised if it's still for sale.

My response to the fine USAA rep: "I'll take four of them."

kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NADA doesn't seem to be very accurate as the cost of new boats keep increasing and with a strong economy the used market is very strong. My boat is priced over NADA, but is not selling. I'm sure it would sell in a day if I did drop it to NADA but I continue to invest in it and want to hold on until the perfect 25 comes available.

Poor form to make a public low offer when Private Messaging is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: